• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

:sleep: I am totally new to this whole forum thing, but I figured I would give it a try!

I want to know if you can have spiritual warfare in your sleep? Would there be a difference bewteen dreaming about it, and actually doing it?

I'll explain more later....I want to see your answers before I get into it!

Thank you and may the Lord bless you.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you Hippo,

I have been awakened many times in the nightwatch. Called upon to pray and I mean pray fervrently.

I have even awakened reciting scripture and in prayer. Then in semi conciousness or sleep I would think it would be more like praying in the Spirit.

I also believe just as our Father can speak to us thru a dream. The enemy can intimidate that way as well.

That is why I always ask for confirmation. I ask Father was that you? Or was it my flesh or perhaps something else?

Good question. Warring in the sleep in what way?

Peace,

Dave

It is strange and it varies from time to time. It starts with a paralyzing fear, and I know that it isn't of the Lord (for fear is not of the Lord but of Satan). Sometimes I am wide awake and sometimes I am dead asleep. I try reciting Scripture, my mind goes blank, and I can't even speak. I see dark hovering shadows sometimes dark figures. It's really hard to explain without you thinking I am insane or making it up, but I'm not. In the dreams, they are worse, than when I am awake. I hear voices, and they are really oppressive type spirits. I wake up gasping for air sometimes, because I can't breathe. I don't know if this makes sense, but I am trying. They are different each time, and sometimes they are almost like premonition type things, because a couple of weeks later, that scenario happens...other times, I get just pralyzed with fear. I'm sorry if this isn't making sense...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

The Word of the Lord says," For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end." KJV

Heavenly Father, I come to You and ask in Jesus name, that You bless this one tonight with peace and deliver from the torment of fearful dreams. I plead the blood of Jesus and bind the attack of the enemy away from this one. In Jesus name , amen. Satan take your hands off this child of God in Jesus name!

We over come by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Amen

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I used to have dreams with great spiritual overtones. Not pleasant ones. For years I had reoccurig dreams waking up terrified. Very similar each one with a horrible pressense that would belch this foul odor into my face and objects moving in my dreams. Very vivid very real.

Recently I had the last dream and I don't know what it was but I had an argument with the enemy some how reality and my dream met. I heard satan scream at me " your God must be something spechial . I felt myself arch in pain the force of his angry voice was so real and went right through the core of me. As I came out of the dream I realised my husbands knee was against my back. Somehow my dream and reality mixed. The few people I spoke to looked at me funny except my Hubby. But I know that I know some thing was broken that night. What ever the argument was that I had with satan when I had that physically painful moment it was like something broke deep in my being. I had peace like never before that day.

My point is you are not insane or anything. Spiritual attacks are very real, more so to you because it is you that it happened to. But I pray for you the same as Jesus Saves.

Pray before you go to bed. Boldly and if you feel the need through the night cry out to Jesus.

I'll pray for you tonight.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/13/1972

ask your pastor or someone spiritual in your life to come into your bedroom and have two or three together praying ......

Take this seriously .......pray pray pray until you overcome this.........

Dreams can be haunting when you dont have someone to pray with you .....

Your pastor or elder should be able to help you with this .........or at least a very strong spiritual leader type person to stand in the gap for you ........

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hippo, Another thing I would do is to look around my bedroom and see if there are any occultic "trinkets", and get them out of there. Sometimes what we have around just as art or for decoration can be an invitation to evil. This sounds strange to me, but a personal experience has persuaded me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  346
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/25/1964

Dear Lil one,

You know Satan hates when we are strong in the Lord, and sis, I know you have been drawing closer and closer in your walk and committment to Christ.

I'm sorry to hear of your night struggles. Can your pastor come and just 'bless' your room? We do a blessing each time we move, our pastor and Bible study group come over and we just pray and commit that we will serve the Lord there.

And I know you pray before bed. Maybe find a few calming scriptures to read and meditate before bed time also? And I would go to bed each night with 'Get behind me Satan!' my Gma was big on that for many things.

I had an awesome thing happen 2 days ago! I was way down in the dumps. Found myself starting to spiral again into depression...but I woke up with a verse on my lips as the alarm signaled me awake. It was not a verse I commonly think on and I lay there and meditated upon it and felt so overpowered by His love for me...wow what a blessing to pull me outta the dumps.

I'll be praying for u sis.

(welcome to the boards :t2: )

~hugs~

• 3 weeks later...

"Can your pastor come and just 'bless' your room? we just pray and commit that we will serve the Lord there. "

"Get behind me Satan!' my Gma was big on that for many things.">>remembers that on... :) :oww:

"I had an awesome thing happen 2 days ago! I was way down in the dumps. Found myself starting to spiral again into depression...but I woke up with a verse on my lips as the alarm signaled me awake. It was not a verse I commonly think on and I lay there and meditated upon it and felt so overpowered by His love for me...wow what a blessing to pull me outta the dumps. "

PTL Donna, our God is so awesome!!! :)

Donna, I can't really do that. My parents think its dumb....they feel embarrrassed to ask them to come in. I wish they could.

I did talk to my Pastor's wife about it, and she told me to annoint the all the door posts and windows and claim the blood and in not so many words to kick the bad spirits out of the house.

I admit I have yet to do this, for I am somewhat timid to mess with the spiritual realm. I know that I have been given the authority, and I need to walk in that...

Thank you all for your comments. They have been helpful.

:hug: :hug: blessings to you all.