• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Who wants to be normal anyway? :)

The question is, who sets the standard for what is normal? If we had to pick a model "Normal" person, who would it be?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I've found over the past few years my interest has dropped to zero concerning books of fiction.

I find I'm only interested in non fiction and feel as if reading fiction, even by Christian authors a total waste of time.......

Is anyone else like this or am I turning into a party pooper?... :(

Even with my TV viewing.....doco's, news/current affairs, nature shows and shows about diffrent cultures appeal to me more than sitcoms...............

But I love comedy DVD'S!!

I never was much into reading fiction. I'm a slow reader and it took me too long to read a book. It was easier for me to get my fiction in a movie where it was over in two hours. But, I did love movies and we owned tons of them, but our interest in them has been declining to practically nilch. We've been reading the Bible, Christian authors, listening to Christian music, playing sermons, etc. We also have become news watchers and watchers of history shows or documentaries. Current affairs is much more appealing than fiction now. And, we do lots of stuff with our kids and grandkids, too. The only free night we have this week was Wednesday night. And, we both had bad sinus headaches, so that was a bummer. Tomorrow night we lead a bible study and Friday night our daughter and son-in-law are coming over. I don't know why, but they like to come and hang out with us old people. We must be a cheap form of entertainment. :)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I've found over the past few years my interest has dropped to zero concerning books of fiction.

I find I'm only interested in non fiction and feel as if reading fiction, even by Christian authors a total waste of time.......

Is anyone else like this or am I turning into a party pooper?... :)

Even with my TV viewing.....doco's, news/current affairs, nature shows and shows about diffrent cultures appeal to me more than sitcoms...............

I would have to say what is wierd? lol, would wierd be the social norm, then yes we are all wierd! I mean if the whole world believed in ufo's and you didn't you would be wierd.

And about the non-fiction, as far as reading I feel the same way, I have a hard time reading fiction. I dont watch tv, but as far as movies, ya I still like my movies.

BUT.......I listen to quite alot of music.

When I first became a Christian I generally listened to Christian music but now I'm not so stiff, I've relaxed and listen to whoever I like.

I'm a mature enough Christian to not be led by seedy lyrics but having said that , if I find the lyrics point blank offensive I change channels. :)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Who wants to be normal anyway? :laugh:

The question is, who sets the standard for what is normal? If we had to pick a model "Normal" person, who would it be?

Oh I know, that one guy, with the thing, and the shirt that says.. you know who I'm talking about. LOL :(:wub::)

I honestly can't name one normal person, everyone's differen't and normality to me is not what the latest taboo is.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Is anyone else like this or am I turning into a party pooper?... :)

Hi Inj,

I wouldn't think anything of it. I have a feeling that part of it is just "maturity" and the rest is just a matter of what you enjoy reading and watching! I sort of enjoy factual material whenever possible. Actually, I'm in my mid 50's now and I just purchased another round of educational chips of all the English, math., algebra, and science teaching aids, as though I were beginning again from the 7th grade on , probably through and into College subjects ALL OVER AGAIN! I love the learning challange.....And I happened to have worked a bit in the medical field and can tell you that without a doubt the more information you renew and learn anew, the better your mind will function as you age. If anyone needs more information on "teaching aids," feel free to email me and I'll be happy to share what I know on the matter. BUT IT DOES WORK! And unfortunately, other countries are ages ahead of the U.S. on the subject matter.

Blessings

Cajunboy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

Thank goodness you posted this I was beginning to think Iwas abnormal :)

Hi Inj,

I wouldn't think anything of it. I have a feeling that part of it is just "maturity" and the rest is just a matter of what you enjoy reading and watching! I sort of enjoy factual material whenever possible. Actually, I'm in my mid 50's now and I just purchased another round of educational chips of all the English, math., algebra, and science teaching aids, as though I were beginning again from the 7th grade on , probably through and into College subjects ALL OVER AGAIN! I love the learning challange.....And I happened to have worked a bit in the medical field and can tell you that without a doubt the more information you renew and learn anew, the better your mind will function as you age. If anyone needs more information on "teaching aids," feel free to email me and I'll be happy to share what I know on the matter. BUT IT DOES WORK! And unfortunately, other countries are ages ahead of the U.S. on the subject matter.

Blessings

Cajunboy

Wow, that's EXACTLY what I've been doing........buying maths books, English vocab books and the like!! :)

I kinda thought it must be maturity (with the viewing and reading) but the relearning of school stuff hmm....that's INTERESTING!!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/11/1986

welcome to the wonderful world of being an over-anylizer :wub: We are many mahahahaha! :)

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,085
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  240
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

but I LIKE being abnormal...how boring to be like everyone else :( and anyway if I am normal what would everyone around me do for entertainment ? :)