• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/05/1969

Has anyone ever went through something like this as a christian? I call it the night season. I have been saved now for fourteen years and i don't think i have ever experienced anything like this i am having one trial after another. I read in psalms where it talks about the night seasons. Don't get me wrong i have been through some very tough things over the years but this one is different, i feel like my faith is really in a fight and i am in a constant spiritual battle.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Yes! I was in a depression for several years! But I learned about spiritual warfare, and when I couldn't pray, I called intercessors in! It was at a time of concentrated intercessory prayer and my renouncing things before God, that my release came!

I now make sure I am clothed in the whole armour of God on a daily basis. I see the enemy coming sometimes, but I am ready for him. I now know his voice, too, and that helps me take authority over it...no longer do I believe those lies as my own thoughts...they are words from the pit.

Take aim, hisgrace, and do warfare. Find intercessors! We can pray for you here! I will pray for you, that this night season will become a new dawn for you! Jesus is in the valleys of our lives, just as well as He is with us on the mountaintops! He never leaves us alone! That is what is so precious for me to know!

Blessings! :laugh:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

yes, I have gone through them. I hated them and spent alot of time fighting them. However I've learned that these seasons are there to teach us just like the the lighter seasons are. I find it telling that it is referred to as a season, winter is something alot of people don'tlike, but without it, when does the land get to rest? each of the seasons in our lives have reasons too.

IMO the best strategy is to embrace the trials, the things which are unpleasant and do so not because it's fun but because at the end of this twilight time is daybreak and growth.

Remember that God is your shield, He will give you the strength you need (maybe not much more but what you do need will be there) and remember to stay in prayer...and well...do all the stuff axe says...cause it's good advice too.

Caedmon's Call "Valley's Fill First"

This is the valley that i'm walking through

And if fells like forever since I've been close to you

My friends up above me don't understand why i struggle like i do

My shadow's my only, only companion and at night he leaves too

Down in the valley, dying of thirst

Down in the valley, it seems that i'm at my worst

My consolation is that you baptize this earth

When I'm down in the valley, valleys fill first

Down in this wasteland I miss the mountaintop view

But it's here in this valley that i'm surrounded by you

Though I'm not here by my will it's where your view is the most clear

So I'll stay in this valley if it takes 40 years

And it's like that long Saturday your death and the rising day

When no one wrote a word, wondered is this the end

But you were down there in the well, saving those that fell

Bringing them to the mountain again

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

In times like these, we pray earnetsly to the Lord...never stop, you can never pray too much...soon the night will end and dawn will arrive....God will see you through!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Welcome! :P

In the physical, I had a huge struggle overcoming my fear of the dark. It wasn't until I was 18 years old that I was finally delivered. :rolleyes: But now, I love the dark! It's so peaceful now that I no longer fear something being there I can't see. I especially enjoy it in the summer when I can listen to the frogs. :24:

In the spirit, I've learned that my greatest times of worship are when Ia worshiping the Lord through my fear and pain. My times of worship when I'm not struggling with anything are precious times, true - but there is something more deeper and more intimate when I am worshiping Him in my times of despair. It's so weird. But those times mean more to me than so many other things.

Hang in there hisgrace, and (no pun intended) let His grace carry you through. When you can find Jesus in the fight, that's when the sturggle finds its meaning.

Lord bless!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I guess I'm going through the night season as well. I've found a helpful thing is to go through the Psalms, and other helpful places, and highlight Scripture that speaks to you. God will deliver in His time; it's not any fun in the wait mode at times, but if it weren't for night, how would you rest?

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I do not know a Christian who has not gone through a serious time of trials...

I have found that when I get to the "other side of the tunnel" I have grown tremendously in my faith that God is above every situation that can come at me..

I know when you see the work God has done in you through this you will rejoice He let this season come upon you..

:wub::wub:

Here is one of my favorite Scriptures...

Joh 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

Joh 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

He is going to bring forth more fruit ... :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/05/1969

Thanks everyone for your posts. Its good to know that your not alone in this and that others have went through and came out stronger. All your advice is well taken and i will apply it.

God BLess

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Yes, but he will lead us through. Just don't stop- learn where he takes you: keep a journal-when I went through it I didn't think it would end- I've at times like this kept journals on scripture he had given me with dreams that are right on. These will prove sometimes to be some of the sweetest times with the Lord. Just make sure to stand in the test. Trust that he will deliver you.

I had a trial on the job, had a dream what the enemy was up to: He gave me a song in the shower: I am with you, I am with you : why should you be afraid- I am with you, I am with you: why should you be afraid. I can look back and it is so sweet. Let him show himself strong so that he gets all the glory, all the honor, all the praise!!

Stand and wait for his salvation- it is comeing- He won't leave you there for Long. Just trust in Him-he won't lead you wrong. Keep your eyes toward the Hills- He's coming. He is mighty- He is awesome in his Love for you. He didn't bat an eye at laying down his Life for you.

Soon you'll see the sun rise!!