• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

That may be what you think of our candidates, but I - and many other Democrats - beg to differ. Though "the spouse" is an issue with Hillary, it's belittling to keep writing her off as just the wife of Bill, regardless of how you feel about her. Edwards isn't my favorite, but there's much more to him than the conservative spinmeisters who keep playing clips of him fixing his hair would like you to think. Al Gore, don't even get me started. He needs to get in on this race.

And Obama "who?" Come on. He's hardly an unknown. He may have burst into the spotlight relatively recently, but he's pretty well grounded. And have you heard the man speak?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I am not a big fan of Hillary. But in a nutshell, I think this is why people that like her think she would do a better job. In the Clinton years, by any measure, things were going better than they are now. That is what people are looking for again.

problem is only 48% of the people even like her, less than that will ultimately vote for her...

she's a sinking ship for the libs and/or dems...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

If you are a Democrat in, be it moderate or even liberal, can you explain for the populace ("especially a party of the people") - why 'If things ARE TRULY SO BAD', why she is the BEST alternative among everyone else in the country that could run??

. . .cricket. . .cricket. . .cricket :24::24::24::24::24:

JustinM, if you can't respond with a Christian-like answer, then why respond at all?

And to all the others here that responded to my post, thanks so much.

I wasn't making fun of your post Marlee. This morning I saw that it had been several hours since anyone responded, I thought that was funny, because it looked as though no one could come up with a good enough reason to support her. As of yet, her supporters have failed to come up with a good enough/strong enough reason why she should be the next President. We need a President that both sides of the country can come together to support. The bipartisan rift in this country is no good and if we aren't careful there will be another civil war.

:)

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

I agree that she'd be a tougher sell because of all her negative associations. But I do like a lot of what she says.

The bottom line is that she's not "unelectable." None of the major Dem candidates are, which puts the party in a good place.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

And Obama "who?" Come on. He's hardly an unknown. He may have burst into the spotlight relatively recently, but he's pretty well grounded. And have you heard the man speak?

Yes. Obama who? :) He is known, but his stand on most issues is not. That's what is so troubling. I maintain that if he were white, we wouldn't be having this conversation. He is in the the race because of his race.

I don't write Hilary off as the wife of Bill. I write her off because she is unelectable. BUT...I never underestimate the inanity of the American voter.

This goes for the GOP, too, by the way. Their isn't one in the current crop of candidates that piques my interest. I like Mitt, but the more he speaks, the less inspiring he becomes. But, that's an issue for another time.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

If you don't vote for me for president then vote for Garfield the Cat. Neither one of us can't be as bad as the rest. :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Hillary was already President. She needs to move on and let someone else serve.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

More than half of Americans won't vote for Clinton, poll shows

More than half of Americans say they wouldn't consider voting for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton for president if she becomes the Democratic nominee, according to a new national poll made available to McClatchy Newspapers and NBC News.

The poll by Mason-Dixon Polling and Research found that 52 percent of Americans wouldn't consider voting for Clinton, D-N.Y. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, a Republican, was second in the can't-stand-'em category, with 46 percent saying they wouldn't consider voting for him.

Clinton has long been considered a politically polarizing figure who would be a tough sell to some voters, especially many men, but also Clinton-haters of both genders.

Thursday's survey provides a snapshot of the challenges she faces, according to Larry Harris, a Mason-Dixon principal.

"Hillary's carrying a lot of baggage," he said. "She's the only one that has a majority who say they can't vote for her."

Clinton rang up high negatives across the board, with 60 percent of independents, 56 percent of men, 47 percent of women and 88 percent of Republicans saying they wouldn't consider voting for her.

Romney struggled most with women: 50.9 percent said they wouldn't consider voting for him.

"It's the flip-flop of Hillary," Harris said of Romney. "One could suppose it's the Mormon issue -- we didn't ask follow-up questions -- but his religion is an issue."

On name recognition, Clinton also led the 2008 presidential pack in voter disapproval, with 42 percent saying they recognized her name and were unfavorable toward her, versus 39 percent favorable.

That gave her a double-digit lead in that bad-news category over Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona and former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards, a Democrat. They each had 28 percent unfavorable recognition.

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani had the highest favorable recognition at 43 percent, with Clinton close behind at 39 percent. Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., was third at 36 percent, followed by McCain at 33 percent and Edwards at 32 percent.

McCain rang up the highest favorable rating among independent voters with 39.4 percent, followed by Giuliani with 37.3 percent. Edwards scored well with independents, too, with 31.1 percent favorable; Obama had 28 percent favorable.

The Mason-Dixon survey was conducted June 23-25 with 625 likely general-election voters. It has an error margin of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

LINK

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom,

My sentiments exactly!! :rolleyes:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Good one! And true.

Obama hasn't even served one full senate term, has he? How experienced can he be? I don't think Edwards will be in much longer. I'd love to see Algore get in again, so I could see him be defeated again, either in the primary or the election.

How can any Christian support a candidate who is pro-abortion, up to the moment of birth, and even after the birth has begun???