• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

The liberals use scare tactics to keep the people in step.

I can remember growing up and being told that we were all gonna die because of nukes and russia.Then it was a new ice age during the 78 blizzards, then it was the ozone layer being destroyed, the Y2K,and now its global warming.All these scare tactics did was raise taxes on us and regulate everything we ate,drank and used. I remember using aerosol cans before they were banned.I remember leaded gas, before it was banned. I remember paper bags before we were told that we were killing trees and would lose our oxygen and die.

Give it up, we are smart enough to see the scare tactics.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

The liberals use scare tactics to keep the people in step.

I can remember growing up and being told that we were all gonna die because of nukes and russia.Then it was a new ice age during the 78 blizzards, then it was the ozone layer being destroyed, the Y2K,and now its global warming.All these scare tactics did was raise taxes on us and regulate everything we ate,drank and used. I remember using aerosol cans before they were banned.I remember leaded gas, before it was banned. I remember paper bags before we were told that we were killing trees and would lose our oxygen and die.

Give it up, we are smart enough to see the scare tactics.

It isn't just liberals who use scare tactics. In fact, it seems the prevailing arguement to stay in Iraq today is that "the terrorists will come and get us if we withdraw"! It works both ways, on both sides of the spectrum.

And, not to nitpick, but aerosol cans and leaded gas WERE proven to be harmful to health. I am currently taking a pop health class discussing outdoor/indoor pollutants etc.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Are you really under the impression that we're unable to harm the environment? I worked for the NOAA (gov't oceanographic agency) for two years and I can tell you otherwise. There are massive dead zones in the ocean (dead, read: devoid of all life) because of fertilizer runoff from farms. They span thousands of miles. Just one example of human damage. Global warming aside, gas guzzling cars generate pollution that WE ALL breathe. You think you're sticking it to the greenies? You're sticking it to your grandkids, buddy.

Oh my poor, poor grandkids :thumbsup: How will God ever care for them? Its to bad that he created such a pathetically weak environment that couldn't hold up to the force of His created beings. Whatever.

You working for the gov't on this issue tells me ONE THING...you are compromised. Truth is, there is life in "dead zones" just not the life you think should be there. You also CONVENIENTLY forgot to mention that "dead zones" are formed naturally too. Why mention that when it really doesn't fit in with your hysteria driven master plan.

Funny how so many people are worried about "gas guzzling" cars and yet I NEVER see a horse and buggy on the road...which is just about how often I see one of those crap electric cars.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Funny how so many people are worried about "gas guzzling" cars and yet I NEVER see a horse and buggy on the road...which is just about how often I see one of those crap electric cars.

Because no one is advocating a complete pollution shut down! People can do their part by carpooling, or only driving when necessary, or by biking to certain places, etc etc. You don't need to stop doing what you normally do completely to help the environment.

Besides, regulating driving also saves you some money, considering how expensive gas is getting. It benefits pretty much everyone to pollute and drive less.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Don't worry...you'll hate the court too when they overturn hoe vs. Wade.

All that will happen is that it will be turned back to the states, where it belongs. And of course the feminists will get into an uproar.

You know what irks me? This week I had to fill out a MANDATORY form that listed EVERYTHING about my transportation to and from my workplace. Then I HAD to give my address so they could verify my info in regards to distance travelled, and the time it takes me to get to work. Yeah, in my state its mandatory for me to give that info. Its a violation of my personal freedom and rights to give that info to a gov't agency...and yet I don't hear "you people" crying about it. You will use ANY angle to violate my rights as an American and as a person to save teh "environment." Well guess what? I think thats stupid and I won't make it easy.

Wow, why did you have to do this? My sister lives in Arizona, and she never had to do this, that I know of.

This isn't media fear mongering though, this is a supreme court case decision.

A hundred years from now, should the Lord tarry, this decision, and the whole "earth first" movement will be a joke.

Yeah, but by then, they will have bankrupted us by making us pay for the whole bogus movement.

Are you really under the impression that we're unable to harm the environment? I worked for the NOAA (gov't oceanographic agency) for two years and I can tell you otherwise. There are massive dead zones in the ocean (dead, read: devoid of all life) because of fertilizer runoff from farms. They span thousands of miles. Just one example of human damage. Global warming aside, gas guzzling cars generate pollution that WE ALL breathe. You think you're sticking it to the greenies? You're sticking it to your grandkids, buddy.

And THIS is why we should be concerned about protecting the environment, not because of some bogus "global warming" nonsense.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Wow, why did you have to do this? My sister lives in Arizona, and she never had to do this, that I know of.

I've had to do it ever since this global warming stuff started. Its cuz I work for the state, and they have to give the appearance that they are doing their part to curb global warming. As a supervisor I am required to discipline anyone who doesn't turn it in. Its bogus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1981

You think those of us who don't buy into the ridiculous scare tactics of the modern political environmental movement don't care for the environment.

No, and I never made such a claim. I specifically mentioned those who oppose caring for the environment would be looked at with moral scorn in the future.

First, many of us love the environment.

I never claimed otherwise.

Third, the earth is a big place buddy; I highly doubt man can destroy it.

I never said we would destroy it. But our actions can lead to suffering and death for countless animals and humans.