• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

What do you mean by "Born again"?

I think people use this phrase a lot and don't know what it really means? So I'm curious what it really means to you?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I think people use this phrase a lot and don't know what it really means? So I'm curious what it really means to you?

John 3: 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him." 3 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." 4 "How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!" 5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Edited by JB Horn

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

John 3: 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him." 3 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." 4 "How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!" 5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

My meagre understanding of being born again is that spiritual things are spiritually discerned, so we need the spirit of God to bring us into an understanding of the devine realm. The Word of God is revealed through devine revelation, so to get a handle on what is written and what it means, needs to be interpreted through the Spirit of the Lord. So for me, being Born Again means conception in the spiritual instead of in the earthly realm and to be born in the likeness of Christ.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

Being "born again" is something that all Chrisitans experience upon their acceptance of Jesus' sacrifice for them, and receiving the Grace that God has given through this death and resurrection. Before this time in their lives, all people are spiritually dead. They have no hope of salvation or eternal life. When a person becomes Christian, they are now alive, they are in essence spiritually reborn. As Jesus says in John's Gospel - "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." (John 3:3). No one can see salvation without being reborn.

However, there is a group of Christians that refer to themselves as specifically "Born Again Christians". I'm not sure what they believe, and I don't know if they truly are Christian-like in their behaviours and actions. It does seem superfluous to call themselves Born Again's, because by definition, all Chrsitians have been born again.

All the best,

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

To be born again means to be born of the Spirit of God. It is the birth of our spirit. The point at which man passes from death to life. And those who are born again, are God

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Here are three great sites that provide some good understanding for both adults and teens.

What does it mean to be a born again Christian?

Got Questions

What do people mean by being

Edited by PBob

• Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Great links Pbob

So I guess my next question is being born again does that only mean by confession of mouth or does it include baptisim as well?

I realize confession by mouth should come first, but when does baptism fit or not?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

PBob - are you implying by your post that if someone does not manifest the '10 evidences' then they are not born again?