• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1971

Blessings Sis !

WOW... I hear you loud and clear. Being also in Chicago ( as you know ) all the burbs are being hit by this. Liz was in Poms...not cheerleading! The cheerleaders and their Mothers are a different breed altogether, at least at Liz's school. But ya know what ? It begins at HOME! I can't say that enough. Liz went thru that stage last year...low cut shirts and such...and over my dead body was my daughter allowed to leave the house like that. Every so often I find myself at her school.......its like a ring of minor prostitution! The school is so worried about " gang related colors " ( although as far as I know there are no gangs ) they over look these half naked girls, walking all over the place. I made my calls to the school and sent letters. BTW...My understanding is theres a meeting regarding a NEW dress code for next year :whistling:

Keep on top of it ! We pay our taxes and they reap the benifits.

(Us Chicago women are a tough group ...lol )

BTW...I didn't leave my name out of it, at the request of my daughter. :noidea:

Love ya sis...hope to chat soon.

Juls

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I live in a very nice, homey suburb of Chicago, population 23,000. I was driving down Main St, Saturday, past the town's only High School, when I was confronted with 2 practically naked teenage girls with jewels hanging off their naked navels, with tiny stips of cloth across their chests in the name of bikini-tops, bouncing up and down with signs guiding them to other equally half-naked girls washing cars. :whistling:

I was sickened to see such a thing in the parking lot of the High School. They're using sex to make money for "x" (I think it was the cheerleaders). Whatever parent said "ok" to their daughter doing this is insane. There are sexual preditors everywhere, one only needs to go online to find the ones located in their area (and those are only the registered ones). I think the message this sends to all school-attenders (young and old) is horrible. I could go on.... but here's my question:

Would you write to your mayor, school board, superintendent, principal or someone else regarding this matter? I have so much to say regarding this, but wonder if it's just because I'm a Christian and know how much this makes our boys and others stumble/lust, besides the fact that it's so demeaning and sends a horrible message to these girls regarding fund raising, their bodies, using themselves, modesty, etc. etc. etc. Would you write someone?? If so, what would you say? How would you approach it?

BTW, I have a 15 year old daughter in a Christian private school. My 16 year old son is in a special ed program at the High School where this car washing event took place.

When you go to the beach, you see bikinis. When you go to a pool, you see bikinis. When around water, I see no need to be wearing much more than a bathing suit. My wife has a belly button ring, and I absolutely love it. I think a lot of the problem lies in the fact that Christians can not control their own lusts, so they take offense at these trivial things. I do not really care how another woman dresses; it will not make me lust for her. I really do not see how such minor things could offend mature Christians. I guess we should all go back to the days when women swam in the big puffy dresses, and men wore the bathing suits that looked like a Union suit.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  418
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/13/1965

(((((((((((((((( JULIA! )))))))))))))))))))))))

You got it right! It's so sad to see these young girls dressing like prostitutes... just trying to make money for their squad. What is that teaching them??? Oy vey.

So good to see you !!! it's been over a year huh?? :thumbsup:

Jenni

Blessings Sis !

WOW... I hear you loud and clear. Being also in Chicago ( as you know ) all the burbs are being hit by this. Liz was in Poms...not cheerleading! The cheerleaders and their Mothers are a different breed altogether, at least at Liz's school. But ya know what ? It begins at HOME! I can't say that enough. Liz went thru that stage last year...low cut shirts and such...and over my dead body was my daughter allowed to leave the house like that. Every so often I find myself at her school.......its like a ring of minor prostitution! The school is so worried about " gang related colors " ( although as far as I know there are no gangs ) they over look these half naked girls, walking all over the place. I made my calls to the school and sent letters. BTW...My understanding is theres a meeting regarding a NEW dress code for next year :thumbsup:

Keep on top of it ! We pay our taxes and they reap the benifits.

(Us Chicago women are a tough group ...lol )

BTW...I didn't leave my name out of it, at the request of my daughter. :emot-hug:

Love ya sis...hope to chat soon.

Juls

>>I think a lot of the problem lies in the fact that Christians can not control their own lusts, so they take offense at these trivial things. <<

Actually, it takes a very strong and commited Christian to live God's way and not the way of the world. (BTW, I wasn't saying I was lusting after these girls. :thumbsup: )

>> I do not really care how another woman dresses; it will not make me lust for her.<<

That is quite amazing that you can do that! You are the first male I've heard of that doesn't have to keep himself in check regarding the whole area of sexual lust. My pastor (in a church with 4000+ members) has given sermons on the necessity of modest dress siting the fact that it is very hard for men (who are visually wired by God) to not fall into the temptation of lust and/or fanaticize.

>>I really do not see how such minor things could offend mature Christians. <<

Quiet the opposite, it's the mature Christians who are willing to go against what the "world" says is ok.

Here is a very interesting article. I cut and pasted a few sections of for you:

Some time ago, a friend showed me a letter that a young man wrote to the editor of her Christian college newspaper:

The other day I was going to the business office to take care of some financial matters and I could not believe some of the things I was seeing. The landscaping around campus looked exceptionally great. There were new dorms, new faces and unfortunately, scantily clad females were everywhere as well. This is . . . particularly hard for males because they are stimulated by sight. Now guys, we are not off the hook just because females are dressed inappropriately. We are called in 2 Timothy 2:22 to

>>I think a lot of the problem lies in the fact that Christians can not control their own lusts, so they take offense at these trivial things. <<

Actually, it takes a very strong and commited Christian to live God's way and not the way of the world. (BTW, I wasn't saying I was lusting after these girls. :thumbsup: )

>> I do not really care how another woman dresses; it will not make me lust for her.<<

That is quite amazing that you can do that! You are the first male I've heard of that doesn't have to keep himself in check regarding the whole area of sexual lust. My pastor (in a church with 4000+ members) has given sermons on the necessity of modest dress siting the fact that it is very hard for men (who are visually wired by God) to not fall into the temptation of lust and/or fanaticize.

Quiet the opposite, it's the mature Christians who are willing to go against what the "world" says is ok.

Some time ago, a friend showed me a letter that a young man wrote to the editor of her Christian college newspaper:

The other day I was going to the business office to take care of some financial matters and I could not believe some of the things I was seeing. The landscaping around campus looked exceptionally great. There were new dorms, new faces and unfortunately, scantily clad females were everywhere as well. This is . . . particularly hard for males because they are stimulated by sight. Now guys, we are not off the hook just because females are dressed inappropriately. We are called in 2 Timothy 2:22 to

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, I have not been here for a really long time. This is the first thread I've been through (except is it just me that I get in the mail) in a really long time.

hr. I gotta tell you that your stand on this bothers me more than a little.

You should talk to the principle and if he does not agree then run for the school board and work at getting a new principle and superintendent.

Well, I have not been here for a really long time. This is the first thread I've been through (except is it just me that I get in the mail) in a really long time.

hr. I gotta tell you that your stand on this bothers me more than a little.

You should talk to the principle and if he does not agree then run for the school board and work at getting a new principle and superintendent.

It is a CARWASH. What should you wear at a CARWASH? Kids at a CARWASH squirt each other with water, get wet, and have fun. I see no problem with it. Do you think that women should not wear a bikini at the beach?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

I noticed you said you "did not lust for the young girls." That was quite obvious. Could maybe you worry that your husband might? Of course! I don't want to put my husband into situations that might cause him to stumble. He wouldn't want me to be around or have to be placed in situations that might cause me to sin. That's just protecting your spouse from the "fire".

CARWASH. CARWASH means WATER. Around water, beach type dress is appropriate. Why is a carwash any different?

If you read what I wrote before this.. I am suggesting there be NO car wash. There are many other ways to raise money! If there was NO other way to make money, then do what our church youth group did years ago. Everyone wore jean shorts, and tshirts over their bathing suits.

Let's say you and your wife have a baby daughter sometime in the future.. and when that baby girl is 15, her pep club decides to have a carwash where she will be dressed in a barely there bikini, jumping up and down by the side of the road on a very major street with lots of cars driving by. Some cars containing teenage boys who might be struggling to keep their thoughts pure; Christian dads who might struggle with lust; and of course there would be nonChristian men/boys who ogle; and even the registered sexoffenders who are out living in every city and town, and just maybe there would be a handful of cars with men who aren't tempted visually. But for even tempting ONE man with how she dresses.. that young lady would be wrong, and the parents would be to blame. I for one would NOT want my nearly 16 year old daughter to have her body on display like that. CERTAINLY not all the cars are stopping to be washed because they are going to get the best cleaning job! Besides ALL of that...what are we telling those girls? "Look almost naked so we can get people in here to watch our barely covered bodies wash their cars and earn money"????

I got my fill of sexual relations outside the context of God's plan. Having done it the world's way, and having now done it God's way. I have no desire to do it the World's way again.

Exactly! So why would you want or allow your wife or daughter to do something like that.. something that just accepts the world's idea of how to earn money.

And if you can drive past 12 almost naked teenagers jumping up and down.. then that's great for you.. .... but you must be nearly the ONLY heterosexual male that doesn't have to make a concerted effort to avoid situations like that.

>>>If these were adults and this is what they were choosing to do- then fine. It's their choice. BUT this is a SCHOOL ACTIVITY- therefore these KIDS need to be dressed appropriately. We had plenty of carwashes when i was in high school and we never wore bikinis- we wore shorts and tshirts. A carwash is NOT a pool or beach- its a carwash! Now tell me- when you pull out your car to wash it, do you skimp down to a speedo??<<<

:emot-hug:

You took the words right out of my mouth, Sierra (well, except the part about the speedo)

And if you did decide to get down to a speedo.. would you be IN that speedo to make more money?