• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Luke chapter 21.

Peter felt terrible about what he did, so he decided to get it off his mind by returning to his old life, as a fisherman. He got a few of the other disciples to go with him fishing in the Sea of Tiberias. They went out and fished.... and fished, and fished. However, they didn't get ANYTHING. Then, someone called out to them. Keep in mind, they didn't know who it was! The voice asked them if they had caught anything. They hadn't! What is this? Peter, a professional fisherman, hadn't caught ANYTHING! Then the voice said to throw the net on the right side of the boat.

They did, and they caught SO MANY FISH, that they couldn't even pull them in at first! Surely this was very strange... but then, one of the disciples called out, "It is the Lord!" JESUS had told them to do this! JESUS had rewarded Peter, even AFTER he betrayed him!

Peter jumped into the water, and Jesus said to bring the fish to shore. The disciples towed the fish to shore, and Peter climbed aboard and dragged them onto the shore. There Jesus had a fire burning, and He said, "Bring some of the fish you have caught."

Then.... he invited them all to breakfast. Peter had denied Jesus, but that didn't matter... Jesus still accepted him.

Actually, this account is in John chapter 21.

Good post!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Stay with us Ash. Life is a blessing and you've received that blessing for a REASON.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Actually, this account is in John chapter 21.

Good post!

Thanks much, i fixed the post. I was actually using biblegateway at the time, and the interface messed me up.... plus I was really really tired.

Edited by Kristano Esperanta

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Ash, remember that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

"Lift up your heads all ye gates, and be ye lifted up, ye everlasting doors;

And the King of glory shall come in.

Who is this king of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, The Lord mighty in battle.

Psalms XXIV

Praise and Worship are mighty strong weapons against the enemy of our soul. Scripture is as well.

Here are some things the Lord dealt with me during my season when I desired death.

I had to totally turn my face toward the Lord, I had to press in, I had to spend quality time seeking his face.

I learned that I could totally call out to him ABBA or Daddy. He does care for us. I remember crying and telling him what was going on and how I felt, He totally made me forget what I was crying at the time and I began to ask him what I had just said, he gave me comfort that a true Daddy does to his babe in arms!!

I learned that He could speak to me any way he saw fit!! He would get the word to me.

I found that praise and worship playing in the house was setting an atmosphere in the home. And I could literally put on a "garment of praise" for the spirit of heaviness.

Years later, the Lord told me that I made a covenant with death, because I had been praying for it, I had to repent of that and let it go.

I also learned that "Suicide" is a spirit. I know that we have the right to bind things that do not belong and cast them out. We can command those things to leave in JESUS NAME and believe it. Read the scriptures, find out what it says and take your God given authority as a believer.

I also learned that we must speak Life over our selves. Scripture should be read out loud concerning the issues that we face to build our faith.

We must put our flesh under the submission of our spirit, our spirits need the word of God (word's of life) to grow. We must continually consider what our "word level" is. I know if I watch more t.v. than read the bible, then out of my heart will flow those issues.

I have also learned, while helping others that many people need to repent and denounce any involvement in things that Christians should not be involved in, like witchcraft or other items like that. My grandmother introduced me and my brothers to the ouija board, just one visit to her house opened us up to the enemy.

We must ask God to reveal to us what could be the reason of entry to this spirit and after it is gone ask God to close that door and that He would feel those voids in your life.

Don't give up and please remember that you are his temple. How can he witness to those he called you to witness to if he can't use your body to take Him, what about that mouth- he can't use it if your gone, what about those hands- Please consider the Lord and those who are lost.

I also, during this time learned to keep my mind on others, He often sent simular people with simular issues, I would pray for them, although, I needed the same and He blessed me and he did heal me.

God is good.

LIFT UP YOUR HEADS, O YE GATES; AND BE YE LIFTED UP, YE EVERLASTING DOORS; AND THE KING OF GLORY SHALL COME IN: WHO IS THIS KING OF GLORY? THE LORD STRONG AND MIGHTY, THE LORD MIGHTY IN BATTLE.

blessings to you sister,

candi

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Hi my name is ash and i'm an 18 yr old female christian from sydney, australia

This is the first christian forum i have come across that does not require a million questions just to join

i've come here seeking the help of my fellow cristian community

To put my problem straight out there, I want to commit suicide.

I have for many years and have almost succeeded a few times but failed due to my mother or a friend finding me.

Everyday I fight the urges simply for the fact that I know I will go to hell if I do. But ever since a friend of mine committed suicide last year (she also being a Christian) has made me want to doubt my faith.. I can't stand the fact that I know she's in hell for how can He accept us into heaven when we throw away His gift of life.

I'm starting to actually WANT to not believe just so that i can kill myself without fear, so that I can ignorantly believe that my friend is in heaven..

I pray everyday that somehow my thoughts will leave me.. that I can just want to live..

But this praying has been going on for years and years and still these thoughts still remain..

I've begged and begged for Our Lord to heal me of my mental anguish but without succession.

I've stopped going to church, stopped seeing my counsillor and am on the vurge of dropping out of college despite my impressive grades..

I've turned to this forum anonymously for help and guidence from others..

I have tolerated my head until now and i'm very worried i'll try again.. this time being successful..

I don't want to hurt my fmaily nor God..

I don't know what to do..

Please help me

Dear Ash, I will begin praying for you and many others who deal with the same types of dispair as yours for the following week. But dear heart, you have to realize that much of your disappointment in your life is BECAUSE you have committed yourself to God and you are now born in HIS name/life. This makes you very special to God and very different from the rest of the secular world, which causes you to feel so much sadness/dispair and sometimes hopelessness. We can't truly know if your friend will not be with God because of what I believe and we don't know if your friend had other circumstances that caused her illness to be more severe than yours. The best thing you can do for your friend and your God is to pull yourself together, learn more about our Lord and HIS graces that HE has for YOU ! HE wants you to be happy and have a very fulfilled llife. And to destroy a life like yours that can do soooooooo much for others, would definately disappoint Our Lord, because HE love you and myself and everyone else so much.

I just guessing but if I tell you that much of your unhappiness is due to how sad it makes you to see the way the rest of the world act and behave in your invironment??? I'm sure there are numerous other reasons for feeling as you do, but just know that you can get through these feelings of dispair and you WILL ! But God will see you through all this confusion and what will come out of this is a much stronger and better ASH ! I promise ! If you stick to what you already know about God and HIS promises and never let go of that, God will provide you so much happiness, you won't hardly remember how bad it was one day down the road. I don't know if you realize it but many of us here have been through similar feelings or dispair and desperation at one time or another because it sometimes hurts so much to see others hurting God's people and abusing God earth and destroying their own lives. I know it once affected me that way, so badly that I just wanted to get away from all of it and go off to live alone. But I did get past it . Once I came to realize just what God's plans were for me and what I could do for HIS people, I began to come out of it all. And the more I concentrated and focused on God and HIS word, the better and stronger I got. I no longer want to end it all and now I know that God needs all HIS sheep to do HIS work here on earth. Please join us as we have a lot to do here. You have already begun, whether you realize it or not and you will see just how many peoply have felt the same as yourself. YOU CAN HELP ! It's your choice !

Be Blessed ASH

Cajunboy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Ash---

I have truly been where you are at now. I attempted suicide, and I spent 18 days in a mental health center. It was a good thing. And it has helped me realize that suicide is not the end to our pain. I think that sometimes, when we feel this way, it is because we feel that we don't have anymore options left. That all our options are null and void, and nothing is left for us to do but die. This is so not true.

I also hate myself. I also feel that I am not worthy of God's love. This is a daily struggle. But, ASH!!! Why would He create you if He did not think you were worthy of His love. A mother does not have a child so the child can feel unworthy and full of self hatred and pain. A mother has a child so she can love him or her. In the same manner, God has created us. He has chosen us to be His children, because we have come to Him.

By denying the truth about God's love for you, you are underestimating the love of a real Father.

I urge you to get back into the Word. Something happens when you read the Bible. Even if you have questions about what you are reading, I still believe God blesses you. I always get a feeling of comfort when I read my Bible.

I love you, Ash. I am so sorry about your friend. I don't think you should assume your friend is in hell. We don't know what he or she thought at the last moment she or he was alive. We don't know.

I learned in therapy, that when I have thoughts in my head that are driving me crazy, consider this analogy.

You are the driver in the bus. Your thoughts are the passengers in the bus. They are not good thoughts. Instead of fighting them to leave, give them a can of pop and just let them be there. The less you fight them, the less they will bother you. As a driver of the bus, you have a destination you are going to. Keep your eye on that destination, know matter how loud those thoughts in the back of the bus are getting.

There is a reason you are here, Ash. God does have a purpose for you. I shared with my mother the other day that I just want to go Home. I wish Jesus would just come right now. I have tried so hard to follow Jesus, but I always hit a bump in the road, and because of my self image, I hate myself even more, and want to give up on God. My mother said in return, "But God has a purpose for your life." I have heard that so many times before. And I finally believe it. He has a job for each one of us believers to do. Don't give up on yourself, on God, and most certainly not your therapy. God loves you Ash. You. He is hurting and feels the pain you are carrying inside. I suggest you get down on your knees and cry out to God. Literally.

Please see that you are precious, and worthy of His love. When we accept His gift of salvation, He does not assist in believing that we are not worthy. That is the devil's job.

You can PM me. I can say so much more to you, but I will end here.

Take care and don't give up. Ask God to take away the burden you are feeling for your friend...

Hugs,

Rachel72

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Ash, when I fell into a pit of depression, it was a big pit, and I thought the world was out to get me. I could do nothing right. My boss was trying to get rid of me, and my supervisor was there to torment me everyday. At least that is what i felt and thought. I tried to pray but just ended up crying instead. I could not talk to God without breaking down in tears. There was a turning point. I had to look around at what I actuall did have in my house, and the fact that I had a house, and let God know that I was thankful for what I did have. I had to stop focusing on what I did not have and turn around and let God know that I was very thankful for my children, my job, my transportation, my books, my dishes, and everything else in my house. Once I finished, I was able to ask God for forgiveness for my attitude. I recognized that its not about me, its all about Him. When I got the focus off of me me me, and put it back on God, my perspective of my life turned around and I could then see that my boss was not trying to get rid of me, my supervisor was not tormenting me, and life became good. My life is by no means perfect but it is definately better and worth living. This is my story and not necessarily yours. But I thought I would share, because before I turned my focus around, I could not justify living.

I will be praying for you.

• 4 months later...

Ash i wanted to let you know that if you commit suicide you don't go directly to hell. It doesn't say that in the bible anywhere. I talked to my youth pastor about it because i had a question and he said he don't go directly to hell, first you face God's judgement.