Biscuit

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Who or what is "the beast" that is mentioned in Revelation? Bear in mind that the beast:

1) Has a name

2) Has an image

3) Has a mark

4) Its name has a number

5) It can be worshipped

6) It is referred to as "him" in Revelation 19:20

7) It will be cast into a lake of fire

The beast is different from the antichrist, right? I don't know what it is. :whistling: Any ideas?

Revelation 13:17

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 14:9

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Revelation 14:11

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Revelation 15:2

And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

Revelation 16:2

And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

Revelation 19:20

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:4

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Edited by Biscuit

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The beast is the Antichrist.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Pin the Tail on the Beast.

Lots of people have theories, but nobody knows for sure--yet. I believe the Bible says we who study the Scriptures, who know what's prophesied of "it" or "him" will know "it" or "him" when we see "it or "him". Bible scholars, corredt me if I'm wrong. There will come a point when we won't be wondering. We'll know, and God will protect us.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/27/1965

There is the Dragon, which is satan. The beast is indeed, the Antichrist. Please bear in mind that even though John refers to the antichrist he is never called the antichrist in Revelation. (please correct me if I am wrong here). Not to muddy the waters more, there is also a reference to "the other beast" in revelation that if you read the passage as a whole you will see that this other beast is the false prophet.

On the whole though, I dont think we will ever actually "see" the antichrist rise into the world leader role. It is my personal belief that the antichrist, or the beast, will gain his power in the chaotic aftermath of the rapture. It is through this chaos that I believe that the alliance of Islam and Russia will attack Isreal. Leading to rise of the antichrist as a great leader and seeker of peace. He will come forth with the peace treaty that will start the tribulation.

As to who the beast will be? What I have gathered from Bible scholars is that:

1) he will be of "true" Roman descent.

2) he will come from the region that was once the Roman Empire ( though I am curious as to if that means the Empire during Christ's time, the Empire when it was forst declared as an Empire, or the Roman Empire at it's largest)

3) he will be a man of peace.

4) he will be the consummate diplomat, able to bring others to belive as he does through words ( and I believe a little help from satan and his minions, or fallen angles)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The beast referred to the antichrist and his sysrtem of govt. Also, in history and today, the beast can be cmmonly referred to government systems that violate human rights and slaughter innocent people. But 'the beast' trhat revelations and daniel speaks of is the culluminationof htese past beasts which is the antichrist

anyone care to comment

anyone there

anyone care to comment

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I don't care to comment. I've got a way different take on it, and it just gets traditionalist folks all stirred up, and probably wouldn't accomplish much.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Which one...... the first one that comes out of the sea, or the one that comes out of the land or the one that the woman is riding.......