• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Angels4U:

I believe you are who you are and where you are because of the beauty of the attitude you constantly display with others.  You truly are "salt" and a "light" wherever our FATHER has placed you in the secular world.  However, don't ever be intimidated by any of it!!  GOD is there with you!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wisdom great post. And angel I know what you mean about work. A wonderful thing has happened at mine. Another Christian started there and of course we gravitated together. So for months we have been talking mindless of those around us. Anyway we are both driving to a town one hour away for church and Bible study. Today another co-worker got into the conversation and by the end of it we were all talking about getting together outside of work to do Bible study in our town at each others homes. And of course we all know of others who would be interested who are also driving a distance. The Lord works in marvelous ways and yes all glory should go to him.

Love in Christ

Shilou

Guest C.D. Light

Wisdom--Gee, I hope you weren't referring to me; cause I do relay  a lot of experiences. Thru them, Ive learned exactly how god operates. And by hearing experiences of others, Ive been inspired. These are good things.

Also Ive had dreams and visions, as you know.  And EVERYone of them has been proven true.

Oh by the way Wisdom; the "other person" who God showed me in that long dream last Thursday morning, over a week ago?  I just found out they are back in town; have been since Sunday (3 days after the dream). And they are still here. They've never done that before.

Also, this past week I was talking with a lady Ive never seen before. She has been in my city for 3 months from another state. As we talked, she told me she is divorced, and suddenly it "came" to me that her exhusband is involved in drug dealing.  I asked her if he was into something he shouldnt be in; like drug dealing.  Her eyes opened wide and she was startled and said yes.

Now I dont know why the Lord told me that, but he pops those up on me every once in awhile to let me know Im hearing from the right person. He also told me to tell her He is "dying" to help  her, and all he wants is for her to come to him completely.  

She said I know it.

This stuff simply keeps our "spiritual lines of communication" honed, and I was pleased for the confirmation.

So I think experiences are good for us and serves good purposes both ways.

CD

• Group:  Royal Member

Nothing personal CD, I'm not in the habit of making those type of attacks.  Take your situation and read my post closely....you'll see yours doesn't tie in with what I wrote.  You are not a mystic...  :exclaimation:

You know as I do that throughout our FATHER's Word there are plenty of instances whereby saints were given visions/dreams that were heavenly inspired messages.  Concerning today I believe it still happens.  The trick is in making sure it lines up with Scripture (I am of the "Berean" frame of mind).

That is so true CD.  But GOD in HIS due time ALWAYS brings the lies into the Light, eventually for all to see.  For example...."Ms Cleo" (who I'm glad you mentioned) got exposed for the fraud she and her backers used to make millions off the public.  If you haven't noticed you don't see her or her commercials any longer after they were sued and have to return a Brink's truckload of money back to the public!  I'm not quite sure if any jailtime was involved in the settlement, but at least the falseness surrounding her and her backers was exposed.  

GOD has commanded us to avoid these type of individuals and their false teachings (Deuteronomy 18:10-14).  However CD, I find "legalists" even more dangerous.  My biggest stumbling blocks early in my christian walk were those type of bros/sis in CHRIST.  They usually were (and still are today) too busy doing the "don'ts", instead of doing the "do's" of true Christianity.  In the process they block the door of Heaven to all who want to come in.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thanks Wisdom,I agree with everything that you have said speaking in wisdom ofcourse.

Guest C.D. Light

Wisdom--Yes I knew Ms Cleo got the ax, and a whole lot of trouble.

Yepper, its the legalists that are on my case all the time, so how well I know.  They are also those who spend most of their time going around trying to mold everybody else into THEIR image.  :exclaimation:

CD

Thanks Rosanne.  It's nice to post with you again :exclaimation:

I agree with you and CD, in that all too often Christians forget  we are not to try and mold/shape others in the Body,  but instead we're commanded to edify them.  Others are to edify us (you'll not find where we are to edify ourselves in the Word).  My dislike for legalism is so strong because I too was once that way, and pur FATHER had to get my attention in order to break me of it!

Legalistic thinking is so ugly it scars the Body terribly.  Others from the outside see it so much quicker than we inside the Body do.  And people often times wonder why someone doesn't want to allow them to lead them to our SAVIOUR??!  In Romans 14, the Apostle Paul talks about what is known in evangelical circles as the "principle of personal freedom".  In it he used the example of meat offered up to idols as being known to be edible by the mature Christian.  Yet, he makes it clear that if the eating of that meat becomes a stumbling block for another believer we basically need to use some common sense and not eat it around them so as not to judge their thinking.  I don't know how many times I've seen bros/sis in CHRIST attack a person because of situations as such.  Our LORD makes it clear that we are not to judge one another in these matters because each of us individually belong to HIM!

It's the same way with the "christian" or religious ascetic.  If you choose to not eat, drink, and/or renounce the comforts of life  as an act of religious devotionyou shouldn't point the finger at others who don't agree with you.

Wisdom I agree, and unfortunately for me it took a real wringing out by Yah to see it. Once the Holy Spirit fully convicted me of my own sins, it became very apparent that I had no room to judge. It would have been so much easier had I gotten it in the first place. When my walk became hard and dull I went to my knees and beg for something more and I got it. Now I totally that I of my self am capable of no good thing. It is the Holy Spirit inside which drives me to live in accordance to God's will. It was all that other stuff that was getting in the Spirit's way. Pretty much my self-will. What an eye opener.

Love in Yeshua's name

Shilou