Snow4JC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

In the Greek and the entire Bible, a wife is never admonished to obey her husband but rather to submit though slaves were admonished to obey thier masters.

Ephesians 5:22 and Colossians 3:18 speaking of wives submitting to husbands, 1 Peter 2:13 speaking of Christians submitting to the laws of man, and James 4:7 speaking of sinning Christians submitting to God all use the following word:

hupotasso: to subordinate; refl. to obey:--- be under obedience (obedient), put under, subdue unto, be in subjection, submit self unto.

"In fact, the use of that word in verse 21("be subject to one another") clearly demonstrates that it does not mean obedient, for it would be impossible for a group to follow each other." What Paul Really Said About Women, John Temple Bristow, p.38

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

In the Greek and the entire Bible, a wife is never admonished to obey her husband but rather to submit though slaves were admonished to obey thier masters.

Ephesians 5:22 and Colossians 3:18 speaking of wives submitting to husbands, 1 Peter 2:13 speaking of Christians submitting to the laws of man, and James 4:7 speaking of sinning Christians submitting to God all use the following word:

hupotasso: to subordinate; refl. to obey:--- be under obedience (obedient), put under, subdue unto, be in subjection, submit self unto.

"In fact, the use of that word in verse 21("be subject to one another") clearly demonstrates that it does not mean obedient, for it would be impossible for a group to follow each other." What Paul Really Said About Women, John Temple Bristow, p.38

Amen, sister! :)

It is written that an "Overseer", a "Deacon" or an "Elder", must be the Husband of one Wife. How can a woman be the husband of one wife...????? :):noidea:

Am I to understand that there are women who disrespect the teachings of Paul as Truth...??

Regards,

Ben.

Do you mean like the woman Phoebe, a deacon?

Amen, sister! :noidea:

:)

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

...but her obedience to him doesn't hinge on his obedience to the Lord. That's why I say we should each focus on our own roles and our own responsibility to obey...instead of trying to use someone else's disobedience (or potential for it) as an excuse for our own disobedience.

1. Could you provide proof for this statement (in bold)?

2. Do you read, speak and write Koine Greek? Or are you referring to a lexicon or concordance?

3. What is your interpretation of 1 Peter 3:1?

4. What is your definition of "subjection" and/or "submit"? And where did you get your definition?

5. How does obedience differ from subjection (if it does)?

http://www.christian-thinktank.com/not2obey.html

did/does God order wives to

...but her obedience to him doesn't hinge on his obedience to the Lord. That's why I say we should each focus on our own roles and our own responsibility to obey...instead of trying to use someone else's disobedience (or potential for it) as an excuse for our own disobedience.

1. Could you provide proof for this statement (in bold)?

2. Do you read, speak and write Koine Greek? Or are you referring to a lexicon or concordance?

3. What is your interpretation of 1 Peter 3:1?

4. What is your definition of "subjection" and/or "submit"? And where did you get your definition?

5. How does obedience differ from subjection (if it does)?

http://www.christian-thinktank.com/not2obey.html

did/does God order wives to

this place is not the Church

The christian church is absolutely not a 'place' but rather the body of believers.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

The christian church is absolutely not a 'place' but rather the body of believers.

Yes I am aware of that, please don't start with the sarcasam. But we do not come together as a "body" of believers here at Worthy. This is a place to come together to chat, debate, learn, lecture and by so many of the post you read, evidently to insult other people who don't agree with everything we say. As for your article you can find just as many knowledgeable and learned writers disagreeing with what yours says.

Yes I am aware of that, please don't start with the sarcasam. But we do not come together as a "body" of believers here at Worthy. This is a place to come together to chat, debate, learn, lecture and by so many of the post you read, evidently to insult other people who don't agree with everything we say. As for your article you can find just as many knowledgeable and learned writers disagreeing with what yours says.

Sarcasam? I was agreeing with you.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Yes I am aware of that, please don't start with the sarcasm. But we do not come together as a "body" of believers here at Worthy. This is a place to come together to chat, debate, learn, lecture and by so many of the post you read, evidently to insult other people who don't agree with everything we say. As for your article you can find just as many knowledgeable and learned writers disagreeing with what yours says.

Sarcasm? I was agreeing with you.

Oops..............my bad! Will you accept my apology, I'm afraid I took your response differently than you intended. Bad day, and seem to be bringing it with me to Worthy! I am very sorry! :thumbsup: