• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Just because there have been no reporting of people regrowing limbs , does not take away God's ability and miracle power to be able to do it. If every miracle that was performed by divine intervention was recorded, it wouldn't fill a book, it would fill a library. It's only been about a century that communications between the counties has been available,

There are thousands of reasons for people losing limbs, but I have never heard of demons being responsible. Besides this thread is discuss demonic bondage versus mental illness, so if you wish to talk about miracles, I suggest you open a new thread and try to hijack this one.

eric

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom Faithquestions,

Please start a new thread for your questions. As has been mentioned several times, this thread is about mental illness vs demonic bondage. Healing for amputees is not on topic.

Thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom Faithquestions,

Please start a new thread for your questions. As has been mentioned several times, this thread is about mental illness vs demonic bondage. Healing for amputees is not on topic.

Thanks.

I tried, it got deleted. All I did was quote my last post. Then posted to ask why it was deleted - that one disappeared too.

Maybe if a Christian member of the board was to start the topic, so it wouldn't be seen as a critical atheist post (heaven forbid such things should happen in the domain of apologetics)

Shalom,

Perhaps if you PM'd the Mods and asked, you might get a satisfactory answer. I know they don't reply to "why was my post deleted" questions on the board, they ask us to take it up with them through PM if we have a problem or question about their decisions concerning posts.

I'm not a Mod, so I can't reply as to their actions, but I can tell you that this is a privately-owned board and all of us, Christian and non-Christian are here as guests.

Also, I can only speak for myself, but I won't open a post with a question that goes against my belief and trust in G-d.

You see, I believe G-d CAN heal anyone according to His will. So, I cannot post your question for you.

And again, your question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, so to continue with your questions in this thread would be hijacking it.

So, please try to contact the Mods and ask to start your own thread on your questions.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

This has gotten a bit off topic.

If a person does have a Mental Illness how do Christians deal with it?

This is the latest relevant question to this thread. To answer that, you need specific guidance from the Lord. It is hard for us to accept the scripture that says."God will show the righteous man every good path", but yet it is true. When our son had an accident which resulted in a huge goose-bump, we let the Lord lead us as to who to go to for emergency care. We chose to stay at one office that could not do cat-scans, but would refer us if the doctor saw a need. A christian doctor checked my son, and did not find symptoms of a concussion, but had a feeling my son still needed a cat scan. we found a pocket of fluid in my son's brain(via cat scan) that had nothing to do with the accident. Had we gone to the bigger hospital, the doctor, might not have requested a scan. We immediately started seeking the Lord's direction.We had to make decisions on doctors and care. With direction from the Lord we made those decisions, and it ended up because of the doctor's we chose, we have a prominent pediatric neuro-surgeon, watching my son,that is a christian. Had I gone to the cheaper doctor( I wanted to go to,) I would have ended up having my child referred to a less experienced neuro-surgeon.

The Lord knows best in regards to mental illness as well. He will give us guidance, and answers through prayer, and assistance from our local body. If we are true in our prayer for the Lord to "search my heart", then we can be rest assured that he will direct us in regards to any bondage caused by sin, or a medical condition.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

This has gotten a bit off topic.

If a person does have a Mental Illness how do Christians deal with it?

This is the latest relevant question to this thread. To answer that, you need specific guidance from the Lord. It is hard for us to accept the scripture that says."God will show the righteous man every good path", but yet it is true. When our son had an accident which resulted in a huge goose-bump, we let the Lord lead us as to who to go to for emergency care. We chose to stay at one office that could not do cat-scans, but would refer us if the doctor saw a need. A christian doctor checked my son, and did not find symptoms of a concussion, but had a feeling my son still needed a cat scan. we found a pocket of fluid in my son's brain(via cat scan) that had nothing to do with the accident. Had we gone to the bigger hospital, the doctor, might not have requested a scan. We immediately started seeking the Lord's direction.We had to make decisions on doctors and care. With direction from the Lord we made those decisions, and it ended up because of the doctor's we chose, we have a prominent pediatric neuro-surgeon, watching my son,that is a christian. Had I gone to the cheaper doctor( I wanted to go to,) I would have ended up having my child referred to a less experienced neuro-surgeon.

The Lord knows best in regards to mental illness as well. He will give us guidance, and answers through prayer, and assistance from our local body. If we are true in our prayer for the Lord to "search my heart", then we can be rest assured that he will direct us in regards to any bondage caused by sin, or a medical condition.

amen and amen!!!! :th_praying::24:

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:) from damo1

yes this group is left behind and even ignored by some churches to wear they are asked to leave my pastor use to be manager of mental health hear wear i live and before he took the full time role as pastor for our church he shared his views and why he left mental health all together we have sevral people in our church with mental illness and luckly we have good workers around us who know how to deal with this our church is the only one in this town that wil take on people with mental ilness wear sadly other churches do not want nothing to do with these people as they feel they can not change or have nothing to give as a person

i have learnt to take people for who they are with out judging or pointing the finger or always trying to correct some one becuase they cant state what others state or write like others can write and to think that this attitude is sneaking in is very sad the people we have taken on are very loving and even though they might have sufferd to wear they are on meddication who has the right to say who can come into gods house and who can not we do not know what god can do in that persons life even though they might go off or say something that wil up set those that are mature

we have to be willing to put the hand out and just be there for those that are suffering threw this

from damo1

Guest anitarose2007

I have had a mental illness...it's called clinical depression...and I have been treated with medication, the likes of which I don't ever want to go back on.

I do know for a fact that my problem is caused by demonic forces, because where it starts is in my own mind, thinking about everything that I have ever done wrong in my life. Then I start feeling bad, which leads to beating myself up mentally, which does lead to depression. I know that God heals depression, because I have had my healing before from it.

Here's the key, at least for me: I can't allow myself to think the thoughts I was thinking to lead into the depression. If I do, then the depression starts and then I can get suicidal (I have tried it before). I have to rebuke the thoughts, or ask someone to help me rebuke the thoughts when I can't do it on my own. There's been times when I have thought that maybe I SHOULD be back on the meds, but then I start remembering how I was when I was on the meds...when I can remember back that far...and I don't ever want to do that again. I had no control over my thought processes then. It's very upsetting and aggravating when you go through that. It's even more upsetting and aggravating when you sit through a worship service and can't worship due to the depression.

As you may have guessed from the typing, I am depressed now. Thank God it's not to the point of suicide, but I know where the healing comes from. So I'm waiting and praying.

Anita

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I have had a mental illness...it's called clinical depression...and I have been treated with medication, the likes of which I don't ever want to go back on.

I do know for a fact that my problem is caused by demonic forces, because where it starts is in my own mind, thinking about everything that I have ever done wrong in my life. Then I start feeling bad, which leads to beating myself up mentally, which does lead to depression. I know that God heals depression, because I have had my healing before from it.

Here's the key, at least for me: I can't allow myself to think the thoughts I was thinking to lead into the depression. If I do, then the depression starts and then I can get suicidal (I have tried it before). I have to rebuke the thoughts, or ask someone to help me rebuke the thoughts when I can't do it on my own. There's been times when I have thought that maybe I SHOULD be back on the meds, but then I start remembering how I was when I was on the meds...when I can remember back that far...and I don't ever want to do that again. I had no control over my thought processes then. It's very upsetting and aggravating when you go through that. It's even more upsetting and aggravating when you sit through a worship service and can't worship due to the depression.

As you may have guessed from the typing, I am depressed now. Thank God it's not to the point of suicide, but I know where the healing comes from. So I'm waiting and praying.

Anita

Hello Anita Jesus will deliver you...Do you know that as far as from the east is from the west, sins ..mistakes are not remebered by God any longer and yet many of us get attacked by our past...not only you...Condemnation is not for the christian...That is why Our minds need restoration and renewal. I cannot believe somr of the attacks some are under but satan is greatest witness...he wouldn't be there unless you are Gods Child bought with The Blood of Jesus.

I use to have to read the same word over and over again each time it was as if I was cutting and pulling at the root of what had been planted to let the new seed grow. It is a different type of faith, or I should say level of faith that we will know that others will never know.... but then again they say the percentages are extremely high for clinical depression I also use to read the word out loud to myself, Faith comes my hearing and hearing the word of God! :emot-hug::o:24:

Also i was put on 60mg of prdnisone for a year through me into a manic state I have never known...I could have killed anyone and it was not demonic...They needed to give me psych meds to stop this effect. Peope in hospitals are depressed, not all of them but they are not jumping for joy either, but most have such loss of control they can go into psychosis easily.

So don't ever..ever look at your worth diminished in any capacity...Jesus loves you the same as anyone else.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

Anita

Thank you for sharing this, Anita. Keep praying & I'll pray for you too :emot-hug:

Hi

I've just joined and was quite fascinated by what you've said. I totally agree to what you have to say. I used to work in a mental hospital in south africa and after I became a reborn Christian and learned everything about demons the devil and its bondage I realized that 90% of these mental illness was because of

demonic bondage. It's just sorry that there is such a few people (and even christians) that don't want to acknowledge the existence of demons and the powers they can have over our lives. Please excuse my language and spelling. I live in Southern Africa and grew up in the Kalahari desert where I was'nt taught the English language!