IGNORED

Dec 21, 2012

mathqueen

Guest shiloh357

How else do you explain that all the dinosaurs buried under millions of years of lays of earth.

This proccess could have taken millions of years. Remember time is not a factor to God. A millions of years to us could be like a day to God.

This means that dinosaurs died before Adam sinned. According to the Bible death and disease were the result of man's sin. So now you have death before sin, which is totally contradictory to the Bible.

Does the bible say that Adam sin is the result of other species death? I am not disagreeing with you, and think you have a vaild point, but do have any scriptures that back up that adam's sin resulted in the death of other species. Maybe Adams sin resulted in mans death only not other animals. Death was passed down through the genes how could have Adams sin effected other species since they are not of the same blood, genes or species.

I think that Romans 8 gives us some insight into this:

For the creation eagerly waits with anticipation for God's sons to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to futility--not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it--in the hope that the creation itself will also be set free from the bondage of corruption into the glorious freedom of God's children. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together with labor pains until now. (Romans 8:19-22)

I believe this teaches that all of creation was effected by man's fall. It doesn't speak specifically about animals dying but it shows creation groaning in anticipation for the finality of redemption in its full manifestation.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

P.S. How could you hate math???????????????? I don't get it!!!! :emot-highfive:

I don't know, it just never liked math class. Always liked history, life sciences, and english much better. Then, as it happens, I use algebra (at least a form of it) in my job all the time. Today, my biggest complaint about Algebra is in High school they really don't focus on the aspects of it your going to use in many careers.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

I think that Romans 8 gives us some insight into this:

For the creation eagerly waits with anticipation for God's sons to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to futility--not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it--in the hope that the creation itself will also be set free from the bondage of corruption into the glorious freedom of God's children. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together with labor pains until now. (Romans 8:19-22)

I believe this teaches that all of creation was effected by man's fall. It doesn't speak specifically about animals dying but it shows creation groaning in anticipation for the finality of redemption in its full manifestation.

yeah that is some good scripture...but I am not sure if it clears the question if there was death of animals prior to adam's sin. I believe there was because God told Adam that plants and animals were for food, which was pior to sin. Therefore there must have been death of plants and animals. I wonder if there are any other scriptures that cover this.

Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to all birds of the heavens, and to every creeper on the earth which has in it a living soul, every green plant is for food. And it was so.

Maybe we should start a new tread since this is off of subject.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

There is a verse, not sure where it is exactly, that says death came through adam.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

P.S. How could you hate math???????????????? I don't get it!!!! :o

I don't know, it just never liked math class. Always liked history, life sciences, and english much better. Then, as it happens, I use algebra (at least a form of it) in my job all the time. Today, my biggest complaint about Algebra is in High school they really don't focus on the aspects of it your going to use in many careers.

What do you focus on, as far as algebra is concerned? (Sorry to be tangential on my own thread! :o )

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Does anyone have any real knowledge/thoughts about the Mayan calendar's date for the end of the world as we know it? On this date, scientists and modern astronomers state that the sun and the earth will be in perfect alignment with the center of the Milky Way galaxy. This only happens once every 25,800 years. Scientists are not sure what the effect will be, but it is possible magnetic currents will spin in opposite directions, or there may be a field effect reversal. Some believe the positions of the north and south poles would shift, which would cause worldwide disaster. Although this event seems farfetched, this pole shift is backed by science. Thoughts? I must admit, I'm freaked. I shouldn't be because God is in control, and Jesus is coming again. How many of you think this is the date He will return (even though I know the Bible states no one will know the exact time/date), based on known facts/predictions about what will happen?

I'm confident that God knows more about when the world will end than the Mayans.

So why worry? :o

Does anyone have any real knowledge/thoughts about the Mayan calendar's date for the end of the world as we know it? On this date, scientists and modern astronomers state that the sun and the earth will be in perfect alignment with the center of the Milky Way galaxy. This only happens once every 25,800 years. Scientists are not sure what the effect will be, but it is possible magnetic currents will spin in opposite directions, or there may be a field effect reversal. Some believe the positions of the north and south poles would shift, which would cause worldwide disaster. Although this event seems farfetched, this pole shift is backed by science. Thoughts? I must admit, I'm freaked. I shouldn't be because God is in control, and Jesus is coming again. How many of you think this is the date He will return (even though I know the Bible states no one will know the exact time/date), based on known facts/predictions about what will happen?

I'm confident that God knows more about when the world will end than the Mayans.

So why worry? :o

And that is an EXCLELLENT point my dear!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Speaking of number (math) -

Did anyone notice that Dec. 21, 2012 comes out to 12 21 2012? Or the European way, 21 12 2012?

Weird, huh?

I love numbers. :noidea:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,840
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Personally, I don't hold these '2012 prophecies' in high regard.

Planet X? Return of the Nephilim? :noidea:

I think it is a lot of new-age/ufo/occultic nonsense ;)