• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

oy vey...sometimes I think we all argue about the same things again and again. Let us put the debate about whether wine contained alcohol or not TO REST. Clearly one side will never agree with the other. When the cheese is finally cut, we realize that both slices are going to taste the same no matter what.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I hate the taste of alcohol, I think its gross and I hate drinking. But then even Jesus drank wine which makes me think its OK to drink and I should maybe like to drink?

No.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

I personally drink wine and I don't have a problem with that at all. (but I would never get drunk).

A few years ago a missionary from Switzerland stayed with my wife and myself for a week or two here in the UK and I have to say he was one of the most simcere, dedicated Christians that I have ever met. I remember a few days before he returned to Switzerland he asked to prepare a meal for my wife and myself as a thank you. We turned up at the meal and he had a whole box of wine I remember laughing about this but he told me that in the swiss culture they drink wine from childhood christian or not.

Years ago I was the youth leader in a large AOG Church. The Pastor used to travel around the world on speaking engagements his son was my oldest son's best friend and he used to tell us how it was a family joke that Dad was off on his "Duty Free" trips because he would return home with cheap drink. (I am not saying he was a boozer he wasn't it was just that he used the duty free system to stock up on a few bottles of wine). However one Friday evening at the youth meeting we held a "Hot Chair" session that was when a visitor would sit in the hot seat in the middle of a circle of young people and the young people could ask them questions on any subject regarding the christian life. This particular evening it was Pastors turn and one of the questions was what did he think about alcohol? His reply was that he didn't drink himself and he wanted to encourage the young people not to. I knew that this was a lie for the want of a better word and thought surely, it was worse to tell a lie than it was to have a glass of wine :24:

Guest lovinghim4ever
I personally drink wine and I don't have a problem with that at all. (but I would never get drunk).

This particular evening it was Pastors turn and one of the questions was what did he think about alcohol? His reply was that he didn't drink himself and he wanted to encourage the young people not to. I knew that this was a lie for the want of a better word and thought surely, it was worse to tell a lie than it was to have a glass of wine :12:

Of course it is worse to tell a lie than to have a glass of wine.

Lying is sin. Having a glass of wine is not unless you have too many glasses and get drunk.

:blink::12::)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Crushed grapes ferment and turn into wine. It doesn't take long for the process to occur. The only thing that stops the process of fermentation is Pasteurization, a process not developed until the mid-1800's. The result of is fruit juice. :whistling:

Gotta chime in here. Grapes (crushed or otherwise) DO NOT naturally turn into wine. Fermentation is a process that requires time and ingredients. You cannot simply leave some crushed grapes out for a while and have wine one day. If you attempt this...all you will wind up with is rotten grapes.

Actually crushed grapes do ferment into alcoholic wine without any additives. What makes wine good or bad has more to do with the growing process and natural conditions than the actual (natural) process of fermentation.

Wine is an alcoholic beverage made from the fermentation of unmodified grape juice. The natural chemical balance of grapes is such that they ferment completely without the addition of sugars, acids, enzymes or other nutrients. Although other fruits like apples and berries can also be fermented, the resultant "wines" are normally named after the fruit (for example, apple wine or elderberry wine) and are generically known as fruit or country wine. Others, such as barley wine and rice wine (e.g. sake) are made from starch-based materials and resemble beer more than wine, while ginger wine is fortified with brandy. In these cases, the use of the term "wine" is a reference to the higher alcohol content, rather than production process. The commercial use of the English word "wine" (and its equivalent in other languages) is protected by law in many jurisdictions. Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia