• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

DONT FORGET THESE!

Here are a few Scriptures you could give your parents to reflect over regarding their children.

"And ye fathers, PROVOKE not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord" (Ephesians 6:4).

"Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged" (Colossians 3:21).

In a nutshell, tell your parents you are an adult, you will not be provoked to anger or be insulted like that "EVER" again. If they continue to insult you, they will see less of you, or maybe not at all for some time, untill they learn to respect you as you now are, an adult. Remind them, salvation has nothing to do with how one dresses, or the length of ones hair, or whether a lady wears makeup or not, or even the style of ones shoes etc. Christ never once apbraided anyone for the way they were dressed?

God bless you.

Haz.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DONT FORGET THESE!

Here are a few Scriptures you could give your parents to reflect over regarding their children.

"And ye fathers, PROVOKE not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord" (Ephesians 6:4).

"Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged" (Colossians 3:21).

In a nutshell, tell your parents you are an adult, you will not be provoked to anger or be insulted like that "EVER" again. If they continue to insult you, they will see less of you, or maybe not at all for some time, untill they learn to respect you as you now are, an adult. Remind them, salvation has nothing to do with how one dresses, or the length of ones hair, or whether a lady wears makeup or not, or even the style of ones shoes etc. Christ never once apbraided anyone for the way they were dressed?

God bless you.

Haz.

Thanks, Hazard :thumbsup:

I will definitely keep these things in mind!

pix

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,071
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  240
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

keeping you in prayer :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/25/1965

Pix praying for you sis :thumbsup:

A definite chat with you parents is in order, I hope it goes well. Telling them exactly how you feel about their interferance and how important Christ is to you and that HE is the centre of your life right now and you want God to decide who you date. Just reminding them you are 28 and not 18 and that you are responsible adult but also in love tell them how important they are to you and you appreciate that they love and care for you and you know they have your best interests at heart but it is time for them to let you go.

If this guy keeps turning up you have to tell your parents to tell him to back off after all they sent him onto your path. That is invading your private space.

I have to agree with ladyP, you can not change your parents but you can change the way you react.

Shazza :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

SCREAM!!!!

Oh my goodness... Guess who showed up at my door with flowers awhile ago??? The creep from last night...

He asked me to dinner tonight, and I explained that I wasn't sure what my parents had told him, but that I really didn't have any interest in dating him.

I can't believe my parents gave him my address too...

I'm so mad.

I called a friend of mine and explained things; she told me I should go ahead and go out with the guy, because it will get my parents off my back for awhile, and also give me some fun and help my lighten up...

But, I don't want to. He's not saved.

After hanging up with my friend, I called my parents, and told them I was upset about them giving this guy my phone number and address. They apologized profusely, and genuinely seemed to understand my concerns. They want me to come to dinner tonight so we can talk it out.

Thank you all for the wonderful advice you've given me here. I'm going to need to use it tonight!

Well, I pray your parents eye are open to their mistake. Keeping you in prayer!

• Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Wow :whistling:

I am praying for you.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

*sigh* I feel for you, sweetie...I really do. My parents didn't back off before I had a screaming match (three weeks before my wedding) with my dad...that one ended with both of us crying and me having a broken office chair...I hope it doesn't come to that for you...it sucks.

Well... I'm home from dinner and serious chatter with the folks...

It did not go well...

It started out okay... When they were just listening and letting me talk...

It got really bad, but... we sort of came to a compromise on a few things...

Part of the compromise, is that I'm going to date the guy they introduced to me last night at the party, the one who's not saved... In fact, after we finished dinner tonight, guess who just happened to pop in for dessert???

This is all so complicated, and I think I just made it worse by trying to have a reasonable conversation with my parents. There are many reasons why they want me to be dating somebody right now. One of them is that some of their friends and people at their church have suggestion that I'm a lesbian (which I'm not) because I don't date. They're worried about their reputation. There are other stupid reasons too, which I don't want to get into here, at least not tonight.

I really, really don't want to date this guy, but I didn't feel like I had any other choice.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

It did not go well...

Part of the compromise, is that I'm going to date the guy they introduced to me last night at the party, the one who's not saved... In fact, after we finished dinner tonight, guess who just happened to pop in for dessert???

This is all so complicated, and I think I just made it worse by trying to have a reasonable conversation with my parents. There are many reasons why they want me to be dating somebody right now. One of them is that some of their friends and people at their church have suggestion that I'm a lesbian (which I'm not) because I don't date. They're worried about their reputation. There are other stupid reasons too, which I don't want to get into here, at least not tonight.

I really, really don't want to date this guy, but I didn't feel like I had any other choice.

I have such a bad feeling about you dating that guy, I can't believe it. I'm nearly shaking.

Do NOT date anyone you have a bad feeling about! Call back your parents, put your foot down, and tell them you WILL NOT date him!

Who cares if some idiot assumes you're a lesbian because you are actually doing a GODly thing by not dating around? That's just more manipulation to force you to be who you are not.

Man, I'm still shaking.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

It did not go well...

Man, if I were ya mama talking to the busy bodies I would go up side their head with the truth with, "it's none of your business" and what is in your heart that you would consider such nastiness in a christian girl, get yourself right with God before you talk to me again, I would say!!! Sound's like a lot of nasty people!

Are you really going to go through with it?? What about the guy, is he creepy???

Tell them that the weight of their reputation shouldn't rest on your shoulders, why should you have to hold up that burden!! It's not yours to carry.

Do what you feel is right to do, seek the Lord concerning this.