ray

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

How do you review your year? The year 2006 looked......

The big events that occurred each month or each season were

The spring of 2006 ended another disappointing year at work for me.

The summer as a teacher I took off for the summer and went back to school and worked on my masters and took two classes.

This fall I started at the same old teaching job but in a new grade level and it has made me happier. Also I took another class for my masters program.

This winter I'm taking the semester off and getting a second job to help get myself out of debt.

This is my year of 2006 highlights of the year. what are yours?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

The big events that occurred each month or each season were

The spring of 2006 ended another disappointing year at work for me.

The summer as a teacher I took off for the summer and went back to school and worked on my masters and took two classes.

This fall I started at the same old teaching job but in a new grade level and it has made me happier. Also I took another class for my masters program.

This winter I'm taking the semester off and getting a second job to help get myself out of debt.

This is my year of 2006 highlights of the year. what are yours?

The biggest thing I started this year with was leaving my husband of 14 years. Then coming back to the Lord, joining the church I had been attending, making the decision to go to Bible School, and getting back online and finding this site. I've been through some rocky points on this site, but Thank God I'm still here.

I'm waiting to see how 2007 shapes up. Next year is going to be a year of lots and lots of change for me. First off, when I get the divorce---that's going to be a BIG change. Then we will see where we will go from there.

Of course the number 7 has always been a favorite of mine. Heee!!!

Anita & Chikachu

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My year went so fast that when it was spring, it was still winter for me; when it was summer, it was still spring; when it was autumn, it was still summer . . . . Where did it all go? I told someone at work yesterday that for me, it will still be 2006 in April of 2007! People say that as we age, time goes by so fast; indeed, it does.

My year --

In late summer of 2005, I gave my husband of over 19 years the firm and final ultimatum. Certain habits went or he would: I want a godly home with him or I will have a godly home without him. He made his choice. He decided to learn what it was within him that made him what he was. He studied two books that were very beneficial. I locked him out of my computer and bought him one without Internet access at his request. I put locks on the TVs and set the limits at his request. He has changed tremendously over 2006. I am beginning to relax around him, but while I show him respect as best I can, I am still working on respecting him in reality. What I do respect is his admission that he has a problem and his application to changing.

We started a new tradition at our house last year: with the children's agreement, we get to have all the family over for an Independence Day celebration! We had So Much Fun with July 4 this year!

Major positive: I am closer to Messiah than I ever have been before and studying more than ever, excited about Him and the Word. I am taking classes again that have helped me to grow in Him as well.

Great positive: we left our old HMO! YESSS! Finally, I can expect decent medical care!

Great positive: we are having less arthritic pain since switching from electric to gas heat.

G-d is good, and His mercy is everlasting -- His Truth endures forever! Amein!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I got married *grin* I think of all the things that happened this year, getting married is the one that will always stand out to me. I mean, I moved three times (welcome to a student's life), I got a serious job (ie. one that is not fast food or a convenience store), I found out my husband and I will have a house by September...but getting married was an absolute dream. The day was perfect. Sunny, bright fall colours everywhere, crisp mountain air and beautiful views...absolutely perfect. Everything I'd ever dreamed it would be. Even though it's had its trials (working that challenging serious job more than full time and planning a wedding in another town, all while maintaining a semi-long-distance relationship...that was tough) 2006 has been a good year.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

2006 has been the best year of my life in recent memory. My business is prospering, 5 years (!) of physical therapy came to an end, I am off all but one prescription medication (for pain) and I love the Lord more than ever. Time to concentrate on my personal life... ;)

• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  11/25/1965

2006 has been not a great year for me!

I will start of with the negatives.

Work was full on and busy with unmanageable workloads and major stresses. I felt very unappreciated there. All I seemed to do this year is work, my last holiday was in January 2006, feeling rather burnt out right now!! I feel my family suffered because of this.

I have felt the enemies attacks non stop, it has been one after another and it seems no reprieve inbetween.

I went through a period of depression.

Positives

God opened a door for me to change jobs and I left my previous job in September and it was like this lead weight had been lifted off and I felt God's peace, and I feel so valued at my new job.

I have a family who love me unconditionally.

Despite the attacks of the enemy, this has caused me to draw on God's strength more than ever before and what I have learnt this year as a Christian that I go to HIM first about all things, the desire for prayer and meditation of God's word is ever strong. There has been many times I have been drawn to my knees. My walk with HIM has been the most incredible experience.

God brought me out of depression.

2007 is looking good!!

I have 3 weeks off work, today being my last day of work.

Job prospects are great, I have been approached to apply for a job in a Christian organisation and only 10 mins from home.

I am coming over to the States in May to catch up with a wonderful friend.

My love for the Lord overwhelms me at times and know that HE is ever present in my life and I know He will guide me no matter what valley or mountain I climb.

My friends and family are right with me and I am thankful.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

Mixed year, as usual.

Highlights - holidays in Austria and Tenerife. Also my youngest daughter's wedding in June to a very nice young man and they are very happy.

Lows - very difficult family problems. Change of job to one I don't like as much (but the one I liked was insecure).

But God is on the throne!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Learned:

A characteristic that is usually a strongpoint can become a weakness.

Eliminate more "stinking thinking" by being focused on Him instead of myself.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/05/1976

2006 has been the most rewarding year for me, so full of surprises.

The year when I finally got a breathe after the storm and

when God poured down all the wonderful blessings there is

in every area of my life.

I hope it continues on in the coming year.

May we know God more and serve Him more and more

to the remaining years of our lives.

Happy New Year to all!!!!

cheers.......... :emot-hug: