IGNORED

USA in prophecy

mrcorey

Reply to: mrcory

I tried to share with you my interpretation of Jesus' Revelation, and prophecies about the United States; but that did not pass inspection.

So then, the next best thing is, "The Peoples' New Testament; with Notes"; 1891, B. W. Johnson.

Order from Gospel Light, PO Box 38, Delight AR.

Only order, "Volume Two; Romans to Revelation" and you will save money.

Chapter 20 is about today.

Johnson knew more about "today" in 1891, than the writers today know.

sidwms

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

Then the US promoted the Millennium (Rev 14.6-7; Rev 20.1-7) which was 1859-1959.

Where does one even begin with this stuff? I dont know where you get your info, but you need to be in a good bible believing church and learn proper exegesis. What church are you with now? What denomination? Whose teachings do you follow?

FYI, a millenium is 1000 years, not 100 years. Gotta get the simplest of facts straight before you can begin to see the meaning of the verses.

BW Johnson was a Preterist. Preterism is one of those approaches to eschatology/theology that should not be taken too seriously.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Your question about prophecy and USA is exactly what God Almighty wants you to be thinking about!

The United States was first introduced in Revelation 11.12-15. . . .

I take back what I said before. THIS is the worst interpretation of Revelation I have ever seen.

sw

:24::)

I have to agree with you on this one, Saint!

:6::)

:whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

As far as I can tell, since the bible is about mans fall from grace and Gods redemption of mankind through Jesus, places like Israel are obviously important to that theme, whereas places like the US, despite our sense of self importance, really are not that important in His eyes. We are not mentioned because we are just another country. Nothing special in the end times. Maybe we are reduced from our super power status and maybe not. But we do not have a role in the end times the way Israel does. So why do we need to be mentioned in the bible?

Bravo, Jade!

:whistling:

Excellent words!

Guest Proverbs18
You know, I am doing an indepth study of Ezekiel. I am reading an old commentary at the moment, "Ezekiel" by Gaebelein. I notice that the countries with pride & wickedness the Lord cuts down. He doesn't allow them to prosper very long before He sets them in their place. It is my opinion that the USA is full of pride and wickedness. And if you ask me Donald Rumsfeld is the opitimy of arrogance. And while I voted for Bush, I am sorry that I did. One chapter I just read speaks of the leaders as well as the country itself. So I wouldn't be surprised if God had something to say about our leaders too.

At any rate. I do not have the gift of prophecy. And I am wondering if anyone out there with the gift of prophecy, has anything to say about the USA? We sure are an arrogant country. We think we are the best in the world. And we are very weatlhy. Yet, we kill our unborn children by the millions. We have all but taken God and Christianity out of our country. It only seems fitting to me that God must have something to say.

And BTW, I am not anti-American. I have my Flag Proudly Displayed today in rememberance of 9/11 I love my country and am glad I was born here than anywhere else. It just seems to me we are going from bad to worse and I wonder if God has something to say.

Any responses would be appreciated.

in Him;

-c-

I'm not a prophet or a theologian. I do know the Bible talks about how every nation that has forced Israel to give up some or all of her land, will be judged. (Which we did). I believe that in Daniel, the wings that boke off from the lion and became a man, is a reference to the US. I also know that the wings-now-man is not mentioned later when the anti-Christ takes over. I am persuaded that there are only two options accounting for this absence: 1. US was destryed/reduced to a non-power in a nuclear war (possibly one that could take place after the rapture, offering the anti-Christ a perfect opportunity to rise into power...it's possible now); 2. the US, noncompliant to the anti-Christ's authority, is overtaken and merged with another country.

The United States of America, although beloved by many, is a very arrogant and wicked country. The USA reminds me of a verse on Psalms: "Their eyes stand out with fatness, they have more than heart could wish." Every nation, every leader, and every citizen of this world will be judged. America, like every other country, will have to give an answer for her actions. I do believe God will take into account our support of Israel ("Every nation that shall bless thee, shall be blessed").

My birthday was right after the elections, so I just missed the voting privilage. I did, however, act as a volunteer for the Republican Headquaters in WV. I'm not sorry I did, and I'd do it again if I had the chance. I love Bush. The recent ID act he passed caused me to lose a gret deal of admiration for him. However, I still believe him the "lesser of the two evils". Time is determined. Some things have to come to pass, and God could be using Bush for those purposes.

The only hope we have is prayer. The only hope they have is our prayers. :emot-heartbeat:

-Proverbs18-

Edited by Proverbs18

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

:21:

Some claims are so ridiculous that they cannot really be addressed so its better to ignore them. For example the one world government and trilateral commission and other conspiracy claims can be made by anyone but how do you disprove them? sw

It would be very difficult seeing how David Rockefeller, who was largly responsible for the trilateral commission, documented in a book he released around 2003, that he and his family were part of a cabal that was doing so to promote a global government, and was very proud of doing so.

This is a good place to ignore us though, you might find more stable discussions in the 'Is it just me" thread.

In reality I am a secret trilateral commission member you know. Further I am on the Haliburton payroll and they pay me large sums of money in big boxes to talk down the conspiracy stuff on various websites. I am typing this from the Moon. A large black helicopter brings me here every evening.

sw

St.worm, you can make all the jokes you like and you do have a good sense of wit..... however they do not take away the words of David Rockefeller.....

Some people prefer to be an ostrich. :24:

And some see everything around them as one big conspiracy.

sw

. :24: ... and some take the time to sort it all out and just follow reality..... while some just throw the baby out with the bathwater.... :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

You can only take that view if you fail to understand that passages like Matthew 24 are more likely related to the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD. Like I said, there is no foundation for the belief that "Jesus is coming soon".

sw

Well, perhaps He is not coming for you...

You are the perfect example of the endtimes hysteria that has taken over so many churches today. Your statement above seems to indicate that you believe that Christians who do not agree with the relatively new doctrine of the endtimes (dispensationalism) are not really believers at all. Although Jesus may return before I finish typing this out, there is no reason for you to speculate that He is indeed coming soon. While I feel sad for those like you who have fallen so hard for some very questionable doctrine, I still do not think you should be making your judgment on the vast majority of believers in the 2000 year history of Christianity.

sw

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

You know, I am doing an indepth study of Ezekiel. I am reading an old commentary at the moment, "Ezekiel" by Gaebelein. I notice that the countries with pride & wickedness the Lord cuts down. He doesn't allow them to prosper very long before He sets them in their place. It is my opinion that the USA is full of pride and wickedness. And if you ask me Donald Rumsfeld is the opitimy of arrogance. And while I voted for Bush, I am sorry that I did. One chapter I just read speaks of the leaders as well as the country itself. So I wouldn't be surprised if God had something to say about our leaders too.

At any rate. I do not have the gift of prophecy. And I am wondering if anyone out there with the gift of prophecy, has anything to say about the USA? We sure are an arrogant country. We think we are the best in the world. And we are very weatlhy. Yet, we kill our unborn children by the millions. We have all but taken God and Christianity out of our country. It only seems fitting to me that God must have something to say.

And BTW, I am not anti-American. I have my Flag Proudly Displayed today in rememberance of 9/11 I love my country and am glad I was born here than anywhere else. It just seems to me we are going from bad to worse and I wonder if God has something to say.

Any responses would be appreciated.

in Him;

-c-

I'm not a prophet or a theologian. I do know the Bible talks about how every nation that has forced Israel to give up some or all of her land, will be judged. (Which we did). I believe that in Daniel, the wings that boke off from the lion and became a man, is a reference to the US. I also know that the wings-now-man is not mentioned later when the anti-Christ takes over. I am persuaded that there are only two options accounting for this absence: 1. US was destryed/reduced to a non-power in a nuclear war (possibly one that could take place after the rapture, offering the anti-Christ a perfect opportunity to rise into power...it's possible now); 2. the US, noncompliant to the anti-Christ's authority, is overtaken and merged with another country.

The United States of America, although beloved by many, is a very arrogant and wicked country. The USA reminds me of a verse on Psalms: "Their eyes stand out with fatness, they have more than heart could wish." Every nation, every leader, and every citizen of this world will be judged. America, like every other country, will have to give an answer for her actions. I do believe God will take into account our support of Israel ("Every nation that shall bless thee, shall be blessed").

My birthday was right after the elections, so I just missed the voting privilage. I did, however, act as a volunteer for the Republican Headquaters in WV. I'm not sorry I did, and I'd do it again if I had the chance. I love Bush. The recent ID act he passed caused me to lose a gret deal of admiration for him. However, I still believe him the "lesser of the two evils". Time is determined. Some things have to come to pass, and God could be using Bush for those purposes.

The only hope we have is prayer. The only hope they have is our prayers. :wub:

-Proverbs18-

But what you need to understand (and I admit there was a time I did not understand this!), is that a substantial portion of all Christians do not believe that the current Israel equals the Israel of the Old Testament. Yes, the Bible says exactly what you typed about nations forcing Israel to give up land, but many believe that passage and others like it are relative only to God's chosen people of the Old Testament. I support the nation of Israel, not for the same reason you do, but because it is a democracy and allie in an area of the world that largely supports terror and aggression.

blessings,

sw