• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Is it possible that anti- christ may be existing right now , that he may be preparing to make his grand entrance as the world's stages get set. I would like to hear others opinion on this

satan always had to have someone ready to assume the anti-christ position.

Interesting. I didn't think i would enter my two cents on this post, i would just read it. But I find your theory very original - that Satan always has someone ready. It absolutely makes sense that he wouldn't know the exact time so would have to be ready at all times. This sheds much light on why there have been so many anti-christ like figures in history. maybe it also helps us to hone our skills in uncovering him. no wonder there is so much conflict in the world - he keeps getting this guy all fired up and ready to go and then nothin'!! Way to give some light!! Thank you.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

I think people have got a wrong idea about the anti-christ. They expect a political dictator, somebody like Hitler or Stalin that will assume power in the world and violently persecute Christianity. That is, somebody that will persecute the Christian church from without. But I believe the Bible teaches that anti-christ is to be regarded rather as somebody who will persecute the Christian church from within! In 2 Thes 2:3, the anti-christ is called "son or perdition", and it is said that he (verse 4) "takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God". This clearly excludes, in my opinion, any sort of political figure playing this role. Apart from referring to the anti-christ, the expression "son of perdition" is also used in the Bible to refer to Judas Iscariot, who sat at the same table with Jesus and finally betrayed Him. That is why, in my opinion, when we talk about the anti-christ, we have got to look for a religious figure, somebody that sits at the very table with Jesus, and that will be used by Satan to lead the final blow against the Christian faith, in an attempt to bring the whole world in subjection to the prince of darkness.

Actually, the anti-christ has already come, and this has happened centuries ago, only the world doesn't notice it! I believe the anti-christ to be the Pope of Rome, which took the place of the Roman emperor, as the agent of persecution against the Christian Church. Only the direction of this persecution has changed: instead of being persecuted from without, the church has been persecuted from within, by means of people that pretended to represent Christ, but worked the will of Satan.

I think that we need to understand clearly the nature and the truth about anti-christ, the way the Bible speaks about it, in order to be prepared to stand firm in the final confrontation, that will close the history of this earth very soon. Although the Bible prophecies clearly forewarn us about the rise of the Papacy, those clear warnings are much neglected today. Prophecies are mis-interpreted such that people will not understand the underlying message, and this out of political reasons. The same sort of political reasons that lead to the condemnation of Jesus will lead the world to unite with the papacy and put to death the saints of the Most High, hoping to achieve lasting peace and security on the earth. But this will only bring the wrath of God upon the whole world, just as it brought it on the nation of ancient Israel. The Apocaliptic events will then be unleashed, culminating to the utter destruction of the entire world, and the salvation of the faithful. And I personnally think we might only be a few years away from these events!

I think this maybe misleading too....if you read in the Book of Daniel the Beast and The False Prophet in the last days are two different people. The Beast is a world leader that persecutes the church and boldly blasphemes God and persecutes his people and even other religions. The False Prophet, on the other-hand is a religious leader that misleads many Christians away from God in the last days with his teaching and doing things that wows people in to following him into deserting the true teachings of God. There are also distinctions in Revelation of the two. Most people like to combine them as one but they are different people but with the same evil purpose both with different plans of achieving it. One is out to persecute and one is out to misled. One is doing it from the outside and one is doing it from the inside.

Read this scripture to see what I am talking about:

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet who did the signs before him, by which they were turned from the true way who had the mark of the beast, and who gave worship to his image: these two were put living into the sea of ever-burning fire.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Personally I think the anit-christ is talked about in Daniel 7 as being the little horn. I also believe that the little horn is the papacy. I don't want to offend anyone. I don't think the little horn is the entire Catholic church but I do believe it is the papacy. http://www.teachinghearts.org/dre17hdan08b.html. Go to that website for more reasons why I believe that. It should answer any questions that you have about it... whether or not you choose to believe it is up to you.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

My guess for the Anti-Christ would have to be Tiger Woods. He's so good it's supernatural..... :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

I didn't say that it was going to be SOMEONE coming out of the Catholic faith, meant that the Catholic faith ALL TOGETHER is the false system of teaching, I am not bashing either.

Really! Those are some pretty harsh words for them to not be bashing.

I can prove every single prophecy dealing with Antichrist is the Roman Catholic Church is the Antichrist power/nation that teaches these false teachings. If anyone has any questions about any prophecy dealing with Antichrist, I will prove to you that this Catholic church is the Antichrist.

:thumbsup:

This should make for interesting discussion.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/08/1950

you won't know who he is. you'll be gone in the rapture!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I'm pretty sure the Antichrist is Barney the Purple dinosaur...I mean, he's got all these kids and parents deceived into thinking he's the greatest, but deep down, I just find there's something creepy about him :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I'm pretty sure the Antichrist is Barney the Purple dinosaur...I mean, he's got all these kids and parents deceived into thinking he's the greatest, but deep down, I just find there's something creepy about him :cool:

YES! Barney! It's so obvious now.... :thumbsup:

Do you think Barney knows what we are thinking?

....wait.....what's that sound outside?....sounds like singing....

"I love you, you love me..."

HELP ME!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

:cool:

Edited by kari19

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Is it possible that anti- christ may be existing right now , that he may be preparing to make his grand entrance as the world's stages get set. I would like to hear others opinion on this

cjjc, arvy 'ere.

As one noted here on this messi-board. There is the "Antichrist" and then there is another "anti-christ." Somewhat confusin' aint it. Know why? 'Cause one is referrence to a well described and well perceived "Antichrist" direct from the scripture. The other use of the word is one of a theological and doctrinal development: a word used APART FROM THE FIRST INTENDED MEANING given by John.

2 John 2:18; 21-23, defines the biblical Antichrist as one who denies that Jesus is the Christ. This is more than a suggestion of one who stands in a doctrinal opposition to the person of Jesus. These "many Antichrists" are of the mind that The Messiah has not yet come "in the flesh," in the person of Jesus. these would accept the physical, "historical" Jesus while denying Him to be the Messiah of the prophets, "The Word Made Flesh."

This is the "spirit of antichrist" as well defined from the words of John. 2 John 4:1-6.

As per the second use. More often used in reference to the "little horn" of Daniel chapters 7 and 8 and applied to "that Man of sin," "the son of perdition" mentioned in 2 Thess. 21-8-11. This term is both secular and non-biblical in its general usage. This "little horn" figure from Daniel, is described to "magnify itself against ... the Prince of the Host (The Messiah)" to stead of Christ, between God and man, as intecessor in the very authority of God, as he works to "scatters the power of God people." It is not His attempt to deny who Messiah (Christ) is but rather to use and abuse the doctrines of Christ for unity of authority and for collective gain the world over.

When will this unifying power begin its prophetic function in opposition to the "name of" the Messiah. First Rome had to arise on the world seen after the fall of the Grrecian Empire. then Rome should have become divided as the "little horn" was in its prophetic rise to its poltical and religious activities toward its projected "times" of power over God's people to "scatter them." Then near the close of the Roman Empirical era, "the little horn" was decribed to "pluck up three of the ten horns" to set itself in the power prophecied of it.

Historians are in agreement that the fall of the Roman Empire was about the year 476 AD. and our History of Western Civilization, with the rise of the primacy of the Roman bishops over nominal Christendom, in the name of catholicty: the term catholic then meaning the church universal.

When will this era of prophecy relative to "the little horn" come to a close? When "the Prince of Princes" shall Come the Second time to break the little horn "without hand." Dan. 8:9-14 and 23-25.

As per the time relatioinships spoken of by Daniel. It is my perception that Paul KNEW that the stated "times" relative to the chronological order for events to transpire as history toward the close of all history.

Therefore, in his time, none could have any knowledge to understand and to begin the counting of foretold "times."

However; today, I believe WE ARE living in the Latter end of Daniel's prophecy, and era of a more present truth of Christ Second Advent and the end time of the little horn. I can not believe that either Antiochus Ephipanes was an answer to the little horn of Dan. 8 Neither can I accept that present day view that concludes the stated number of times/"days" Dan. 8:9-14 in the year 1844.

I have been open over the years to consider the Bible facts as compared to the several theological and eschatalogical interpretations placed upon them. I have learned that quite often that certain views proclaimed as "biblical" may not have a sound biblical base for reasonable acceptance. Thus is the "biblical" counsel to us all, "Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that need not to be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING the word of truth."

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

you won't know who he is. you'll be gone in the rapture!

But what if you are not?

What then... if the unthinkable, unprepared for, happens... ? :whistling:

There is a debate in Christianity as to when the rapture will happen. Some say before the tribulation period, some say in the middle of it, some say at the end of it.

Based on what I know of the scriptures I would say the rapture is at the end of the tribulation period, shortly before armageddon.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Matthew 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

You see where it says, "immediately after thetribulation of those days".

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

You see where it says, "at the last trump".

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.