CoachPurse

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

If a person commits suicide- do they go to hell, even if they believe in God and have accepted Jesus? What does the bible say?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/12/1969

I can only give you my opinion. The Bible says "Thou shalt not murder". I consider suicide murder. I have been to the bottom and thought that killing myself would be the answer but I realized that I would go to hell for murder. Not only that but the Holy Spirit reminded me that He would never put more on me than I could bear. If I would have taken my own life then I would have been calling God a liar and I know as well as you do that He is the truth and the truth shall set you free.

God Bless you,

K

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/06/1987

if the person be a christian then i would debate that they would still go to heaven as they were saved. but i am sure many will disagree

Edited by >> Hannah <<

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10

to me personally if that person was saved ,then say no more ,jesus will have his arms wide open.

Because in jesus we are set free.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

if the person be a christian then i would debate that they would still go to heaven as they were saved. but i am sure many will disagree

Hello Hannah,

I like your name and well I am one of those who disagree with your opinion. First because murder is a sin and I'm sure every Christian would accept it as being a sin as willsmon said in her post "Thou shalt not murder" so this is a commandment and law of God that carries penalties or has consequences if you break it.

We are told in 1 John that when we sin we have an advocate (lawyer) with the Father and if we are faithful to confess our sins then He is faithful and just to forgive us our tresspasses (sins).

Well the advocate is Jesus Christ who interceeds between us and the Father as Jesus shed his blood on the cross so that we can obtain his mercy in times of need. And if we will faithfully come to God and confess our faults and failures which are our transgressions against the commands and laws of God. Then if we will do that it tell us that God will be faithful and just to forgive us of our tresspasses. Because of the blood of his only begotten son that was shed for the atonement of those sins.

Now since that is the prescribe course for our sins, faults, failures, tresspasses, wickedness or whatever you want to call our wrong doings against the will of God we have to abide by that prescribed course if we want to be forgiven when we mess up and blow it.

Now if a person kills themselves they are gone there is no time left for them to be faithful and go to God and repent of their sin of murder for it is over for good in that persons life when they die.

One might say well I'll repent before I kill myself then I'll be forgiven and alright with God and everything will be all better for me. But that is only a lie the devil holds out for them to embrace because if they truly repented then they wouldn't willfully and knowing break the commandment of God that is not true repentance it's a Lie.

God Bless Hannah

Openly Curious

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

to me personally if that person was saved ,then say no more ,jesus will have his arms wide open.

Because in jesus we are set free.

Hello babyspice,

I sure am glad I'm not on the verge of suicide myself for you have just counseled me to go ahead with it as I will fall right into the arms of Jesus if I do. WOW WEE What about a little help from you to get me set free now while I'm alive and kicking on this earth. Bad counsel all the way around

God bless

Openly Curious

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10

sorry but I think you misunderstood the contents.

but glad i am not killing my self, because from what I read of your comments and your views,

I wud go to hell. whether im saved or not.

Edited by babyspice

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

If a person commits suicide- do they go to hell, even if they believe in God and have accepted Jesus? What does the bible say?

The Word of God says ....

John 10

"10": The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Romans 8

"35": Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

"36": As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

"37": Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

"38": For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

"39": Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Have you ever considered suicide?

I have. The one thing I know is that Jesus came for us to have life, and that more abundantly. He even prayed the Father wouldn't take the disciples out of the world but that He would cause them to live above the evil in the world.

Would a child of God go to hell if they committed suicide? Wouldn't committing suicide be "tempting God" in the issue?

What did Jesus say when the devil tempted Him to commit suicide?

Luke 4

"9": And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:

"10": For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:

"11": And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

"12": And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

And truly "no murderer" hath eternal life abiding in him.

I. John 3

"15": Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Why even consider the question is what I would like you to consider.

Peace.

Guest LadyC

what does scripture say? scripture is silent regarding suicide, but is not silent at all regarding murder. is suicide really murder though, or is it an act of desparation to someone who has given up? certainly it is a sin... but, what does God say about sin? scripture says that the ONLY sin which will not be forgiven is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit... i.e. giving credit to satan for the work done by the Holy Spirit. so no, i don't believe that those who commit suicide will be barred from heaven's gate.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

I just bothers me that people are not secure in their faith. Why would God send somebody to Hell, that has received Jesus as Lord and Savior?

Does it say anywhere in the Bible that we are "saved" as long as we don't do this sin or that sin? If that is true then what sins does God permit? Are there sins that God won't save us from? Which ones? Jesus died to save us from all sins even murder and suicide.

I do like what Will's Mom said though. (God won't give us more than we can handle.) Suicide is evil in God's eyes because it is sin. Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins. Why would God send a person Born of God to Hell? It just doesn't make sense to me. All sin is sin.