IGNORED

Universalism

rafter

I work with a Universalist and she is the hardest person to witness to. We have had many many friendly debates. The problem with this doctrine is it really does come from the heart for many. They can't stomach the idea that anyone will suffer so they just do a twist and wha lah everyone gets to go. Speaking to them from scripture is pointless and even on an intellectual level of scriptural science does not make a dent because they are not of a scientific bent. It's a very liberal doctrine where a true and loving God would not harm any of his creatures. It is very frustrating to try and reason with them because they quote scripture when it is convient for them, and leave out the parts that are inconvient. When I point it out they come back with the Bible was wrote in a different time frame and you have to take that into context.

Currently I have her stumped and am waiting on an answer to these questions. Do you think God will remove our will from us once we are in heaven and turn us into robots? If not how will He stop this whole mess from happening again because obviously some peoples will is for self gain even if it hurts others? And if other people are being harmed there how does it fall into the category of paradise? As always I'm sure she will run and talk to her pastor and come back with some long and wordy explanation. I'm guessing it will be that we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye. Then we will be back full circle and debating the absolute truth of scripture. I figure if nothing else it keeps me on my toes and speaking the word at work and draws others into the conversation. She hasn't been saved there but a few others have.

I can see why it would be a tempting doctrine because you can avoid witnessing to others and the pain that goes along with watching friends and family who are too stubborn to come to the Lord.

In Yeshua's love

Teri

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

When I point it out they come back with the Bible was wrote in a different time frame and you have to take that into context.

So, are they saying that God was not smart enough to figure out that we would develope into a different time and culture? I mean, HE knows the exact hour and day of the end, so clearly He knew what our language, trends, fads, sins, and everything else related to our timeframe would be when His word was written. Right? Is not His word alive?

These guys. :t2::o

One important thing that I have learned from being on these boards is that just because a person pins the title "christian" on themselves, doesn't necessarily mean they are Christian!!!  :t2:  I have heard many so called "christians" with beliefs that make your hair stand on end!!

Discernment more than ever is now needed, when listening to an individual's message! The enemy has a very smooth and flattering tongue!  :o

Only Christ Saves

Amen Tyler. Well stated and so true. I have talked to many, not on the board, that claim to be Christian. After talking to them for a few minutes and them claiming to be saved only to find out they do not even believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  251
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/31/1943

i looked up something on universalism here is some of it

Universalism is the teaching that through the atonement of Jesus, every person who ever lived will ultimately be saved. It is a relatively small movement in America. But this error can have some serious ramifications. Does the Bible teach that everyone who has ever lived will be saved? No. It doesn't.

Universalism teaches that all people will ultimately be saved no matter what they believe. However, Christianity has a category of heresy called "Cults." Bible based, non-Christian cults are those groups that claim to be Christian, use the Bible, yet have redefined God, Jesus, and the gospel sufficiently to make salvation of no effect. This is why I have CARM, to combat and refute the error of the cults (and other errors), so that people will not go to hell.

NOW IF A PERSON was a unversalist. we might get them in to the BIBLE showing them that no man can enter in to heaven like a thief. .... only one way to heaen and that is through the door the GOD MADE ..... Through JESUS on that cross.

by asking the person what they think about JESUS.. Than ask them if they believe that JESUS DIED ON THAT CROSS FOR THEIR SINS.....

IF THEY SAY YES U GOT THEM......FOR WHY WOULD GOD ALLOW JESUS TO DIE FOR OUR SINS IF ALL WERE GOING TO BE SAVED ANYWAY.

WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE. IN JESUS DYING IF NOT FOR OUR SINS TO BEFOREGIVEN SO THAT WE COULD ENTER IN TO HEAVEN.... FOR GOD CANNOT BE IN THE PRESENSE OF OUR SINS ]

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

I am sure this will help:

http://www.carm.org/uni/universalism.htm

After reading, if you click on the "Return to Universalism" button on the bottom of the page it'll reveal more subtopics on Universalism.

PS:

Hey Traveller! What's happening Sis?!

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

what is CARM????

for those of us that may not know what that term means...

mike

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

carm stands for

CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS & RESEARCH MINISTRY

It's a great site! :t2:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

It seems with the secular world babbling on about "tolerance," Universalism will become more prevalent. The world accepts "whatever," so they want a god who will accept "whoever."

But yeah... one day they will be in humble submission to the sovereignty of the Lord

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I don't do tolerance either..............you either believe the bible and the bible alone or I'm gonna witness to ya

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

CARM....

thankyou......

mike