Liz4JC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Well this might be irrelevant to most people here. But according to the 3 wise mens "prophet", that was the first religion to mention "paradise", and "hell", limbo was where you didnt suffer or thriwe, it was the place of good unbelivers.

And to add, catholics have their own system. Priests can "excommunicate", stopping people from going to heaven, and the pope decides things like mother mary going up in smoke when she died.

Wow, how diverse...

And how very obtuse...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Well this might be irrelevant to most people here. But according to the 3 wise mens "prophet", that was the first religion to mention "paradise", and "hell", limbo was where you didnt suffer or thriwe, it was the place of good unbelivers.

And to add, catholics have their own system. Priests can "excommunicate", stopping people from going to heaven, and the pope decides things like mother mary going up in smoke when she died.

Wow, how diverse...

And how very obtuse...

Who, me? :)

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Wow, how diverse...

And how very obtuse...

Who, me? :)

No! the other one - - - - - Arash the Archer I'm agreen-wiv-ya!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Wow, how diverse...

And how very obtuse...

Who, me? :whistling:

Whew! :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  248
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Well, well, well! The infallible Pope has finally seen the light and officially abolished Limbo.

Read the full report here:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5001028,00.html

Pope abolishes limbo

April 21, 2007 12:00

Article from: Agence France-Presse.

THE Vatican has determined that limbo does not exist, opening the gates of heaven to babies who die unbaptised, a member of a high-level theological commission.

Infants go to Heaven if they happen to die before reaching the age of reason.

Infants are not lost due to the fact that they are not old enough to be held responsible for their sins and therefore could not repent of known sins. Also, they cannot be candidates for water baptism which is a symbol of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and a testimony to the world that the individual has been saved from a life of sin and that he is walking in newness of life.

Only personal disciples and followers of Jesus Christ are commanded to REPENT and be BAPTIZED (Matt. 28:19-20; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2:38-39).

What sane adult could believe that a tiny infant who has not even reached the age of reason could deliberately commit sin? and how, how could an infant that cannot even speak, repent of sin if it were possible they did sin?

Haz.

Thank you for posting the article on this topic. :)

Liz

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  313
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Wow, how diverse...

And how very obtuse...

who me :o

Catholics also have many gods. They have a saint they pray to for curing canser, even one for baldness. They pray to God to if you can beive that about catholics

Who, me? :o

Whew! :b:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Wait a sec. Maybe New Jersey is actually Purgatory. :b:

New Jersey is the garden state...

that means it is Paradise.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Wait a sec. Maybe New Jersey is actually Purgatory. :b:

New Jersey is the garden state...

that means it is Paradise.

I still don't get it? Or are you guys joking?? sometimes I miss stuff...I am kind of stupid..or a better way to put it is that I am not smart

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

If you look back thru threads on "salvation", "baptism", etc. you will clearly see that there in no agreement in the Protestant Church about what happens to those who die without baptism and without knowing Jesus: babies, children, the mentally retarded, the mentally ill, those who died before hearing the Gospel, those who live in parts of the world where Christianity is demonized, etc.

I was once told by a Protestant minister (and many here would agree) that a young, devout Jewish child is destined for hell. I find that hard to reconcile with a merciful, loving God.

Limbo was simply a theological hypothesis attempting to explain what happens to these people when they die, in light of God's mercy and grace. It was NEVER a teaching, belief or doctrine.

The Church attempts to instruct and explain to believers how to live in Christ. It does not "stop people from going to heaven".

Excommunication, though rarely used, is a Biblical principle for dealing with believers guilty of serious, persistent, unrepented sin.

Also, and most importantly, the Church does not send people to New Jersey or Michigan. They go there of their own volition---why? I don't know. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Fiosh

:o

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I usually go to New Jersey for great Pasta. :o Not absolution.

I've never been to Michigan although I hear it has a Lovely Lake and that there are alot of people there waiting to go to heaven. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave