• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Dugmando and Lovinghim4ever,

I am joyful in Jesus that you appreciate my post, but please remember that if there is any wisdom in my words, it is of and from and by the Holy Spirit, for I am an unwise and foolish old (well, middle-aged) woman in my flesh - but we won't go into that here! I always (well, nearly always) pray that the Lord will give me the words to speak when I respond to any post. Sometimes I get carried away by frustration and anger and post from the flesh and then my posts are anything but wise. I take full responsibility for such posts. But all glory belongs to Jesus for any words that I speak that have any wisdom about them.

All glory to Jesus,

Ruth

Yes Ma'am!

All glory belongs to Jesus!

However, I do admire your obedience to share what He'd have you share.

:emot-hug::wub::emot-hug:

LOL, thankyou! In the UK, only the Queen is addressed as Ma'am, these days. I feel quite royal. But, then again, we are a royal priesthood, are we not?

1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;"

God bless you,

Ruth

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lovinghim4ever

Ruth,

Yes, MA'AM! You are truly royal, and I thank God for allowing me to communicate with you.

:emot-hug::wub::emot-hug:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/19/1978

"For if our heart condemns us,

God is greater than our heart,

and knows all things" (1 John 3:20).

"Oh give thanks unto the LORD, for He is good!

For His mercy endures forever" (Psalm 136:1)

:huh::);)

I posted the following in The Universal Moral Law in response to a similar debate. It seems pertinent to repost it here.

Because we can never know what occurs in the few moments before death, preaching the Gospel is never wasted, even though it seems that at the time, the person to whom we speak has no interest or even totally denies Jesus. We can never know that such a small seed, maybe sown many years previously, may not be sufficient to provoke in a person on their deathbed, a memory of who Jesus is and what He has done, so that they call on the Lord to be saved. But if we never tell them, they cannot know.

I would like to thank everyone for their answers here... I was trying to cope with the loss of someone and unanswered questions.

I think I agree most with these two answers here and God has given me peace.....

God Bless you all!

Guest lovinghim4ever

"For if our heart condemns us,

God is greater than our heart,

and knows all things" (1 John 3:20).

"Oh give thanks unto the LORD, for He is good!

For His mercy endures forever" (Psalm 136:1)

;):24::24:

I posted the following in The Universal Moral Law in response to a similar debate. It seems pertinent to repost it here.

Because we can never know what occurs in the few moments before death, preaching the Gospel is never wasted, even though it seems that at the time, the person to whom we speak has no interest or even totally denies Jesus. We can never know that such a small seed, maybe sown many years previously, may not be sufficient to provoke in a person on their deathbed, a memory of who Jesus is and what He has done, so that they call on the Lord to be saved. But if we never tell them, they cannot know.

I would like to thank everyone for their answers here... I was trying to cope with the loss of someone and unanswered questions.

I think I agree most with these two answers here and God has given me peace.....

God Bless you all!

:lightbulb2::)

:24::noidea::24:

• 1 month later...
Guest Wanda M

Help! I can't figure out how to post a new topic. Here is what I wanted to post...

SUICIDE --- I think of it often!

My name is Wanda. I am from Metter Georgia. I need someone

Edited by Wanda M

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Hello and welcome, Wanda.

I first want to let you know that I have edited out your email address. I think, at this point, it might be detrimental to the situation. We can never tell for sure who may use it for situations other than for what you intended it for, so I think it's safer to not have it up there at the moment.

:emot-questioned:

As for your situation, I can only lend you a shoulder and give you some fellowship here. I am not a trained or educated therapist or counselor, so I cannot offer much by way of real advice.

I can steer you toward the Great Physician, though. Up to this point, have you sought God's guidance through prayer or in the Word?

We'll start with that, ok?

Blessings,

t.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

Help! I can't figure out how to post a new topic. Here is what I wanted to post...

SUICIDE --- I think of it often!

My name is Wanda. I am from Metter Georgia. I need someone

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

I wanted to get more info.

I guess everyone knows someone at some point that has committed suicide, so it seems we've all thought about it's results at some point...

Does anyone have any scripture references that clearly state....

Does suicide mean that the person goes straight to hell?

Clearly the person has unforgiven sin.... however.... if they were a beliver were they forgiven without asking specifically?

Cajunboy::::Ask yourself truthfully, "If someone attempts or considers suicide, aren't they really saying they do NOT fully trust in God? I say this because in my opinion if a person allows their lives to get to this point that they are prepared to give it all up , and if you really know there is a God and believe in what HE says HE can and will do for us in HIS own time, wouldn't that be like saying that you don't want to wait for God to act on your life to change you that you really want to do it yourself because you feel that you cannot wait on Him that created YOU????

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

Let me start by saying that I am not in the least bit upset by anyone's opinion concerning this subject.

I have plenty of opinions that others don't agree with, so here goes another . . .

God knows our hearts and minds better than we do.

Suicide is a battle, a struggle, a sickness in the mind that only He can judge.

And, as has already been stated - Suicide is NOT an unpardonable sin.

Yes, the Bible commands us not to murder, but even murder is NOT an unpardonable sin.

It is terrible and grievous, but it is not unpardonable.

Suicide is not blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, because it cannot kill the Spirit. It kills the flesh.

Okay, that's my opinion on the subject.

Now my prayer is that we agree to disagree without getting upset with one another.

In Jesus' Name.

:):);)

Amen

Carol R :)

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Does anyone know what scripture says about suicide?

Just been through a heavy experience with a very close friend and I am looking for what the Lord has to say about this

Thanks for any insight here

Blessings :emot-hug: