• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

:) eenie meenie mini mo...umm this one is my favorite I think..there are so many

2 Corinthians 4:7-15

7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of power may be of God and

not of us. 8 We are hard presses on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in

despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed- 10always carrying

about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in

our body. 11 For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus' sake, that the life of

Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. 12 So then death is working in us, but life in

you.

13 And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, "I believed and

therefore I spoke," we also believe and therefore speak, 14 knowing that He who raised up

the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you. 15 for all things are

for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to

abound to the glory of God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/02/1949

1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/06/1951

My husband and I lost 12 immediate family members within a 8 yr span (2 children,3 parents, 3 siblings, 1 uncle, 1aunt,1 nephew and 1 cousin).

The scriptures that the Lord gave me were many of those already shared. ! But what ministered to me the most and what I have shared with others during a time of loss are the words that Jesus spoke to his desciples in preporation for His death in John chapter 16 and starting in 16 : "A little while and you will no longer see me, and again a little while and you will see me.." A little while......'a thousand years is but as a day to the Lord' (2Pet. 3:8) It will be a "little while" and we will see our loved ones again!. Then verse 20 "Very truly, I tell you, you will weep and mourn, but the world will rejoice, you will have pain but your pain will be turned to joy.." When we are in the middle of grief ...life continues....the world doesn't realize that our world has stopped!! but our pain will be turned to joy in that moment of reuniting!!!....I believe that our joy will be to the very degree the opposite of our pain!...I think of Jesus resurrecting the little girl and her parents reaction (some translations say 'they were beside themselves'....no real word to convey that feeling! Then verse 22 He says: "So you have pain now, but I will see you again and your hearts will rejoice and no one will take your joy from you." That enemy death will be no more!! (1Cor.15:26) PRAISE GOD !! Revelation says that "every tear will be wiped away, there will be no more death, mourning, outcry or pain, the former things will pass away "

Verse 32 of John 16 goes on to say (in the later part of the verse) "you will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me". The 23rd psalm... "I shall fear no evil for thou art with me".......Even though we all have to walk that valley we don't do it alone!

Then Jesus finishes in 33 "I have said this to you, so you may have peace" And that's is what these precious words have given so many times!

Thank You Lord!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

That was a beautiful expression of faith ... :thumbsup:

glad you shared it....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Dear All,

There are many types of grief. Although presently not dealing with the grief of death and that separation I am dealing with the deep pain and grief of hatred in the immediate family causing separation. When Treasured said that she thought we would have joy in direct relation to our pain I was much comforted. Surely in all things God is working to our good. This life is really almost unbearable at times and yet He strengthens and relieves. And I think of us sharing in His sufferings. That is really a truth. And makes life worthwhile during these heavily troubled times.

Rober H, I believe God led you to begin this forum for people such as me and certainly for me. This is a time of sadness and grief and tears and pain for me right now. It is a dark time. But God in his Comfort continues close and such scriptures and loving testimonies are true builders in the faith. I have lived long enough to know that God always continues faithful and this too will pass. The scriptures and testimonies help so much........

Dear All,

There are many types of grief. Although presently not dealing with the grief of death and that separation I am dealing with the deep pain and grief of hatred in the immediate family causing separation. When Treasured said that she thought we would have joy in direct relation to our pain I was much comforted. Surely in all things God is working to our good. This life is really almost unbearable at times and yet He strengthens and relieves. And I think of us sharing in His sufferings. That is really a truth. And makes life worthwhile during these heavily troubled times.

Rober H, I believe God led you to begin this forum for people such as me and certainly for me. This is a time of sadness and grief and tears and pain for me right now. It is a dark time. But God in his Comfort continues close and such scriptures and loving testimonies are true builders in the faith. I have lived long enough to know that God always continues faithful and this too will pass. The scriptures and testimonies help so much........

Praise God! This makes my day. :emot-hug:

Charles Haddon Spurgeon

The Lord Our Companion

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)

Sweet are these words in describing a deathbed assurance. How many have repeated them in their last hours with intense delight!

But the verse is equally applicable to agonies of spirit in the midst of life. Some of us, like Paul, die daily through a tendency to gloom of soul. Bunyan puts the Valley of the Shadow of Death far earlier in the pilgrimage than the river which rolls at the foot of the celestial hills. We have some of us traversed the dark and dreadful defile of "the shadow of death" several times, and we can bear witness that the Lord alone enabled us to bear up amid its wild thought, its mysterious horrors, its terrible depressions. The Lord has sustained us and kept us above all real fear of evil, even when our spirit has been overwhelmed. We have been pressed and oppressed, but yet we have lived, for we have felt the presence of the Great Shepherd and have been confident that His crook would prevent the foe from giving us any deadly wound.

Should the present time be one darkened by the raven wings of a great sorrow, let us glorify God by a peaceful trust in Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

bumping this thread for baccalynnwv :24:

1 John 5:13-15 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Knowing that we have eternal life and that God hears me us is a great comfort. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  11/25/1965

I really do love Romans 8, God has really spoken to me in this chapter.

I love Psalm 139 and Psalm 25, personal favourites which I have memorized.

It is so amazing how we have scripture that touches the heart and soul, I am thankful God touches us through His precious word.

Shazza