IGNORED

Is there a need to ask for forgiveness when you are a Christian?

kamusat

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/26/1961

Hello,

I have a question about forgiveness. A person told me today a Christian does not need to pray. I asked this person how they ask for forgivenss, and they told me there was no need for that because Jesus forgave us once and for all. So, according to this person, it is not necessary to pray nor ask for forgiveness if you are a Christian. Personally, I don't really believe this, but I would like some input. I want to make sure I know that truth...

Blessings, kamusat

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I believe in daily repenting for any sins I may have commited that day. Then I ask God to help me to do better the next day. This keeps me close to Him. We don't become "perfect" when we begin our walk with Christ, we're simply able to have a relationship with God now, through Jesus, because we're covered in His grace. Saying that Christians have no need to pray is a lie straight from the devil to keep us from having a relationship with God. If we have no relationship with God we put ourselves in danger of being easily decieved by satan, slipping deeply into sin and self destruction.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Hello,

I have a question about forgiveness. A person told me today a Christian does not need to pray. I asked this person how they ask for forgivenss, and they told me there was no need for that because Jesus forgave us once and for all. So, according to this person, it is not necessary to pray nor ask for forgiveness if you are a Christian. Personally, I don't really believe this, but I would like some input. I want to make sure I know that truth...

Blessings, kamusat

Now lets' think that one through. We know God tells us how to pray to HIM through the words of , "The Our Father," Or "The Lord's Prayer." Do you really believe that God would have given us specific prayers when you talk to HIM to include, "give us this day our daily bread." I believe that most of what we converse with God is more for our own benefits than as for HIS, because we are mere mortal men/women and many times we don't even know sin when we commit it until God puts it in our hearts.

And while your at it, you might want to ask your "Friend" if we are to give "thanks" to God for the many blessings he has given us. That too, you will find in the "Lords' Prayer."

Be Blessed

Cajunboy

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/06/1961

uh not trying to be ugly but...

Did that person who told you that, where they dressed in all red and carrying a pitchfork and smelled like smoke?

Just kidding lol

YES!!! A Christian must ask for forgiveness DAILY!!!

And do other stuff like Praying for others and Reading the Word

Dug <_<

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Hello,

Blessings, kamusat

Wow... and has this person ever actually seen a Bible, or does it burn his hands?

Your instincts are quite correct. Learn from the responses of our brothers and sisters in this thread, pick up the Bible and see what God has to say about these things. <_<

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I agree with these posts. We were taught the Lord's Prayer, we are taught to pray for our brothers and sisters, we are taught that if we cannot forgive others, how is God going to forgive us? That is for believers.

One thing i would ask of this person is for scripture references for which this information came. For I know when I read my Bible, I can see Jesus praying quite often. Even the apostles prayed often. Why would it be any different for us today than it was for them 2000 years ago?

Acts 12:5

Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the assembly unto God for him.

Romans 1:9

For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

1 Thessalonians 5:17

Pray without ceasing.

2 Timothy 1:3

I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ASKING FORGIVENESS (I'm sure there are more but this is the Lord's words

23Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

24Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I believe in daily repenting for any sins I may have commited that day. Then I ask God to help me to do better the next day. This keeps me close to Him. We don't become "perfect" when we begin our walk with Christ, we're simply able to have a relationship with God now, through Jesus, because we're covered in His grace. Saying that Christians have no need to pray is a lie straight from the devil to keep us from having a relationship with God. If we have no relationship with God we put ourselves in danger of being easily decieved by satan, slipping deeply into sin and self destruction.

I agree, satan is always trying to plant doubt and lies in order to seperate us from God. Repentance is very important for a Christian. <_<

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Another verse to add to the list given above:

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Notice that it says, "If we confess" - that means we do need to acknowledge our sin before the Lord.