IGNORED

Divorce support thread

RGR

Guest Stephen63

Hello,

I am Stephen63.

I am already divorced, but as of recent my ex-wife is looking to bring me back into court to motify the agreement. This modification if she gets it could jeopardize my home as well as my custody arrangements with our two children and I'm scared.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Hello,

I am Stephen63.

I am already divorced, but as of recent my ex-wife is looking to bring me back into court to motify the agreement. This modification if she gets it could jeopardize my home as well as my custody arrangements with our two children and I'm scared.

First off, pray and pray hard. Second, when you get into court, make sure you tell the judge that any modification in your already determined agreement will result in severe financial hardship---and make sure you can prove it. Be honest and don't have anything hidden that private detectives and lawyers can find.

The main thing is to pray a lot about the situation and let God work in it rather than you do it. If you do it, you're going to screw it up big time---man always does. Let God do it.

a.

Guest Stephen63
Hello,

I am Stephen63.

Thank you A. I have been praying and I will continue to

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

i am going through a divorce of my own, so certainly relate to all who have to deal with this subject. this is the sixth time in 11 years that my wife has threatened, but this time she filed as of april, and for the first time, i made no attempt to talk her out of it. i did of course suggest marital counseling again, as i have for the last 11 years, but she is bitterly opposed to that, and because of that, i cannot continue to go through this every other year.

we have a 12 year old daughter who is having a difficult time with this, for me that is the hardest part. she is the reason that i tried so hard to make this work, but have come to realize that the homelife provided is more harmful than good. i do not want her to grow up thinking that the way her mother treats me is acceptable for any wife. it sets a poor example, and makes me shudder to think of how this could affect her future happiness if she marries someday.

i have tolerated verbal abuse for the duration of the marriage, which has intensified over the years, and lately has turned to physical abuse as well. mostly it comes in the form of objects being hurled at me, but on several occasions she has also punched me, and often pushes me as well. i know this may seem silly for a man to complain about, because as long as i am aware, she cannot actually hurt me. but i do fear what she might do when i am sleeping, which has only added to an already existing problem with insomnia.

i have slept on the couch since christmas of 2007, and only have 3 more months before the divorce will finally be settled and i can begin to rebuild my life. i ask for any prayers that can be given, not only for my daughter and wife, but also for myself. thank you all for your love and support, and i will be praying for you and yours as well. God bless.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/03/1975

I left him Dec 06. However our divorce finalized July 1, 08.

In the last 6 days I have grieved.

I have searched for a way to relieve it, to no avail.

I have been angry, scared, confused, and tired.

I feel like I wasted 12 years of my life.

Was I stupid to think that I could really trust someone not to turn on me?

How do you live without someone to hold you and tell you everything is going to be alright?

I don't know how to support my 3 kids (I haven't worked in 12 years).

I have tried to lean on God and trust that he will reach down and save me from this whole that is getting deeper and deeper.

But I am starting to wonder if God was the one who sent me where I am job wise.

I was so sure that He sent me into this position.

With caring and understanding people that wont demand more than I can give.

That will be patient for me to learn.

The only catch is that the pay comes slow the first year or so.

(I have some help from my mother but she is starting to fall to).

How am I suppose to support 3 kids with no resume.

I refuse to search out a man to take care of me.

I feel like I can't trust men especially financially.

If I hadn't trusted my ex financially I wouldn't be so lost now.

I would have had some experience to fall back on (a resume).

I have no one to seek advise from that can hold me and make me feel safe.

I was suppose to be safe.

He was suppose to keep me safe.

Now I have to find my own safety.

How do you do that?

How does a woman feel safe outside the arms of a man?

I feel like I am loosing my mind.

I know the grieving process is the same as if someone had died but how do you cope?

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

Sot, since you left him in Dec 2006, how have you been able to support yourself and your children? How has it been any different the past year and a half than what it is now?

How does a woman feel safe out of the arms of a man? I have felt safer out of my ex's arms, because I can now fully commit myself to the arms of God.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/27/1986

hello everyone. i know this thread supports people going through divorces, like husband and wife...but does it also support those whose parents divorce and left everything in a mess?? my parents divorced when i was turning 13, right on my birthday. but the reason for that is a mental illness and since then it has gotten worse and worse. it is very rough on me because when i see my dad all he talks about is hoping to get back together with mum but shes moved on and away and is in a different state from dad and i. i dont live with dad, i live on my own but it is a very messy situation.

im praying for everyone here on this forum going through divorces. i know how messy they can be, ive witnessed it as a child and as an adult.

Guest shalombb

I entered quickly and inadviseadly into a marriage after my wife of twenty years. Not surprisingly

the marriage had no spiritual foundation and not suprisingly it failed. The full story is on my web-site

(http://www.geocities.com/shalombb). I need your prayers to get my spiritual ship righted again.

shalom

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Sot, since you left him in Dec 2006, how have you been able to support yourself and your children? How has it been any different the past year and a half than what it is now?

How does a woman feel safe out of the arms of a man? I have felt safer out of my ex's arms, because I can now fully commit myself to the arms of God.

I have to completely agree with you! I feel 100 times safer outside of my ex husbands arms. God's arms are the absolute safest place you can be .. He's all you need Sot :thumbsup:

I was never in my ex's arms to even FEEL safe. He was too busy looking for MEN.

a.

• 1 month later...