IGNORED

Do You Go To Church?

Guest lovinghim4ever

Guest lovinghim4ever

I use to attend church on Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night. Now, I only attend church on Sunday morning. Why? Well, there's really no GOOD reason, but . . .

When I first accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior I was taught that I should be in church every time the doors are open, so I was there. I didn't quite understand it all, but I practically lived at church. I even attended Saturday night prayer meetings on a regular basis. I began to feel tired. It seemed that my whole life was CHURCH. It seemed I had NO time for anything but church. My new found friends pushed and pushed and pushed. I believe they pushed in love, but I would feel very guilty if I missed even one service for any reason; even if it were a legitimate reason. Then, I attended an acredited Bible College for about 5 years and achieved a Doctorate of Scriptural Psychology degree.

During all this time I was living for God according to the way I thought others felt I should be living, and I didn't want to disappoint anyone. Well, after many years of living for others I began to re-evaluate my own life and my own beliefs. I have now stepped back from the legalities of church involvement to get alone with God ito find out what HE wants for me. Since I have been on this "soul-searching journey" I have been more at peace than ever before. No, I'm not saying that God doesn't want me at church more often. I am saying that I don't let guilt rule my quantity of church attendance. I let God's peace rule my quality of church attendance. I do read and study the Bible. I do have a relationship with God. I do pray and communicate with Him. I have always done these things, but now it is truly on a more personal level.

We, individually, have to know what is God's best for us. Your best may not be my best, and my best may not be your best. However, that doesn't mean either of us are any better or any worse than the other. It just means we are different, and I believe God likes variety.

:24::20::noidea:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1987

I go to church on sunday mornings and I attend a Bible study on Sunday nights. I don't think it matters how many times you go to church, but I just really enjoy it because I just feel so accepted at my church! So church is a really nice chance to fellowship with other believers!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

I haven't gone out of my own power for several years.

Guest lovinghim4ever
I go to church on sunday mornings and I attend a Bible study on Sunday nights. I don't think it matters how many times you go to church, but I just really enjoy it because I just feel so accepted at my church! So church is a really nice chance to fellowship with other believers!

Yes, I agree. I too enjoy the fellowship.

:24::20::noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Oh boy, this'll likely heat up.

I go to church once on Sunday (no regular Sunday night service), Sunday School, and on Wednesday night. We have a monthly Women's Ministries group and I go to that. We also have weekly prayer services and monthly hymn-sings, which I also attend. Not to mention church dinners and socials, that I love, and usually end up cooking for. I just love church and the church folk. They're not perfect, but then neither am I, and we're better together.

Guest Biblicist

I attend church every time I have the opportunity, i.e. every time the doors are open, for one reason. Not because my mother told me we should or because my denomination teaches it; nor because someone would be dissapointed if I don't; but because my Bible tells me I ought to.

After everything Christ went through for me, the least I could do is attend services to worship Him with other believers. I think it matters to Him a great deal!

Deuteronomy 31:12-13 12 Assemble the people

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I do go to church as much as I am physicaly able. I do not go to attend. I go to serve. I believe we need to be there for others and also for ourselves and to go for God.

There is great joy in going for God and to be help to others. Involvement as this is how it should be. I hear all too oft people whom I meet in the street say why should they go to chruch and talk of waht they can get out of chruch. (not at ours though) anyway, we are to go with a giving spirit, wiling vessels, not jus for ourselves, and I think go to give, that is the Christ Love Way.

Blesssings,

elkie

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/04/1971

I don't go as much as I should. Mainly cause of laziness. But I know I need church. There also has to be balance. If church takes up so much of your time, and your neglecting your family, then there's a problem. Someone once said something that made sense to me too. "What you do out of church is more important than what you do in church." Many out there are Sunday Saints and Monday sinners.

Edited by LynD

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/12/1988

I am unable to go to church due to the fact that I live far from the city, that churches are really rare over here in the Middle East and that I've got serious transportation problems.

I do go on chat regularly and I know that the bible says that where 3 (2?) or more gather, There am I. So worthychat is church for me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I've gone a few times in the last several years. I share a lot of views with the op has expressed. Most of what goes on at "church" is just peer pressure and guilt trip. Sorry, but that is just the way it is.

Several years ago I had a good job and was going to church 4 and 5 times a week. Upon wondering where all my money was going, I discovered that by the time you counted offering, buying Bible commentary, and travel expenses, I was spending over half my income at church or traveling to church, then wondering why I had so little money to spend to pay off bills or buy things I wanted. The fact is, I was the pastors' slave.

lol...so your solution was to quit going to church in order to stop giving your money to the Lord? Brilliant!

What some of you are calling "peer pressure" or "guilt" for not attending church...is actually accountability. Every member of a church is a vitally important part of the body...and yes...its important to others that you are there. How would you feel if your knee took a day off from serving your body? A church body wants to be able to count on its members, it NEEDS its members to be actively involved...even when you are not gathered together under the same roof. In the same way you expect ALL of your body parts to function when you wake up in the morning...The body of Christ should be able to function as well.

If you can't be bothered to attend a weekly service to praise, learn, and be part of the body...then chances are you aren't much good for the body during the week either.