The Journey

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Read this article on this link and then remark if so inclined.

http://www.av1611.org/tattoos/intro.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

CWJ

That was a good article....I never gave too much thought to  a tattoo...I don't have one...but not because I was a christian way back when I was young...more like a terrible fear of needles :thumb:  Praise God I had that fear then cuz I know I would regret having one now....I know people that have gotten their tattoo removed...I guess it hurts more than actually getting one! :t2:

Anyway it was interesting to read that...

Love and Blessing

Angel H.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT....TATTOOS?

LITTLE FOXES

(Little compromises that cause big problems)

Song of Solomon 2:15 says, "Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes." Foxes sometime in search of food would enter into the grape orchards and devour the grapes and spoil the crop. However, the little foxes were too small to reach the grape bunches so they would chew on the vines and it would kill the whole vine. Instead of the farmer just losing his crop, he would lose his vine which was more disastrous. Spiritually some things we do or allow that we might think is little or insignificant can also be disastrous for us.

Are Tattoos Evil?

One of these "little foxes" we see today is parents allowing their children to mark or tattoo their bodies. Any Christian can look at someone who has tattoos all over them and be repulsed by it and know by discernment that it is not God but the same Christians may get a small tattoo themselves or allow their children to have one without thinking anything about it. Toy makers today even sell washable ink transfer kits so children can mark their bodies with designs.

This may seem like a harmless game but this is the enemy preparing our children early to receive real tattoos later on. The Bible warns us against tattoos in Leviticus 19:28 which says, "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord."

Other scriptures warn us also not to disfigure our bodies in 1 Kings 18:28: "And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them."

and Deuteronomy 14:1(Amp.): "Ye are the sons of the LORD your God; you shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead."

When it speaks here about doing this in relation to the dead; this was a witchcraft rite done to mourn or remember their dead, so tattooing, cutting one's body and shaving one's head in defiance, have their origin in witchcraft practices. Many young people today are doing these very things because of some evil witchcraft influences in their lives. Evil videos, rock music albums, Internet games and violent movies are displaying evil trends in order to destroy our youth. Satanic tattoos, skin heads and other cultic rites are opening our children to demonization.

This is what makes it spiritually dangerous for people. People not realizing this opens the door for Satanic attack because they have a mark which allows the enemy entrance in their lives. Today this practice is growing because of Eastern Religions and heathen influences infiltrating our nation which promotes this. Some people are so hideously covered with tattoos that their appearances look evil. Others, only have small tattoos that they believe are trendy or artistic. Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit and we are admonished not to defile them. Tattoos on one's body is like graffiti on a wall.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20: "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

Some young people are having them done in defiance and rebellion to their parent's wishes because they want to be like their friends. This is displeasing to God as the Lord tells children to honor and obey their parents.

Colossians 3:20: "Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord."

Having tattoos on our bodies does not glorify God. Some Christians argue that they have the name Jesus or some Biblical word or sign tattooed on their body so they can witness by the tattoo. However, if the Bible tells us not to do it, then that is not the way He would have us witness. Besides, the Lord would rather us witness to others by the character of Christ being demonstrated in our lives than display Christian slogans that many times are not matched by the life of Christ.

Years ago our young boys in the military had to go to foreign lands to get a tattoo, now tattoo parlors are everywhere because our nation here in the U.S.A. has opened its doors to heathen practices and religions. One of the latest discoveries of another way AIDS is being transmitted is through dirty tattoo needles.

If you, through ignorance, have received a tattoo or allowed your children to have one, you should pray against any evil that may have come through the door of that tattoo. Some people receive tattoos before they are "born again" and after they are touched by the Lord, they wish they had never had it done. The Lord loves you, so do not come under any condemnation, just pray over them and ask the Lord to remove any spiritual influences denoted by the tattoo and He will do it. The Lord looks on our hearts and motives and judges us by those, not our outward appearance. However, if the tattoo bothers you and you cannot cover it, you can have it removed by laser surgery.

Some tattoos are obviously Satanic as they look devilish, while others may be flowers or innocent looking names or objects but it is the spirit behind this "little fox" that makes it dangerous for a Christian. Hosea 4:6 says "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." Bottom line would be to ask the popular youth slogan, "What Would Jesus Do?" I don't believe we will ever see Jesus with a tattoo. The only scars on His body are the ones put there by evil men that crucified Him. They were not self inflicted. Overcomers will put away the "little foxes" that lead to bigger compromises.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Bottom line would be to ask the popular youth slogan, "What Would Jesus Do?" I don't believe we will ever see Jesus with a tattoo.

Angel,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Steve,

I happen to think different then you do and I'm glad we all can have an opinion.

you wrote that you think that Jesus would go to a rock concert ,He might go there to seek the lost but not to bang His head.

Do you think He might use pot too?

God Bless,Angels :t2:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

CWJ :t2:

Thanks for the links and a good read. I have for some time had uncomfortable feelings when dealing with tattooed people in my heart it just seemed wrong. Now I know my feelings where right, God bless you for bringing this to us  :thumb:

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Hi, Steve...good to see you posting again.

I do think Jesus would go to a rock concert or a bar or any place for that matter. When Jesus visited the home of the Tax Collector, people were appalled.

Still, He didn't allow public opinion or political correctness stop Him from His holy mission. He came to save the sinners and not the righteous.

Angel makes the point that He would come to seek the lost; well, that's probably what He'd do, knowing the Lord.

I think the best way to know what He'd do is to ask, "What would the Father do?" Jesus said that he was not there for His own purposes but that He only did what His Father told Him to do.

I figure what Jesus would do would always be devoid of "self". Jesus' whole earthly ministry was devoid of self. He concentrated entirely on others and in particular, His Father's will.

If we use that as a model, that might give us a good idea what the Lord would have us do.

He continually emptied Himself of His own wants and desires and His focus was selflessness and total obedience to His Father.

Oh, how I'd love to be like that!

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  438
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

Okay, I admit I haven't yet read the article.  I also admit that I have a small tattoo.  I believe the Bible is accurate, yet the same people against tattoos that use the Leviticus verse to show proof against it, are the same ones that often overlook the preceding verse that speaks against cutting sideburns or shaving their beards.

I must withhold my conclusion until I do more study on the matter, but I figured I would at least show the relation with beard shaving and tattoo wearing.

May God guide me in my search, and may He bless each of you with much wisdom.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Hi Steve,

I happen to think different then you do and I'm glad we all can have an opinion.

you wrote that you think that Jesus would go to a rock concert ,He might go there to seek the lost but not to bang His head.

Do you think He might use pot too?

God Bless,Angels :t2:

Greetings dear Cat.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455

They enjoyed the effects of alcohol?

As in they got drunk?(do you percieve this as sin from scriptures?)

So...Jesus put temptation before the crowd at the wedding?

God is not a tempter of man.

I think all need to look into the alcohol issue with respect to some serious study.

Concerning tattoos....I really don'T condemn anyone for having one at all. But just want to examine God's attitude towards such.  Shouldn't every saint want to know?

IT IS WRITTEN......