• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

It's weird to me.

You'd think that the older someone gets, the more they'd start to think about "what's after"...you know?

Do they just think they rot and decay?

I dunno...seems a pretty risky assumption, to me.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Yes Cats very risky assumption...they play dangerously with their own lives and spurn Christs death on the cross...

sad! sad! sad! ;)

F1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

;)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Hi Faith, dont give up on your mum. I was 64 before I was saved and like your mum was as stubborn as a mule. But I was crying tears of self pity into a glass of beer and contemplating the options fo topping myself, when Jesus came in on the blind side and I went down like a ton of bricks When I finally came to I was hooked. I'm 80 now and still on fire for the Lord.

Father, I pray for our sister's mum, I pray you send your Holy spirit to her when she least expects him and that He catches her on the blind side,Lord and removes the scales from her eyes, opens her ears and softens her heart and promps her to repent and receive the blessings and forgiveness of Jesus Christ our saviour God......Amen

That's my prayer for you Faith and your mum....eric

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

My grandmother got saved at an older age, when she was getting deaf she couldn't hear the preacher in her church anymore and her daughter (who got saved some years before) took her to her church where everything was alot louder, it was there the Lord took ahold of her, she even got baptised and was a great testemony to her family until she died, I believe it was through her prayers that the Lord saved me......

Angels ;)

Hi Faith, dont give up on your mum. I was 64 before I was saved and like your mum was as stubborn as a mule. But I was crying tears of self pity into a glass of beer and contemplating the options fo topping myself, when Jesus came in on the blind side and I went down like a ton of bricks When I finally came to I was hooked. I'm 80 now and still on fire for the Lord.

Father, I pray for our sister's mum, I pray you send your Holy spirit to her when she least expects him and that He catches her on the blind side,Lord and removes the scales from her eyes, opens her ears and softens her heart and promps her to repent and receive the blessings and forgiveness of Jesus Christ our saviour God......Amen

That's my prayer for you Faith and your mum....eric

Oh Eric thank you so much for your prayers for my mum and I...it truly has touched me...and thankyou for sharing your personal side as well. God truly is good.

I WILL NOT give up on her as long as I have breath...Amen on your conversion to Christ Eric the Lord is so wonderful and us younger folk can learn much from you... ;)

You know mother tried to topp herself as well...and when she is feeling down and lonely and slowed down enough to think and look at her life, who does she call? me! I know mother loves me and is seeking the truth and I am very gentle with her when she calls and I give her that truth....she seems to listen you know and there seems to be a softening there then WHAM! something happens and she's off running again...mother is a extremely attractive woman for her age and man does she use it to get what she wants and doors just fling wide open for her...she's a somewhat cultrued refined lady and she uses that to her advantage out there in the world...but she is so unhappy and I see it in her face and in her eyes...

Anyway thanks so much Eric....I wont give up on her at all :P

Blessings and Love to you

Faith1

My grandmother got saved at an older age, when she was getting deaf she couldn't hear the preacher in her church anymore and her daughter (who got saved some years before) took her to her church where everything was alot louder, it was there the Lord took ahold of her, she even got baptised and was a great testemony to her family until she died, I believe it was through her prayers that the Lord saved me......

Angels ;)

Angels,

How wonderful that your gran came to the Lord later in life as well..Amen to that sister. And you are probably right that it was through her prayers that you came to Christ..

Our Lord is in the business of saving folks no matter what their age or disability...Amen!

Blessings

Faith1

You may all think I am crazy but I wouldn't let my pet get a chip either. I figure if God doesn't want me to have anything to do with the chip and it is the mark of the beast why would I let my pet get one? If they want to track us, and us not have the chip, they could do so through our animals.

As for older people accepting Jesus: My dad did not accept Jesus until two weeks before he died.

Gary and I were in Oklahoma and they called us home because daddy was dying. I prayed and cried the entire 8 hour drive that the Lord would save my dad before he died. I would not let go until the Lord told me that daddy was going to be saved. As we pulled into the hospital parking lot I received a release that daddy would be saved before he died.

We walked into the cardiac care unit and the doctor said that daddy only had hours to live. I talked to daddy and there was no evidence of salvation. I went out and found a quiet place and told the Lord that it was His will that all come to His saving knowledge. I told the Lord that He had promised me that daddy would be saved and that daddy was dying. I also told the Lord that I would not let go of daddy until he was saved and once he was saved that I would release daddy and then He could take him home. This was before my WOF years. Believe it or not my dad got up and walked out of the hospital a few days later. He was still sick though.

This very same scenario took place in the same hospital and the same month 4 years in a row. By the fourth year I knew daddy had to accept the Lord but did not know how. I beat on more hospital walls and prayed for my dad's salvation so earnestly for four years. That was my main goal in life at that time was to pray for my dad's salvation. It meant everything to me. I could not let him die in sin. During these four years when daddy was home he wanted his legs rubbed. That was a "no-no." So I would take lotion and gently put it on his legs without rubbing them and I would pray over him and his legs and pray for daddy's salvation while I had my hands on him. Daddy would not let anyone else touch him it had to be me because he said that I was the only one who could make his legs feel better. I tried to tell daddy that I was praying and that is what made his legs feel better. He would say, "Well, I don't know what you are doing but you sure make me feel better." When in the hospital he would not let anyone touch his legs but me for the very same reason.

He was back in the same hospital again and in the same month of September and still no salvation. Two weeks before daddy died our preacher went and talked to him and daddy accepted Jesus. I told the Lord that he could take him home now and two weeks later He did. Did I shed a tear? Just one and that was a selfish reason. Daddy and I were very close and I did not want to be without him. I was a daddy's girl. The Lord did something else in His infinite wisdom to help me.

The minute I started to cry the Lord gave me a vision of daddy in heaven. I had always wanted to see daddy praising God because he used to make fun of me for praising my Lord. Anyway, I was given a vision and daddy was on his knees bent over with his face in his hands before the throne of God and was praising God. He was on a glass like floor that I could see up through. I could not see God on the throne but knew he was there and I could see part of the throne. The Lord was gracious and let me see this vision during the entire time of prepariing for the funeral and during the funeral. The minute the funeral was over and the Lord knew I could handle things without falling to pieces he let me hear what daddy was saying. These are the last words I ever heard my dad say, "Why didn't I know it could be on earth like it is in heaven?" The vision was no longer there. I can still see it in my minds eye and still hear my dad saying those things to our Father who is sitting on the throne. I took that as meaning in our prayer life we can get so close to God that we can be in His presence. When can go straight to our Father in our time of need to the throne room of God.

At the time I didn't know the Bible said anything about a sea of glass. It was really amazing. Would I have my dad back on this earth? Not a chance. He is with our heavenly Father and there is not doubt about that. I would not have him on this earth sick and in sin for anything. The Lord loved me enough to even show me that my dad was with Him right at that moment. One of the requests I had made was that I truly know that daddy was saved. Our preacher came by the house the night daddy got saved and with all of the people there I readily released daddy into our Father's hands. I actually heard people say during the funeral that I was in shock. I was not in shock, I was watching what my Father had to show me and it was beautiful. How could I cry for my dad when I saw him praising our Father?

It is never too late for anyone to come to Jesus even until their dying breathe.

Dove,

(I got your PMs and still waiting to hear back and as soon as I know about transport uou and Calam will be the first to know - just on board for a few minutes)

What a gracious loving awesome Father we serve. I believe the same as you so sis - that until ones dying breath there is till hope and we must continue on and seek His face for our loved ones salvation.

I thank God He placed you to care for your father, it is obvious He used you as a means to your daddys salvation and then to be blessed with such a wonderful vision of seeing your daddy praising God in heaven...Oh dove how incredible is our Heavenly Father. Praise God for His salvation so full and so free. :il:

You know my mum has been calling me last night and this morning as she knows some of what my circumstances are and how now they are in the process of changing....I have been able to use that to witness to her.

She think it's all because of my hard work! LOL I say NO it's because I am a child of God and he knows my circumstances and it is becuase of the prayers of the faithful and righteous why my circumstances are about to change...she pondered that a wee bit and called me back and asked me how can I believe that a God I do not see and cannot hear can be so interested in my mundane life LOL....and that I can attribute my changes in circumstance to Him?

Well I'm sure you can imagine what I gently told her...

But you know the great thing is that she said when we are together over the Christmas holidays she would like to talk to me some more...it's a funny thing because she has never asked me that before....but she wants to keep our little 'God conversation private' lol....she reminded me of Nicodemus when she said that to me how he went to the Lord by night and asked him concerning salvation....

I have seen that God not only works in our own circumstances for His glory and our good but He also uses it mightly in the unsaved....

I am praying that mother and I will have a good opportunity to sit quietly and talk about my Father so I may show her just how much He loves her and desires her to come to Him.

Like your daddy Dove I too will continue on in prayer for my mum...

Thanks so much for sharing that especially now that mother seems willing to talk some more when I see her.

God truly is good and deserves our humble thanks and praise. Amen!

Love Ya sis

F1

Faith, I will be praying that you and your mother have a chance to be alone and that she accepts Jesus and that she will learn and grow with Him daily.