• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  418
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/13/1965

I live in a very nice, homey suburb of Chicago, population 23,000. I was driving down Main St, Saturday, past the town's only High School, when I was confronted with 2 practically naked teenage girls with jewels hanging off their naked navels, with tiny stips of cloth across their chests in the name of bikini-tops, bouncing up and down with signs guiding them to other equally half-naked girls washing cars. :thumbsup:

I was sickened to see such a thing in the parking lot of the High School. They're using sex to make money for "x" (I think it was the cheerleaders). Whatever parent said "ok" to their daughter doing this is insane. There are sexual preditors everywhere, one only needs to go online to find the ones located in their area (and those are only the registered ones). I think the message this sends to all school-attenders (young and old) is horrible. I could go on.... but here's my question:

Would you write to your mayor, school board, superintendent, principal or someone else regarding this matter? I have so much to say regarding this, but wonder if it's just because I'm a Christian and know how much this makes our boys and others stumble/lust, besides the fact that it's so demeaning and sends a horrible message to these girls regarding fund raising, their bodies, using themselves, modesty, etc. etc. etc. Would you write someone?? If so, what would you say? How would you approach it?

BTW, I have a 15 year old daughter in a Christian private school. My 16 year old son is in a special ed program at the High School where this car washing event took place.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

How would you approach it?

I would approach this as a concerned citizen of the community and as the parent of a young person who attends this school. I'd contact the school principle and let him know of my concerns and how much it offended you. He probably didn't sign off on this. I am sure it will dealt with.

I would approach this as a concerned citizen of the community and as the parent of a young person who attends this school. I'd contact the school principle and let him know of my concerns and how much it offended you. He probably didn't sign off on this. I am sure it will dealt with.

Sad thing is, I believe he must have known. Every group has to have a sponsor who is a staff member at the school. And, this was the second year it's happened. It's a car wash to raise money (I assume it's cheerleading camp).

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Sad thing is, I believe he must have known. Every group has to have a sponsor who is a staff member at the school. And, this was the second year it's happened. It's a car wash to raise money (I assume it's cheerleading camp).

Hard to believe a principal would would sanction it. Sorry for my typo up there. How'd I miss that?? You said this is the second year. Did you complain about it last year, or is it worse this year?

• Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

sounds like Boulder. I agree, I believe you should approach the principal and if you're not satisfied with the result, try his or hers boss...

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

There are a chain of events that you need to follow.

Get some other parents to back you up and file a complaint with the principal.

First go to the principal. If he does nothing, go to the school board.

If they do nothing, go to the city counsel. If they do nothing, go to the mayor.

If none of that works, go to the press.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Get digital pics and take them to the principal of the school, and if he/she didn't do something, go to the PTA, PTO, school board, etc...........

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I applaud your effort to go and try and change this.... but I doubt it will do any good. Still, perhaps you can make a change. It only takes one determined person to change their corner of the world. Pray as you make the attempts, so that with each phase of your efforts you are covered in prayer.

Great advice everyone! Thank you for replying. I needed a sounding board for this issue as it's been on my heart for a year. After seeing it for the second year in a row (probably just missed it the other years), I am just sickened by everything wrong with it.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Yeah, I'd talk to the school (and failing that, keep going up the chain of command until you find someone who'll listen) about it...it's completely inappropriate that the school would support girls using their bodies like that for school fundraising. It's just opening the door to so many bad things...schools have always had problems enough with pimps sneaking on campus to try to hustle the girls without that junk going on. My school wouldn't even have allowed us to wear middrift-bareing shirts and spaghetti straps, nevermind tiny bikinis on school grounds (and I went to public school)!

(by the way, when you said "they're using sex to make money for "x"," I totally thought you meant they were actually prostituting themselves to make money to buy Ecstasy...which freaked me out a lot more)