• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/09/1982

Hi all. I would really love to hear your opinions on this.

In South Africa we have several Christian TV channels available and only two Muslim channels that I'm aware of. I've watched a few debates on one of those Muslim/Islam channels. All of those debates were about Christianity vs Islam.

eg. Is Jesus Christ God? Is the Bible the Word of God?

Both intances it was sheiks challenging pastors.

What I've noted (even when speaking to Muslims) when you ask them about their faith, they will never give you a straight answer. They will always turn the focus onto Christianity, explaining what Christians believe, and then simply say "Islam is not that."

Instead of defending or explaining their faith they would rather criticize Christianity.

If you've seen debates of "sheik ahmed deedat" vs some Christian preacher you'll know exactly what I mean. He never answered a question directed at Islam/Muslim, but always rendered back an attack at Christianity, some times challenging our intellect.

Why is it that a Muslim can never describe his faith to a Christian?

I've even been to Muslim websites and they just compare it to Christianity. Never a clear cut straight answer!

What are they so afraid of?

:cool:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Islam cannot compete in an open marketplace of ideas. That is why its desciples turn to force and violence.

Remember that 'anger is threatened value.' When someone's faith is based essentially on nothing, it is quite easy for the interrogatory to 'threaten' that faith. If the person asked the question truly values that faith, he then perceives a threat to the value, and responds with anger.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Islam's teaching on how one can come into right relationship with God are incompatible with those taught by Jesus in the Bible. Islam's view of jesus is radically different than the one presented by Jesus Himself in the Bible.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Islam's teaching on how one can come into right relationship with God are incompatible with those taught by Jesus in the Bible. Islam's view of jesus is radically different than the one presented by Jesus Himself in the Bible.

Very true. Islam is really closer to Judaism than Christianity.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

In South Africa we have several Christian TV channels available and only two Muslim channels that I'm aware of. I've watched a few debates on one of those Muslim/Islam channels. All of those debates were about Christianity vs Islam.

What I've noted (even when speaking to Muslims) when you ask them about their faith, they will never give you a straight answer. They will always turn the focus onto Christianity, explaining what Christians believe, and then simply say "Islam is not that."

Instead of defending or explaining their faith they would rather criticize Christianity.

If you've seen debates of "sheik ahmed deedat" vs some Christian preacher you'll know exactly what I mean. He never answered a question directed at Islam/Muslim, but always rendered back an attack at Christianity, some times challenging our intellect.

I've even been to Muslim websites and they just compare it to Christianity. Never a clear cut straight answer!

:P

Here is something to consider. Also, never forget that muslims are permitted to lie. It's called takeyya. Google takeyya and find out how it works.

MUSLIMS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS

By Ayesha Ahmed

Recite violent quranic ayas about slaying infidels, massacring unbelievers, capturing booty, and beheading renegades but insist that islam is a

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,861
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

And in that, you have your answer :emot-nod:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

:o

Truth! They don't defend Islam because it's indefensible. A pseudoreligion founded by satan that has spread like a cancer. The Lord is in no way associated with this barbaric cult. Muslims don't describe their 'faith' because the tenets of Islam are not fit to see the light of day. I can only pray that the 1.5 billion souls currently possessed by 'allah' find their way before it's too late. :o

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Islam cannot compete in an open marketplace of ideas. That is why its desciples turn to force and violence.

Remember that 'anger is threatened value.' When someone's faith is based essentially on nothing, it is quite easy for the interrogatory to 'threaten' that faith. If the person asked the question truly values that faith, he then perceives a threat to the value, and responds with anger.

Good explanation! :o

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

:o

That's interesting. I am not aware of ANY muslim TV shows in America. At least not on the programming that's offered to me here in NE Texas.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Islam does not promote an intimate relationship with thier God because thier God is dead and not a living one like ours. They don't talk about thier faith because it is forbidden by the Qaron and they are always on the offensive because or attack mode because Islam wants to consume the world by any means. They are not supposed to have any fellowship with anybody except other Muslems. When they have debates it is for the purpose of converting those whom they are debating with. I mean what can you expect from a poeple that believe that a stone that fell from the sky can take away thier sins ( the Kaaba Stone). They believe that this stone was once a white stone but the sins of men have turned it black. They believe that it fell from the sky and it is a left over from a time when paganism ruled before Mohammad created Islam using Judism, Christianity, and paganism IE a moon god. At leats once in thier life time every Muslem is supposed to go to Mecca for the Haaj which a religious ritual. While they are there the must do things like throw stones at some pillers that are supposed to represent satan, fast etc. At the great mosque in Mecca they are supposed to circle a very large box with the bones of Mohammed in it seven times. After that they are supposed to kiss the Kaaba stone which is there in the box as well but has a large collar made of silver around it.