IGNORED

do you eat pork?

thechild

Guest jckduboise

Jesus asked why do you clean the outside of the cup yet leave the inside with filth? He stated, it is not what goes into your mouth that is unclean but what comes out.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hmmmm well I did like Pork! until about 10 seconds ago! well i guess there would be alot of foods we wouldnt eat if only we knew more!! Ah well good excuse to have my favorite! Roast Lamb coming up!! Mmmmmm

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Acts 11 was actually a dream example that God gave concerning people not animals.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I think the question here is that we CAN eat anything but "should" we.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

The child,

I don't know where you stand with the Lord are you His child and looking to do His will?

Did you make Jesus your personal Savior? What does He mean to you?

Jesus called the crowd to him and said,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Jesus asked why do you clean the outside of the cup yet leave the inside with filth? He stated, it is not what goes into your mouth that is unclean but what comes out.

havent you heard? garbage in/garbage out!

Hmmmm well I did like Pork! until about 10 seconds ago! well i guess there would be alot of foods we wouldnt eat if only we knew more!! Ah well good excuse to have my favorite! Roast Lamb coming up!! Mmmmmm

a good friend of mune spent last summer working for his father-in-law hauling pigs to market and slaughter. he said it took seconds to realize that they were not food. no way, he said. and this is a guy who is 6 foot 6 inches and every bit of 300 pounds. he is not shy of food.

love lamb, the rarer the better.

The Child, Thank you for posting this article. I don't know that it will keep me from eating all pork (I agree with Marnie on bacon, can't imagine breakfast without it) but it likely has some truth to it. Where I disagree is concerning the idea of why God deemed pork unclean. It has nothing to do with health reasons, but was just a sign to the Jews. It was one of several ordinances in the law that showed Israel's separation from the unclean gentile nations. My view is that anyone that wishes to abstain from unhealthy foods are doing good. It will save you medical bills. At the same time, if you wish to eat pork, shell fish, or anything else that was once ceremonially unclean for the Jews, there is no sin in it. While I don't eat a lot of pork compared to other foods, I do like scallops, deviled crab, shrimp, lobster and crab legs. Even though from a Biblical standpoint I take exception to the claims made in the article about the religious significance of abstaining from pork, I have no problem with it pointing out health risks. I will take that under advisement.

hello, old man!

sorry, but the designation for clean and unclean was used to load noahs boat, long before the israelites came along. in fact, i think it was before animals were eaten all that much. leastwise their longevity showed they didnt eat meat. it was the jews that came up witht he bright idea of trying to drain all the blood out of an animal to make it kosher to eat. when i eat a steak, brother it better bleed! but i tell you true, i am moving away from it and the day is coming i just probably wont ever again. i have learned to never say never, but mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and every other ly you can think of that matters, it aint right. it ant good. and above all, it aint even necessary.

you know, i was giving some thought today about what kind of response i would get from this and i started thinking about those who would pull out their "i can eat anything i darn well please cause jesus said i could" lisence and i just had to chuckle. what is so darn sacred about eating pork? why is having a right eat an oyster such a big thing? think about the first guy to ever try one!!!! that was one desperate dude.

but seriously, here you are, a little creature in a big world with an even bigger god. do you like him? do you love him? would you like to give him a gift? you probably know what its like to try and buy a gift for a rich person, the person who has everything. how do you buy for god? what can he possibly need or want that you have that he doesnt already have? the law of moses had free will offerings instituted. these were a means of giving god something because you wanted to, not because you needed to because you broke the law somehow. just because you dont have to eat kosher doesnt mean you cant. it doesnt mean you shouldnt. it just means you dont have to. but what if you did. would it honor god? well let me tell you, you would honor yourself because you would be healthier. just like the guy who went into the lions cage recently, god will let you.

The child,

I don't know where you stand with the Lord are you His child and looking to do His will?

Did you make Jesus your personal Savior? What does He mean to you?

Jesus called the crowd to him and said,

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I like bacon.

I like pork roast.

I like sausage made from and with pork.

I love the Lord Jesus.

My love of pork and my love of the Lord Jesus are mutually exclusive. One does not depend upon the other.

Praise Him!