IGNORED

CHRISTIAN...You Can Be SAVED and Sure of It!

WISDOM

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1989

What kind of faith would Paul be talking about? Not the faith one has in Christ. When we are His, we are a new creation, the old man is gone as a new man arises. There is faith that is not of God.

What kind of faith would Paul talking about? He says

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

What kind of faith would Paul be talking about? Not the faith one has in Christ. When we are His, we are a new creation, the old man is gone as a new man arises. There is faith that is not of God.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1989

Paul was speaking of a faith that is not of God.

Do you not clearly read that Paul says,

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK . . . let me try this again. . . .

The only way a person may be saved is to adhere to what Christ taught through His Church.

"through His Church?"

Where is this in Scripture?

Does it say:

10 let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, and His Church, by Him and us this man stands here before you whole. 11 This [Him and me, Peter] is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.' 12 Nor is there salvation in any other [Jesus and His Church], for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4 - Peter speaking)

or does it say:

10 let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. 11 This [Jesus] is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.' 12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4 - Peter speaking)

And by the way - where does the word "Church" come from And what is the Greek word that is used?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Ephesians 2

8 For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,

9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

This verse is specifically talking about the initial grace of receiving water baptism. Water baptism is not a work

Paul was speaking of a faith that is not of God.

Do you not clearly read that Paul says,

I underlined the points where the author makes it clear that not only must we hear, but we must DO. "Do" is in direct reference to works.

Yup!

>>>>>()<<<<<

God Desires

"For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

God

"Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." Isaiah 44:6

Is Revealed

"For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called." Isaiah 54:5

God Suffers

"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:4-6

God Calls

"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." Jeremiah 31:3

God Reasons

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:18

Man Sees

"And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived." Numbers 21:9

Man Believes

"Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith." Habakkuk 2:4

Man Eats And Is Born Again The Child Of God

"Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts." Jeremiah 15:16

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!" Psalms 133:1

Love, Your Brother Joe

Years ago I wondered what the difference was between salvation through works and salvation through faith were and took it upon myself to seek the answer because of the division this caused. To make it as simple as possible, this is what I found.

• In the natural self, without Christ, we can do all forms of works that seem godly, but are not the works of Him, for the world does not follow God.
  • In out natural state, our righteousness is as filthy rags. Nothing we can do will ever be seen as righteousness before God without Christ.
  • When we become a Christian, we allow Christ to live in and through us to continue His work; therefore, what we do is not of ourselves, but of Him, taking no credit, but giving the glory to God.
  • Those who claim it is a work they did, and not the work of Christ through them, for selfish gain steal the honor from He who works in and through us.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Years ago I wondered what the difference was between salvation through works and salvation through faith were and took it upon myself to seek the answer because of the division this caused. To make it as simple as possible, this is what I found.

• In the natural self, without Christ, we can do all forms of works that seem godly, but are not the works of Him, for the world does not follow God.
  • In out natural state, our righteousness is as filthy rags. Nothing we can do will ever be seen as righteousness before God without Christ.
  • When we become a Christian, we allow Christ to live in and through us to continue His work; therefore, what we do is not of ourselves, but of Him, taking no credit, but giving the glory to God.
  • Those who claim it is a work they did, and not the work of Christ through them, for selfish gain steal the honor from He who works in and through us.

And this work, that is claimed for man, is called vainglory.

Good post! :thumbsup: