• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Psalms

Chapter 5

1 For the leader; with wind instruments. A psalm of David.

Hear my words, O LORD; listen to my sighing.

Hear my cry for help, my king, my God! To you I pray, O LORD;

at dawn you will hear my cry; at dawn I will plead before you and wait.

You are not a god who delights in evil; no wicked person finds refuge with you;

the arrogant cannot stand before you. You hate all who do evil;

you destroy all who speak falsely. Murderers and deceivers the LORD abhors.

But I can enter your house because of your great love. I can worship in your holy temple because of my reverence for you, LORD.

Guide me in your justice because of my foes; make straight your way before me.

2 For there is no sincerity in their mouths; their hearts are corrupt. Their throats are open graves; on their tongues are subtle lies.

Declare them guilty, God; make them fall by their own devices. Drive them out for their many sins; they have rebelled against you.

Then all who take refuge in you will be glad and forever shout for joy. Protect them that you may be the joy of those who love your name.

For you, LORD, bless the just; you surround them with favor like a shield.

Did anybody ever accuse you falsely?

When we live for the Lord we will defentially be falsely accused or slandered in one way or another, how do you respond ?

Do you turn the other cheek or do you deefend yourself to the bitter end?

Davis was giving it all to the Lord excpecting God to defend us against all the slander .

God is our resque and help in need.

David did not have a easy life, King Saul tried to kill him and there was no safe place for him to hide.

Instead of taking things in his own hands he choose to trust the Lord.

When somebody attacks us what do we do?

Look at the versus above do we trust God like David?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist

Yes I was, I walked away. There really isn't much defending you can do with an entire church.

God took care of the situation without any help from me. ;)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Yes, 2 weeks ago by the schizophrenic wife of my boss! She feigned praying for me loudly in the office, telling God that I am evil...it was terrible! Horrendous!

I continued working until my normal last day on Thursday, holding my head up high, with the dignity only the Holy Spirit can give. I felt like dirt, but Jesus loves me and He will lift me up in due time.

I am praying God will bless me with a good job of His choosing. In the meantime I am spring cleaning and going to garden and enjoy the grandchildren!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/28/1967

Yes, 2 weeks ago by the schizophrenic wife of my boss! She feigned praying for me loudly in the office, telling God that I am evil...it was terrible! Horrendous!

I continued working until my normal last day on Thursday, holding my head up high, with the dignity only the Holy Spirit can give. I felt like dirt, but Jesus loves me and He will lift me up in due time.

I am praying God will bless me with a good job of His choosing. In the meantime I am spring cleaning and going to garden and enjoy the grandchildren!

Thank you for that verse, this is a verse that is very personal to me, this is how the Holy Spirit claimed me and gave me confidents in very trying time when satan was having me to doubt my salvation. I also like Isaiah 43:1 - 4 where God is saying I called you by name, you are mine. also ....you are honored and "I love you" I love it when I find the message "I love you" from God himself in the Bible. Just last week I was acused at work of siding with the VT killer, which I would never do, just because I quoted a news report online. I explained myself and left it alone, it does distrub me that someone could accused me especially me of such a horrible thing. I am most friendly with everyone. I prayed for that person and I well also prayed that God will protect my job until I find a new one. Because accusations happen to much in my place of employment....I afraid somehow someway it will eventally end up in a law suite for someone and I pray it isn't me...a group of people really like to accuse other at that jobI can see someone not tie to christ really blowing it...i have been unglued even as a christian asking God to keep me together and show me a better place

Jesus also said in John 10:4 - 5 When a shepard has bought out hs sheep he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger, in fact, they will run away from himbecause they do not recognize a stranger's voice. there are many voices I do not recognize in this world of work today and also the churches...I have to get by myself and ask God to speak to me...in his word (BIble) in songs... Victories...and answered prayer so I will never be deceived by satan and his cohorts.

Edited by daughter of Bethlehem

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Psalms

Chapter 5

1 For the leader; with wind instruments. A psalm of David.

Hear my words, O LORD; listen to my sighing.

Hear my cry for help, my king, my God! To you I pray, O LORD;

at dawn you will hear my cry; at dawn I will plead before you and wait.

You are not a god who delights in evil; no wicked person finds refuge with you;

the arrogant cannot stand before you. You hate all who do evil;

you destroy all who speak falsely. Murderers and deceivers the LORD abhors.

But I can enter your house because of your great love. I can worship in your holy temple because of my reverence for you, LORD.

Guide me in your justice because of my foes; make straight your way before me.

2 For there is no sincerity in their mouths; their hearts are corrupt. Their throats are open graves; on their tongues are subtle lies.

Declare them guilty, God; make them fall by their own devices. Drive them out for their many sins; they have rebelled against you.

Then all who take refuge in you will be glad and forever shout for joy. Protect them that you may be the joy of those who love your name.

For you, LORD, bless the just; you surround them with favor like a shield.

Did anybody ever accuse you falsely?

When we live for the Lord we will defentially be falsely accused or slandered in one way or another, how do you respond ?

Do you turn the other cheek or do you deefend yourself to the bitter end?

Davis was giving it all to the Lord excpecting God to defend us against all the slander .

God is our resque and help in need.

David did not have a easy life, King Saul tried to kill him and there was no safe place for him to hide.

Instead of taking things in his own hands he choose to trust the Lord.

When somebody attacks us what do we do?

Look at the versus above do we trust God like David?

These two trust God for an immediate response as did Elijah.

Revelation 11

3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."

5 And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner.

6 These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Psalms 111

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

Thank you for this Psalm and these thoughts. I am still waiting for vindication from some accusations made of me by someone I love and that really hurts. I tried reasoning with the person concerned and explaining but it didn't work. I just have to wait now for God to show them the truth and it's so hard waiting!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

You know schrizophrenic people are call themself very religious and are very decieved in their thinking, it must have been so hard for you to listen to all she had to say ,she should not be around the people who work for her husband when she's in a state like this :thumbsup:

Are there other people working where you were?

I believe God will find you another job ,spring cleaning is quite a job isn't it? :thumbsup:

Thank you for this Psalm and these thoughts. I am still waiting for vindication from some accusations made of me by someone I love and that really hurts. I tried reasoning with the person concerned and explaining but it didn't work. I just have to wait now for God to show them the truth and it's so hard waiting!

It hurts the most when loved ones accuse you or slander you , but you know that God IS in controle and HE will deal with this for your sake.

Give it to the Lord and wait on Him, His timing is not ours and believe me He will answer you prayer when you cry out to Him, He's our Father who created the world is anything too big for Him ? :thumbsup:

Revelation 11

3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."

5 And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner.

6 These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire.

Psalms 111

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.

What does this have to do with being accused falsely?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Revelation 11

Psalms 111

What does this have to do with being accused falsely?

No one would want to harm them without falsely accusing them of something. Just like they did to our Lord and Savior. They accused our Lord of blasphemy and crucified and killed Him. When in fact the Lord upset the devils with the truth that promised to remove their false kingdom from the earth. This time in the day of wrath the Lords messengers will be intolerant of such behavior and will resort to the Elijah way of doing things. Then the Lord will finish it when He returns with His army of saints as shown to us in the second chapter of Joel.