IGNORED

Explanation of the Trinity

Guest Bunky

Guest shiloh357
I don't think when it says that "God sent His only Son" that it means that Jesus, as the man/flesh, existed before He was born in Bethlehem. It couldn't, because that would make Jesus the lesser of the three. Does that make any sense to you all?

Jesus was preexistant before his birth in Bethlehem. He says so. John 8:57-59

The Jews therefore said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" [58] Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." [59] Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple.

They picked up stones because Jesus was saying that He is God. The diety of Christ is basic, essential Christian doctrine.

We are trinity within our own self because we are created like God. I am made up of three distinct parts but yet there is only one me. Its the same with God. God is made up of three distinct parts but yet is one God.

Man is trichotomy, not a trinity. The trinity is made up of three distinct persons. Man is not. Spirit, soul and body do not constitute three persons.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

Charlie:

Herbert Armstrong and the Worldwide Church of God taught that the Godhead was a family. This group has since rejected that heresy and now embraces the orthodox trinity.

3 separate gods would be like Mormonism. Tritheism is polytheism. Christianity is monotheistic (triune=compound unity).

Guest charlie

Godrulz,

<<Herbert Armstrong and the Worldwide Church of God taught that the Godhead was a family. This group has since rejected that heresy and now embraces the orthodox trinity.>>

I don't know anything about this organization even though I have heard the name. Ouch! I sure don't want to get into heresy. I guess I need to do a little more reading up on how the very early church viewed the Trinity thru spiritual eyes. I'll pray for understanding on this.

I don't think when it says that "God sent His only Son" that it means that Jesus, as the man/flesh, existed before He was born in Bethlehem. It couldn't, because that would make Jesus the lesser of the three. Does that make any sense to you all?

Jesus was preexistant before his birth in Bethlehem. He says so. John 8:57-59

The Jews therefore said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" [58] Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." [59] Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple.

They picked up stones because Jesus was saying that He is God. The diety of Christ is basic, essential Christian doctrine.

I realized that the Spirit of God that lived in Jesus (body/flesh/son) existed before Jesus was born in Bethlehem.

Jesus or the son/flesh didn't exist until His birth. In other words, the Spirit of God took on Himself the form of a man, which we call God.

That's why Jesus could quote John 8:57-59.

Is that better?

Bunky :rolleyes:

Guest shiloh357

Bunky,

I realized that the Spirit of God that lived in Jesus (body/flesh/son) existed before Jesus was born in Bethlehem.

Jesus or the son/flesh didn't exist until His birth. In other words, the Spirit of God took on Himself the form of a man, which we call God.

Is that better?

That is not what Jesus said. Jesus said that HE was preexistant before Abraham. Jesus did not preexist in the flesh, but Jesus Himself did exist with the Father throughout eternity past. Jesus is God. That is basic Christianity. One cannot be a Christian and reject the diety of Christ. All three members of the Godhead are God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Godrulz,

<<Herbert Armstrong and the Worldwide Church of God taught that the Godhead was a family. This group has since rejected that heresy and now embraces the orthodox trinity.>>

I don't know anything about this organization even though I have heard the name. Ouch! I sure don't want to get into heresy. I guess I need to do a little more reading up on how the very early church viewed the Trinity thru spiritual eyes. I'll pray for understanding on this.

Hello charlie:

Godrulz made a very good and valid point. It was also nice to read your comments ("Ouch") about not wanting to get into heresy. I commend you, and have provided a website for you to obtain more understanding about "Armstrongism" (deceased founder Herbert Armstrong) and Garner Ted Armstrong ("splintered group"), and their relationship to the WCG:

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/a74.html

:rolleyes:

Bunky,

Is that better?

That is not what Jesus said. Jesus said that HE was preexistant before Abraham. Jesus did not preexist in the flesh, but Jesus Himself did exist with the Father throughout eternity past. Jesus is God. That is basic Christianity. One cannot be a Christian and reject the diety of Christ. All three members of the Godhead are God.

So, all three members are God. Now we are back to having three gods, members, or beings......which is it?

How do you get ONE God out of three? Completely confused! :rolleyes:

Does everyone who is following this topic believe in a Trinity?

Bunky :down:

Guest shiloh357
How do you get ONE God out of three? Completely confused! 

the Trinity is a mystery. It is something that we will never completely understand this side of eternity. We see all three operating at the same time when Jesus was baptized: The Father said this is my beloved Son, We have the Son getting baptized, and the Holy Spirit descending on Jesus like a dove. How does it all fit together? This is something that we accept by faith. God is One God made up of three distinct persons. We are not talking about three Gods.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Bunky,

Is that better?

So, all three members are God. Now we are back to having three gods, members, or beings......which is it?

How do you get ONE God out of three? Completely confused! :rolleyes:

Does everyone who is following this topic believe in a Trinity?

Bunky :down:

Bunky:

What is your actual faith and belief?

Are you a Christian?

To what if any denomination do you belong?

And if you're not a Christian, what is your religious background/group?

shiloh357,Dec 15 2003, 04:37 PM

Bunky:

What is your actual faith and belief?

Are you a Christian?

To what if any denomination do you belong?

And if you're not a Christian, what is your religious background/group?