• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/30/1989

My Uncle is a homosexual, and as you can imagine this is hard for me because I love him very much. He's so incredibly funny, and fun to be around, that it kills me to think of this lifestyle he is stuck in.

So I have this question: Do you think that homosexuals, if they believe in Jesus, will go to hell?

I know that 1 Cor 6:9 says "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inhereit the kingdom of God? Do not be decieved. Niether fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulturers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites (male homosexuals).....10 will inherit the kingdom of God."

I always have thought that verse means exactly what it says, until I came across this verse: Romans 14:17 "For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."

Which would obviously mean that a homosexual cannot experience those things while in that sin. Please tell me what you think on this subject. Thanks!

Be Blessed,

~Aaron

Edited by Him_Crucified330

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

a person who does not commit their lives to Jesus and repent of their sins, turning from their sinful lifestyle, will not enter heaven. so while they are here on earth, we need to be in constant prayer for their deliverance from bondage to such things.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,310
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

My Uncle is a homosexual, and as you can imagine this is hard for me because I love him very much. He's so incredibly funny, and fun to be around, that it kills me to think of this lifestyle he is stuck in.

So I have this question: Do you think that homosexuals, if they believe in Jesus, will go to hell?

I know that 1 Cor 6:9 says "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inhereit the kingdom of God? Do not be decieved. Niether fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulturers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites (male homosexuals).....10 will inherit the kingdom of God."

I always have thought that verse means exactly what it says, until I came across this verse: Romans 14:17 "For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."

Which would obviously mean that a homosexual cannot experience those things while in that sin. Please tell me what you think on this subject. Thanks!

Be Blessed,

~Aaron

hi iam kind of new, but im my opinion he should be saved(let jesus and God in heart)and try and turn from that stuff...he may struggle but as long as he try...im no expert just my opinion.if hes already saved then forget the part i said about getting saved...anyway see ya around bye :emot-pray:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/30/1989

hi iam kind of new, but im my opinion he should be saved(let jesus and God in heart)and try and turn from that stuff...he may struggle but as long as he try...im no expert just my opinion.if hes already saved then forget the part i said about getting saved...anyway see ya around bye :emot-pray:

I think your absolutely right about him being saved firstly. He grew up in a christian household, and says that he has confessed and believes Jesus Christ to be his Lord and Savior. The sad part is that he obviously does not have a relationship with Him if he is still in this lifestyle. It's just not something you can go up to him and say 'repent and stop being a homosexual.' It's hard to know what approach to take

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Be Blessed,

~Aaron

Three things.

1.) By faith we are saved, even when we sin and we all sin.

2.) Having sex with anybody outside of marriage between a man and a women is sin. So this would include anybody who has had sex outside of marriage or is doing it now, be it gay sex or straight sex. If we live in this sin without remorse or repentance we have a faith problem.

3.) I don't think you can know for certain that your uncle will go to hell and we can be thankful that it is out of our hands. So go back to point 1. Your kindness will have the greatest impact on him not your judgment. Christ calls us to Him by His kindness not His judgment.

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  9,310
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

hi iam kind of new, but im my opinion he should be saved(let jesus and God in heart)and try and turn from that stuff...he may struggle but as long as he try...im no expert just my opinion.if hes already saved then forget the part i said about getting saved...anyway see ya around bye :emot-handshake:

I think your absolutely right about him being saved firstly. He grew up in a christian household, and says that he has confessed and believes Jesus Christ to be his Lord and Savior. The sad part is that he obviously does not have a relationship with Him if he is still in this lifestyle. It's just not something you can go up to him and say 'repent and stop being a homosexual.' It's hard to know what approach to take

well when i got saved i felt the holy spirt....for a long time....i dont know if hes saved or not ...but im sure he knows if he has been because of holy spirt....gay stuff is a strong spirt out now adays....but with Gods help it is a weak spirt ....God is stronger then all that stuff...hopefully he will seek more of Gods word....so he will have more power over the situation..

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Be Blessed,

~Aaron

Shalom Aaron,

The question is not whether someone believes in Jesus, but are they born-again by faith in Jesus? Even the demons believe!

James 2:19

You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe--and shudder!

If one is truly changed (the old nature has been crucified with Messiah) then they will NOT willfully participate in sin any longer. We MUST count ourselves dead to sin and alive in Messiah. If someone is unwilling to do that, then I am not sure they are truly saved.

Romans 6

1What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? 3Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6We know that our old self[a] was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. 7For one who has died has been set free from sin. 8Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9We know that Christ being raised from the dead will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. 10For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. 11So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal bodies, to make you obey their passions. 13Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. 14For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

If your uncle is born again, homosexual, but remains celibate, and prays for Divine help with his homosexuality, I don't see any reason G-d would shut him out of the Kingdom. Everybody has their fleshly struggles.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I think what everyone is trying to say is that if your uncle thinks "Oh Im saved" but has no desire to be free of his sin of homosexuality and thinks its ok to live the lifestyle of a gay person, then where is the changed heart in Christ? Paul emphasizes in the epistles that we are not to continue to live in our sins. Yes we will stumble and sin, even a lot, but our heart should be changed. We shouldnt want to sin any more. A gay man who lives for the Lord, who believes in Jesus and fights the temptations of homosexuality, recognizing that it is a sin is not the same as someone who claims to know Jesus but has no change in his lifestyle from before he was saved, who thinks that being gay is ok because he was born that way. One has turned away from sin, the other has not.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Be Blessed,

~Aaron

One cant tell who is saved or not so all you can do is make sure they acknowledge Jesus Christ as

their saviour and let Him do the rest.