• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

He is sinning, he is unrepentant, and he wishes to lead a congregation?! GIVE ME A BREAK. This man isn't fit to lead the Jelly of the month club, nevermind a church.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well, of course he ought to step down. If he hasn't the common decency to do that, then denominational authorities ought to remove him.

However, if he's Pastor of an 'independent church,' no one has the authority to make him step down; the congregation needs to "vote with their feet."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

The flock will be poorly led by this unrepentent sinner, who violated his marriage and then compounds it by divorce and marriage to the woman he cheated on his wife with. If he cant be removed, then the flock needs to stand up as one and walk out of his church.

Guest lovinghim4ever
Well, of course he ought to step down. If he hasn't the common decency to do that, then denominational authorities ought to remove him.

However, if he's Pastor of an 'independent church,' no one has the authority to make him step down; the congregation needs to "vote with their feet."

It is an "independent church" and many have left already, but their hearts are broken; my heart is broken.

This man taught classes at Bible College as well. I attended those classes. I too feel so betrayed.

So, what do we all do with the things he taught us in Bible College? I loved Bible College.

He has devastated the whole community.

:):(:taped:

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

It is an "independent church" and many have left already, but their hearts are broken; my heart is broken.

This man taught classes at Bible College as well. I attended those classes. I too feel so betrayed.

So, what do we all do with the things he taught us in Bible College? I loved Bible College.

:):(:taped:

As has been said on this board before, God speaks when and through whom He chooses. When He chooses to speak through an ass, it opens its mouth and speaks. Don't disregard all the teachings as false -- but certainly be willing to take a second examination. This should be your approach with every teacher of scripture -- look into it for yourself to determine if it's truly in accordance wth God's Word.

Sadly, it's easy to put a pastor on a pedestal, and so be devastated by his fall. What's truly tragic here is that there are some whose faith is probably in trouble because they had put it in this man, instead of in a -firm- foundation in Christ. This is why teachers and preachers are judged more harshly, according to Scripture.

:emot-heartbeat:

:th_praying:

:emot-questioned::emot-questioned::emot-questioned:

:th_praying:

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jude 1:4

It's not the "church" you're are in.....

It's The LORD!

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
John 15:3:5

Glory! Glory! Glory!

Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
John 15:8-9

Love, Joe

Guest lovinghim4ever

:noidea::taped::wub:

As has been said on this board before, God speaks when and through whom He chooses. When He chooses to speak through an ass, it opens its mouth and speaks. Don't disregard all the teachings as false -- but certainly be willing to take a second examination. This should be your approach with every teacher of scripture -- look into it for yourself to determine if it's truly in accordance wth God's Word.

Sadly, it's easy to put a pastor on a pedestal, and so be devastated by his fall. What's truly tragic here is that there are some whose faith is probably in trouble because they had put it in this man, instead of in a -firm- foundation in Christ. This is why teachers and preachers are judged more harshly, according to Scripture.

Yes, but in this day and age can we really trust that the a** will tell us the truth?

:wub:

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

:emot-questioned::emot-questioned::emot-questioned:

Yes, but in this day and age can we really trust that the a** will tell us the truth?

:whistling:

Again, even the Scripture says to measure what is taught against the Word. The Bible is your measure. If what he's taught lines up, use it. If it strays, throw it out. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom,

This is truly heartbreaking.

Yes, he is an unrepentant sinner.

No, he has no business preaching or leading anyone. The Bible says it will be held against him.

Personally, I would not take anything that this man says as truth because he is deceived and rebellious. I would not accept any of his teaching because he is hardening his heart and walking in intentional sin. Such a man cannot be trusted to hear from G-d correctly.

If I were in his church, I would leave. I would pray for this man, his poor family and the "other woman" who is just as culpable in this sin. And I would not accept any of his teaching, for this man does not walk in the truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I feel bad for his family, they go through so much pain... :emot-questioned:

I do agree with all the other people that he should step down, what ecxuus does he have?

I agree with Ted let him study on how to be a exemple:

Invite the Pastor to preach on these verses and see how his heart changes regarding the matter.

1Ti 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1Ti 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

1Ti 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

1Ti 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Ask him gently how he can reconcile these verses with his current situation.