Annette443pink

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I've noticed that in some Christian circles that we are very superficial. That we are afraid to open up and share what we are really struggling with both spiritually and otherwise. Anyone got any ideas why? Sometimes it can be people being afraid of being judged. Often it is pride. The lost expect us to be perfect, it seems. We often think that fellow saints expect us to be perfect as well. Maybe if just one person would show what is truly in their heart maybe others would join in. What do you think?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It seems to me that it is usually just a matter of trust. Trusting someone with the very things that have the possibility of hurting us the most, or the things that we are most vulnerable about. With most of the people I know it is either pride or trust or both.

Sam

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I've noticed that in some Christian circles that we are very superficial. That we are afraid to open up and share what we are really struggling with both spiritually and otherwise. Anyone got any ideas why? Sometimes it can be people being afraid of being judged. Often it is pride. The lost expect us to be perfect, it seems. We often think that fellow saints expect us to be perfect as well. Maybe if just one person would show what is truly in their heart maybe others would join in. What do you think?

i thinks it easier to be superficial b/cc you dont have to deal w/ the tough stuff...right away that is! b/c you WILL deal w/ it at some point. possibly another issue may be we dont want to come across as 'not having it all together.' we dont want to somehow appear less spiritual or weak. sadly the church doesnt have room for these 'less spiritual' individuals. having said that, i do believe all your points fit as well. its a collage of contributing factors. none more sad than the bodies exclusion.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Ever heard the saying:

"Christians often shoot their own wounded"?

Personally I think this is why Christians can seem superficial.

They have been hurt by their own "family" too many times...and that causes shut down.

I have seen people reach out for help and be hit over the head with the bible.

We can support one another with the TRUTH of God's word.

It's all in the manner in which we serve it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

Its hard for a person to admit to what we do wrong. Its very hard. I think that we sometimes feel if we really told someone what we are struggling with we would be looked down apon or thought of as non christain.

God does make us ashamed of our Sins, and we get so ashamed sometimes we do not even want to talk about it.

Its a good idea to share however, and to find peace with God about it. Ask forgivness, and let others know how they can avoid, or find a way out of thier problems. God can take them away.

i thinks it easier to be superficial b/cc you dont have to deal w/ the tough stuff...right away that is! b/c you WILL deal w/ it at some point. possibly another issue may be we dont want to come across as 'not having it all together.' we dont want to somehow appear less spiritual or weak. sadly the church doesnt have room for these 'less spiritual' individuals. having said that, i do believe all your points fit as well. its a collage of contributing factors. none more sad than the bodies exclusion.

That has to be one of my number one reasons for not sharing. I know what I need to do and I don't want to do it. I don't want to let someone else know because they might push me to do it. Dealing with it. That can be such an issue. The other stuff is true as well. Being afraid of being judged. I think it's good to start off with sharing with just one person you feel you can trust.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Here is an example of why I personally am a bit on the reserved side..

Just one little one...

When I first started going to a Church that became my church of choice for many years ,

I heard the Lord speak a "correction" to me....It was a little issue..vanity...

I loved that the Lord had told me I was doing something wrong because He was speaking to me...

I was so excited that God was speaking that I shared His "correction" with someone I thought was a friend and would be happy for me that God loved me enough to correct me..

The shocker was that they turned up their nose and told me..

"Well, if the Lord told me that I sure wouldn't tell anyone"..

I was so shocked that sharing what the Lord was telling me has become pretty difficult .. :emot-highfive:

Dashed my ideas of sharing my joyful corrections from the Lord or anything else pretty much...

But I did learn not to do the same thing to others who are brave enough to share with me..

At least I hope I have not done the same thing to anyone..but you never really know all the times you accidentally offend people... :emot-highfive:

But even now I do not know what is proper to share and what is not...

If I think I can help someone I am so much more of a mind to share what God has shown me....

But even that is very often not accepted...

You just never know how people are going to respond and you just do the best you can and trust God the best you can... :emot-highfive:

Here is an example of why I personally am a bit on the reserved side..

Just one little one...

When I first started going to a Church that became my church of choice for many years ,

I heard the Lord speak a "correction" to me....It was a little issue..vanity...

I loved that the Lord had told me I was doing something wrong because He was speaking to me...

I was so excited that God was speaking that I shared His "correction" with someone I thought was a friend and would be happy for me that God loved me enough to correct me..

The shocker was that they turned up their nose and told me..

"Well, if the Lord told me that I sure wouldn't tell anyone"..

I was so shocked that sharing what the Lord was telling me has become pretty difficult .. :emot-highfive:

Dashed my ideas of sharing my joyful corrections from the Lord or anything else pretty much...

But I did learn not to do the same thing to others who are brave enough to share with me..

At least I hope I have not done the same thing to anyone..but you never really know all the times you accidentally offend people... :emot-highfive:

But even now I do not know what is proper to share and what is not...

If I think I can help someone I am so much more of a mind to share what God has shown me....

But even that is very often not accepted...

You just never know how people are going to respond and you just do the best you can and trust God the best you can... :emot-highfive:

tah - that's a shame the way that person handled that. Unrelated to that person, I'd think that if you have someone share something with you, you may be able to trust them with something of yours.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/13/1962

For me it is both fear of being judged and pride. Yet I know God hates pride. I fear being looked down on and what others will think. Sometimes I am just ashamed.

We are suppose to encourage and be uplifting to others. Sing when others sing, cry when others cry, rejoice when others rejoice, mourn when others mourn. We are suppose to bear one anothers burdens. Maybe if all of us who are Christians could do this, we could lead more of the lost to Jesus.