• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Marnie -

I'm a few years older than you, and I understand the frustration you are feeling and thinking. Just for fun one time I checked out profiles of men on a Christian on-line dating site. The site separated people by how important "the spiritual" was to their lives, or some wording like that. I of course chose the group of men that chose the category indicating the lord or the spiritual was of utmost importance. :wub: Every single last one of them exactly fit your descriptions. I made a quick "exit - stage right!"

I am trying to trust the Lord in this - waiting on His timing for His reasons, and trusting that the details will work out. I dread the idea of becoming a step-mother the day I get married. But I have to trust Him even in this.

Basically, I am posting this just to say that you are not alone. It is frightening and frustrating, but even in this we need to put our lives in the Lord's hand - knowing that He is good!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/1963

What is a real man? I guess the answer is different to all of us. I think a real man is one who can mix concrete and hammer in nails properly and understands how a sewerage system works and how electrical things work and can fix them if they break down.

Okay, I guess I'm a "real man" since I can do all those things. :blink:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Real man here. 33 yrs. old. Not living with family, but have played video games since Pong & don't know concrete/electrical.

Do know martial arts. Mentally & emotionally tough. Guess there's a lot of factors to this man- thing.

Don't know how to meet a woman online since this covers the whole U.S. (not S.F. & Oakland), but would be interested in meeting one at my church (it isn't liberal or conservative- just Christ-centered).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/06/1963

...Just for fun one time I checked out profiles of men on a Christian on-line dating site. The site separated people by how important "the spiritual" was to their lives, or some wording like that. I of course chose the group of men that chose the category indicating the lord or the spiritual was of utmost importance. :blink: Every single last one of them exactly fit your descriptions. I made a quick "exit - stage right!"...

I have a subscription to ChristianCafe because they gave me a free 10 day trial of the site and I was quite pleased with those 10 days. I did some research and it is the only Christian dating site that is actually owned and operated by Christians. Now, that doesn't mean they have the telepathic power to know that everyone who joins is actually a Christian. You still have to be smart and careful. I have made some real friends there even though Mr. Right hasn't messaged me yet. In fact, Marnie, there's a wonderful man in Canada looking for a wife by next Christmas. His name is Mark and he has 3 small children. They're all out of diapers by now so you could skip that mess and still have the joys of parenting! Let me know, I could hook you up. The only drawback is that because of custody, he needs someone who can relocate to him. He was a minister for 17 years but left when his wife left him. He has a good job but does not rule out that God might call him back to ministry. He has high moral standards and his own home. He doesn't seem to have many faults that I could find. I just can't move and I'm working on grandchildren now, anyway.

Hey, it's something to think about...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

What is a real man? I guess the answer is different to all of us. I think a real man is one who can mix concrete and hammer in nails properly and understands how a sewerage system works and how electrical things work and can fix them if they break down.

Okay, I guess I'm a "real man" since I can do all those things. :blink:

I can use the phone to call somebody who knows how to fix those things, does that count? Well I do know how to build some things and can do concrete, but electrical forget about it.

The problem you may run into marnie is that you sound like an educated professional woman. Most of the men who I know who like to hunt, fish, are good with their hands and are polite, well they have no interest in being with a women who has a higher earning potential than they do and want a women who would stay at home and take care of the kids and home or maybe make some money on the side, but not a career that would rival theirs, it

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Well, MY real man does laundry, washes floors, cooks dinner and cleans up afterward and more... I think that a true man doesn't just mold himself to the stereotypic roles of manliness. My husband is a steelworker who does a brave job, yet is loving enough to do things for us around the home...without the asking.

I know I am fortunate, but I am telling you this because a man needs to be like Jesus to her. My husband is.

I remember once being upset that he was vacuuming, as it made me feel incapable...which I was at the time (depression). His response was, "It's my house, too, and it's my vacuum, and my dirt, so I can clean it!" Good guy. I never felt badly after that again.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

i am a man but i can change if i have to i guess

:blink:

t.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Well, Ghosty, you don't HAVE to wear an apron or anything! :blink:

• Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

*Hmmmmm........thinks of the fallout and destruction to humanity if dumb enough to say what I think a real man should be........... :blink:

t.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

:blink::24::24::24::):24::) *cough cough cough* :24::24::24::24::24::24:

I didn't need to see this so early in the morning!!!!! Ghostie you crack me up, dude!!!

Anita & Chikachu