• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I'll take natural over medical any day. All medicines have side effects, some deadly. I'd use them only as a last resort. I'd rather go to a chiropractor, D. O., or naturopath than a medical doctor. All they know is drugs and surgery.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I'll take natural over medical any day. All medicines have side effects, some deadly. I'd use them only as a last resort. I'd rather go to a chiropractor, D. O., or naturopath than a medical doctor. All they know is drugs and surgery.

I rather go to a chiropractor than to my dr. but my insurance wont pay for chiropractic care unless the dr refers me to one :th_praying: I remember my mother going to a naturopath for a while. Not sure what was going on with the naturopath, but he got my mothers money, and my mother now needs to be in a phsychriatic hospital. However, when my cousin got bone cancer and had the leg and cancer removed, one of the relatives brought a hair sample from my cousin to a naturopath. He did what ever tests he does and stated that my cousin had cancer throughout his body. My cousin died one year later of lung cancer. However, I would rather use herbs than prescription medicines for just about anything.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Last November my husband had his bladder removed from cancer. I am going to call a friend of mine and get some things that are natural to give him that will help him. I have heard good things about the natural medicines. I don't think they should be used instead of the medicines doctors give you but with the other meds I think they are OK.

Guest Biblicist

My mother in law goes to a chiro-crack-tor :th_praying: that is also a homeopathic doctor. When I can afford it I'm going to go to him too. I used to go to the chripractor, worked wonders for my back. Now I can't afford it but I keep my spine strong with exercises.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I have NO problem with acupuncture and herbs. In fact, over the last year or so I weened myself off most of my prescription medications and replaced them with natural, mostly herbal supplements. I don't think herbs and natural "remedies" have anything to do with mysticism; G-d came up with the plants, the Chinese were smart enough to try them first.

I have acupuncture done on a regular basis for pain relief and it works like...dare I say? Magic? :laugh::laugh::rolleyes:

I don't feel comfortable with hypnosis. Plus I am very skeptical about it.

Shalom,

AMEN!!

G-d created the plants with medicinal actions. He gave them to us for our good. Just because some people worship them doesn't make the herbs themselves evil.

Now, hypnosis, and even homeopathy, muscle testing etc. are not herbs, but weird stuff.

We've have excellent results with good quality herbal medicines, but we stay away from the mysticism stuff.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

What do you think of alternative medicines?

E.g. Natropathy, Acupuncture, Hypnotism, Chinese Medicine etc...

Should Christians use them?

I wouldn't. Most of those things reek of mysticism.

Then you won't be taking pharmaceuticals either i am guessing since they are form ayervedic as well as herbal medicines.

Guest LadyC

muscle testing is weird? that's really interesting news to me, since testing a muscle's strength is a critical part of diagnosing many illnesses and abnormalities, whether the person doing it is a reflexologist or an M.D.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

muscle testing is weird? that's really interesting news to me, since testing a muscle's strength is a critical part of diagnosing many illnesses and abnormalities, whether the person doing it is a reflexologist or an M.D.

i didn't see anything that would be unbiblical listed. I subscribe to the belief that if you discount, reject any form of medicine, that you would be a fool for doing so as modern medicine doesn't even come close to curing anything.

All modern medicine does is reactionary. the naturopathic, ayervedic, herbal, and other forms of alternative medicines are preventive. IF you practice the preventive, you don't need the reactive

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

What do you think of alternative medicines?

E.g. Natropathy, Acupuncture, Hypnotism, Chinese Medicine etc...

Should Christians use them?

I wouldn't. Most of those things reek of mysticism.

Then you won't be taking pharmaceuticals either i am guessing since they are form ayervedic as well as herbal medicines.

Anything that has a Hindu influence (Ayurvedic?) and I discover that---forget that! Many herbals have goodness in them. Aloe is a good thing, for example. But basic pharmaceuticals--if i need an antibiotic? Yep, you better believe it!

My doctor, Dr. Jehovah, says it's ok so far.

Guest LadyC

keep in mind, all modern medicines are either derivitives or synthetic versions of what we find in nature. :rolleyes:

did you know your basic aspirin is a synthetic medication that contains (in part) the same ingredient found in white willow bark?

i hate antibiotics. i avoid them like the plague. i'd much rather use something natural because i ALWAYS get yeast infections from antibiotics.