Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

That is tough... young kids are so impressionable... I've found from personal experience though when I was growing up that parents are the ones who impress the kids the most...

Xan, make it ABSOLUTELY clear what you think of her being concerned in such ways so young, what you think of clothes like that, and what you think of the people who wear them. If she's old enough to be concerned and fascinated by those things, she's probably old enough to get a healthy dose of reality from you. However, she is still only five, there is probably some call for discretion in some areas, but be blunt. The world this day is sucking our kids in... it may mean we have to hit them harder with the truth than the world is tempting them with evil.

I am being blunt with her.  I also let her know how beautiful, smart, and how much fun she is.  And people who see girls who dress like that do not think of their brains or personality.  I stress the importance with her that as beautiful as she is, it is more important for others to see her for the smart, funny kid that she is and not for what she looks like.  She seems to understand, but it gets difficult when her 74yo great-grandma thinks she looks cute in skimpy outfits.  I know someone is going to suggest I say something to great-grandma.  Believe me, I have! ???

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

Well said, Jipsah! And this applies to ALL fictional magic and fantasy. We should all be much much more concerned about our unsaved neighbors and friends and family... :angel:

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

If we are ignorant enough to let our children read the HP books or watch the HP movie, then we are not doing our Christian duty of protecting and informing our children. Harry Potter is teaching our kids that witchcraft is OK and also teaching them that a mark (the lightning bolt) on the forehead is a cool thing. I've seen them interview kids on the news about this movie. Many of the kids would have the mark drawn or painted on their foreheads. Need I say more ?? :angel:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Biscuit~Hey~I agree with you...

I believe the Lord is the same Yesterday, Today and Forever...

Deut 18:9-13

9When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. 13You must be blameless before the LORD your God.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

My sons grandmother read every single HP book....and is waiting on the new one to read to him....he went and seen the movie at the theater....he really enjoyed himself....I allowed him to hear the story and to see the movie...while at the same time making sure that he knew it was make believe and that people who practiced that were absolutely not right...he has some figurines on his windowsill....he has a couple of cards....we have the HP dvd...and guess what?...he has truly watched it once...he has never watched again all the way through...my point, if you converse with your child and help them to understand what they are watching...you will be ok...my child did not become obsessed...he does not play at being HP...how a child reacts to movie, book, tv is totally upon the parent if you raise a stable God loving child he or she will be emotionally able to watch (within reason of course) movies that are for entertainment only...I'm not saying deluge your child with whatever pops up on the screen...always be diligent...blessings to all....

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

If you are not familiar with evil spirits, let me explain something to you.. whenever you open a DOOR for the enemy (Harrry Potter-which is witchcraft, sorcery which is strictly forbidden by the BIBLE), either for you OR your children, the enemy has a right to go right on through it. (Evil will enter your children's minds, heart, spirit..)....These evil spirits can lie dormant for a time. The enemy will convince you that it is HARMLESS the enemy will tell you that it's great because your children are reading!!! Great their getting good grades, but you ARE SACRIFICING THEIR SOULS!!!!!

I will never allow my children to read the Harry Potter books or see the movies. I will not be responsible for exposing my children to witchraft and possible demonic possession..

Anyone who reads this, you are warned!! So, laugh if you want, listen to the enemy's voice, and when you find your children are casting spells on you and their friends, and entertaining evil spirits, it may be difficult to find someone to 1st, beleive you and 2nd to help you.....

I pray that you will choose to listen to THE HEAVENLY FATHER and his WORD, and keep yourself and your children away from WITCHRAFT and evil spirits...

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

correct me if I am wrong....but didn't Jesus give us the power to get rid of any evil that may enter our home....don't we have authority over evil....so that evil cannot corrupt us...I have some hard thinking and praying to do after reading the reply to my post....for that I honestly thank you....and afterwards my sons HP dvd may be going in the trash...again thank you....and many blessings to you and yours....

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Yes, we have authority over evil spirits. When they are trying to harm us. Not when we voluntarily open our homes up to them!

This is the way I see it, I have thrown away many toys, many movies, many books that I later learned were the 'satan's toys".. I would much rather lose 100.00 (pluck out my eye) then get to heaven and THE FATHER ask me, was it worth 100.00 to sacrifice your children's souls??

The WORD says it is better to enter heaven without an eye or a hand, etc.. then with all our pieces, go to hell.

YAHWEH BLESS YOU for your obedience to HIS WORD..

YAHSHUA is COMING SOON! :angel:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I did the same when I became a believer, the Lord convicted me of alot of music and books we had in the house and horoscope stuff and it all went with the garbage......

Praise God! Angels