• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

I just wanted to ask for prayer. I have been going to church alot lately and have been meeting with the saints regularly. That isn't something that I am used to doing because I never felt comfortable at church. The past month I have been struggling to move forward and am doing all that I know to do. I have been praying constantly and try to read my Bible regularly. That is a struggle because I lack concentration. I often forget what I just read.

Anyway, my problem is that when I come home from church or a function with the saints, I feel that I get attacked by Satan and his demons. About an hour after meeting with them I start feeling real guilty inside. I feel like I hurt someones feelings or made them just feel stupid. I start feeling very stupid.

Sunday night I woke up in the middle of the night feeling so terrible. I felt like I embarrassed someone at my church. So I felt so guilty. I felt better after I prayed though. Last night I woke up feeling so guilty about the same person as well as two others because we met together. I just feel like I embarrassed the young woman and hurt her friends feelings.

It just seems obvious that it is Satan because that is the time that I feel so terrible. After meeting with the saints. I am not giving up on going to church or having fellowship but I am in so much mental pain right now.

Thanks for listening. Your brother in Christ, Kevin :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1987

It could be... you could always make sure you DIDN"T hurt someone's feelings though- ask the people you felt bad about, next time you go to church. If you are sure that it is just the devil trying to make you feel sad.... Remember- God gave you victory over him. When you start feeling unhappy... go read your Bible and pray... ignore the feelings... the devil has lost... and you don't have to pay attention to him.

Ask God to help you ignore the devil and defeat his attempts to make you stumble.

I will be praying for you.

Edited by DaniJ87

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

Praying for ya :emot-hug:

Any time you feel like that pray and rebuke him in Jesus name. You don't have to tolerate him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

The past month I have been struggling to move forward and am doing all that I know to do.

Whatever you do on your own you will not succeed unless you allow God to work through you. Whenever you struggle, ask God to help you and trust that He will. Rest in Him.

I feel that I get attacked by Satan and his demons. About an hour after meeting with them I start feeling real guilty inside. I feel like I hurt someones feelings or made them just feel stupid. I start feeling very stupid.

Do not live by feelings, but by faith. You know you did not sin by going to church, so rebuke these feelings and thank God for His love for you. Keep your eyes on Jesus.

Sunday night I woke up in the middle of the night feeling so terrible. I felt like I embarrassed someone at my church. So I felt so guilty. I felt better after I prayed though. Last night I woke up feeling so guilty about the same person as well as two others because we met together. I just feel like I embarrassed the young woman and hurt her friends feelings.

It just seems obvious that it is Satan because that is the time that I feel so terrible.

I suggest that when you have these feelings, that you start to praise God, sing aloud (if possible) to Him. Also, pray for friends, family members, people you know that need prayers.

Satan is not going to like the fact that every time you "feel" down you praise God and pray to Him and for people.

Watch, as you keep your eyes on God, directing your thoughts on Him, soon your burdens will seem light or gone. :emot-hug:

Hebrews 12:2 - Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well, it never hurts to call and say: "Hey I just realized that when I said 'xxxxxxxx' it may have sounded insulting. I didn't mean to be a jerk, and I hope your feelings arent' hurt....."

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Hey Kevin,

It's threads like this one that encourage me to stay with this board. People here, for the most part, are here to help and encourage others as their needs surface. Be encouraged brother, as their suggestions come from their hearts. Ask the Lord to rebuke your doubts in His name and keep focused on Him. Cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. 1Pt 5:7

e

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/12/1969

Kevin,

Just curious. Are you a poeple pleaser? A performance based person? I ask because your situation sounds very familiar. When I went through these attacks I went to a evangilist friend and he made this very good point.... Satan is the father of lies. That meaning that everything he says is a lie. no truth is in him whatsoever. You recognize it as an attack of the enemy so every evil whisper of untruth he throws at you profess in Jesus name the opposite. That will be the truth.

If you are a people pleaser, it may be more you thinking you offended someone and that perosn may not even have given it another thought. The remedy has already been posted. Go to that person and ask if you offended and ask them to forgive you and then Move On. Of course the enemy doesn't want you to have church friends, that threatens him. By going to that person you have put a stop where his lie could take hold.

I am praying for you and I know everything will work out in Jesus Will.

Kelly