• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The reason this debate keeps occuring is that people do not understand the difference between the gift of tongues, which only some receive and which requires an interpretation, and prayer tongues, that everyone receives when they receive the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. While the Bible never says everyone that is filled will speak in tongues, there is a clear pattern of that occuring throughout the book of Acts. It is also obvious that it is something that occurs after salvation because while on an evangelistic journey, the Apostles came upon believers and asked them if they had received the Holy Ghost since they believed. They said they hadn't even heard of the Holy Ghost but had only received John's baptism. They were filled after the Apostles prayed for them.

There is no way I can show conclusively that all that are Baptised in the Holy Ghost speak in tongues, because there is no scripture that states it to be so, however for those who are open minded to the possibility and desire to know the truth, I challenge you to go through the book of Acts and read about the people that received. Notice the pattern that occurs. If you still come away believing that prayer tongues are only for a select few, fine. I don't expect all to agree on this matter, but personally, I do believe that every believer that receives the baptism of the Holy Ghost will speak in tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance.

Excellent! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

We're allready blessed with everything in Christ,

Ephesians 1:3-4a; 3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.

There is no second blessing, or additional blessings, we've got it all in Christ! Glory!

God bless!

Ephesians 1:3-4a; 3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.

There is no second blessing, or additional blessings, we've got it all in Christ! Glory!

God bless!

There is another baptism! You don't get it all at salvation, unless you are extremely blessed.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Receiving the Holy Spirit for some of the Christians in Acts was an experience subsequent to believing in Jesus Christ.

Is it any different today?

Acts 8:15-17

15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Acts 9:17

And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Acts 19:2-6

He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

All Christians receive the Holy Spirit the moment that they believe into Christ. Read John 14.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

God bless!

There is another baptism! You don't get it all at salvation, unless you are extremely blessed.

Then interpret this passage for me please...

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

God bless!

There was another baptism in the New Testament, as recorded in various places. But I have not seen that it is necessary for the work of the church today.

In resurrection the Lord Jesus met personally with the disciples and breathed the Spirit into them. But we know that this procedure is not needed for salvation today.

God bless!

Then interpret this passage for me please...

The scripture is self-explanatory. We are blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Doesn't mean that we don't have to ask for the blessings! When I realized I needed the power of the Holy Spirit to fill me and anoint me, I asked for it and submitted to it, and received it. When I need wisdom, I ask for it. When I wanted tongues, I asked for it. Got them! God is good in delivering to us each spiritual blessing we need and desire! It is as the verse says...He chose us to be holy and blameless in spirit. It's a work in progress. As I implore of God, "MORE OF YOU AND LESS OF ME!" , I am becoming that chosen vessel that He sees as the finished product. Amen!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

It's a mite tragicomic, is it not, when people go by personal experience rather than by clear-cut words of Holy Writ? Could Romans 8:14-16 be clearer than it is re the reception of the Spirit of adoption at moment of conversion?

"For as many are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For you have not received the spirit of bondage unto fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.....we are the children of God." Romans 8:14-16.

Being "led by the Spirit of God," we have received Christ as Savior & "have received the Spirit of adoption, the very Holy Spirit Himself." Now we can "cry, Abba, Father!" in this new, close, personal relationship with our Savior. Amen!

Divine "mumbo-jumbo", as in Pentecostal/charismatic "personal experience" plays ZIP part in coming to & receiving the Lord of Glory. The classic Acts 2 passage re "tongues," better "languages," allows only for earthly, known, understood, national dialects as in Acts 2:8-11. Why read "mumbo-jumbo" into crystal-clear Holy Writ at Acts 2:8-11?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

The scripture is self-explanatory. We are blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Doesn't mean that we don't have to ask for the blessings! When I realized I needed the power of the Holy Spirit to fill me and anoint me, I asked for it and submitted to it, and received it. When I need wisdom, I ask for it. When I wanted tongues, I asked for it. Got them! God is good in delivering to us each spiritual blessing we need and desire! It is as the verse says...He chose us to be holy and blameless in spirit. It's a work in progress. As I implore of God, "MORE OF YOU AND LESS OF ME!" , I am becoming that chosen vessel that He sees as the finished product. Amen!

Great Answer and Good Testimony :b:

It's a mite tragicomic, is it not, when people go by personal experience rather than by clear-cut words of Holy Writ? Could Romans 8:14-16 be clearer than it is re the reception of the Spirit of adoption at moment of conversion?

"For as many are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For you have not received the spirit of bondage unto fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.....we are the children of God." Romans 8:14-16.

Being "led by the Spirit of God," we have received Christ as Savior & "have received the Spirit of adoption, the very Holy Spirit Himself." Now we can "cry, Abba, Father!" in this new, close, personal relationship with our Savior. Amen!

Divine "mumbo-jumbo", as in Pentecostal/charismatic "personal experience" plays ZIP part in coming to & receiving the Lord of Glory. The classic Acts 2 passage re "tongues," better "languages," allows only for earthly, known, understood, national dialects as in Acts 2:8-11. Why read "mumbo-jumbo" into crystal-clear Holy Writ at Acts 2:8-11?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

You are such a downer today, Arthur! :b: