• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:21: from damo1

to axman let me say you are not alone on this as i am to looking into this my self if you have a christian book store wear you are i would recomend this book it is written by kenneth E hagin on seven steps for judging prohecy as i am going over corinthians my self on this subject alone and a freind in church hear in australia gave me this book and i am finding it very help full

2 corinthians 11 13-15

for such are false apostles decitful workers transforming them selves into the apostles of christ

and no marvel for satan him self is transformed into an angel of light

there fore it is no great thing if ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness whose end shall be according to their works

2 peter 2 1-3

but there were false prophets also among the people even as there shall be false teachers among you who privily shal bring in demandable heresies even deneying the lord that bought them and bring upon them selves destruction

and may shall follow their perniciouse ways by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of

and through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandice of you whom judgment now of a long time lingereth not and their dmnation slumbereth not

this is what i am looking at my self and i am going also threw gods word

1 by their fruits

2 does it glorify christ ?

3 does it agree with the scriptures ?

4 are their prophecies fulfilled

5 not all prophecies are of god

6 do the prophecies produce liberty or bondage

this is what i have been asking the holy spirt my self

even though many proclaim that what they are getting is of god we always need to go back to the living word

belivers can learn to distinguish between true and false gifts we dont need to be left in the dark concerning anything the bible gives us light

i am even told that i can judge prophecy and prophets how the bible gives us seven steps and i had given you 6 steps

the last step is

the anointing abideth in you

1 john 2 20 =27

but ye have an unction from the holy one and ye know all things

but the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you and ye need not that any man teach you but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things and is truth and is no lie and even as it hath taught you ye shall abide in him

yet i am only speaking hear for my self and what i have learnt so far from the living word and this book alone that was passed on to me i was quoting from kings james version i also have the niv new international version and the new spirit filled bible yet i always go back to kings james as i love reading from this book

so i hope by what i have jotted down helps you as i wil also come back to this thred and see what others have put down as i am intrested my self in this alone

from damo1

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/20/1984

I find thru the bible God speaks to me directly, I can feel passages stick out like a sore thumb. I know it is Gods guidance for me. Also I do get absolute feelings, and I often get convicted of wrongs. What I personally do is I have quite a few devotionals, and I read one or two a day, usually morning and night... and I allow God to guide me through these devotionals including my daily bible readings.

God bless~

Heatherx

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I find thru the bible God speaks to me directly, I can feel passages stick out like a sore thumb. I know it is Gods guidance for me. Also I do get absolute feelings, and I often get convicted of wrongs. What I personally do is I have quite a few devotionals, and I read one or two a day, usually morning and night... and I allow God to guide me through these devotionals including my daily bible readings.

God bless~

Heatherx

hello there... I read the question as well as some replies and then stopped. I do not want my answer tainted with anything.

A prophet---- The mouthpiece of God in the old testament, the hebrew meaning is the same for a prophetess as well. These are functioning offices ordained by God, given by God. It is also used as a spokesperson as Aaron was to Moses. This word has no intent. Good or bad the same word is used.

A seer----is the means God by which the prophet and god communiacate

A prophet in the new testament is clearly someone who gives a divine message, havingg immediate conversation with God

If you look at all the prophrts old and new testament They proclaimed and preached on not only future events before they happened but also of Gods awesome grace.

Prophecy does not have to be fortelling. It is something spoken that cannot be known by natural means. It emanates from God and tells the wilof God whether or not referring to past present or future. To let people know the mind and heart of God.

A revelation.

How does one know they have a prophecy to Give.

That depends on a number of things. Some people tremble when God speaks through them...The power of God is so Great. If you talk to God all the time He reveals secrets to you about things, yourself, people , his heart. When he wants you to say anything to a group it is like a dam opening up.

How do you know what someone tells you is coming from God? You know where you are at. So does God. If someone you have never seen who is a chrisian speaks to you it is like hitting the nail directly on the head. Any questions like Is this really for me in a what is this guy or gal talking about...I would probably say it is not of God.

If you are getting direction... 1 it confirms what Jesus has already told you....2 it needs to bear witness to the Spirit of God within you 3. line up with the word of God

It also corrects, reprooves and encouraging. Always directing you to truth, Jesus, and a Loving father.

A intercessary prophet is a person who recieves vision or a word from God and intercedes until God says stop. It is actually the Holy Spirit you are allowing to intercede through.

How can watchman see whats coming and warn the body.

How do pastors and Teachers of Gods word know what to teach and preach to total strangers. Hope this is helpful as well.

A person who has dreams and visions are seers but are in the same category of a prophet. patricia1

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Nice post patricia1,that was pretty much on the money.

Rufus you too,I agree if some one claims to have a word from God and that word contradicts the bible and or what you know what god has already spoke into your heart then that word is not of god at all.

That said, God does still today use prophets to reveal his heart to his people one on one and in group settings.

:grin:

Nice post patricia1,that was pretty much on the money.

Rufus you too,I agree if some one claims to have a word from God and that word contradicts the bible and or what you know what god has already spoke into your heart then that word is not of god at all.

That said, God does still today use prophets to reveal his heart to his people one on one and in group settings.

:grin:

Thanks Guys and I figure what I miss will be added to for I know not everything... Great example of needing each other... I give the glory and credit to Jesus. Amen? and Amen!

Guest skyline

Prophecy is to speak God's words to others who have not heard it. As far as predicting the future, all of the most important events that needed to be foretold have already been written, most of them thousands of years ago. Having faith in Christ, and being able to see, through God's insight, the fulfillment of prophecies past should only bolster our confidence in the reliability of God's prophetic word. As far as our having visions and dreaming dreams- absolutely, our God blesses in many ways and I wouldn't discredit them without much prayer. God will sort things out. This is my first post, thanks for putting with me.

Prophecy is to speak God's words to others who have not heard it. As far as predicting the future, all of the most important events that needed to be foretold have already been written, most of them thousands of years ago. Having faith in Christ, and being able to see, through God's insight, the fulfillment of prophecies past should only bolster our confidence in the reliability of God's prophetic word. As far as our having visions and dreaming dreams- absolutely, our God blesses in many ways and I wouldn't discredit them without much prayer. God will sort things out. This is my first post, thanks for putting with me.

Philips daughters were reconized as prophetesses, so was John the baptist, peter, paul, Jesus and more. Remove all the writings of the prophets old and new we would not have much left of the bible.

Look at that nutty woman running around after Paul proclaiming that the apostles were from God. She said nothing wrong. But what she was saying was coming from a demonic realm. Paul knew it.

If that happened in this day would we know Some may have agreed with her for she said not a lie? Thats how tricky satan is. You need to know the voice of your father, your Savior.

skyline...hello there. I do agree that post of the fortelling of future events have been written and we still remain to see some of them to be fulfilled. But I believe there are other things that can be forseen still.All the old testament prophecies if you actually sit and think if you heard them in that day how much would you believe to be true....be honest here.

If a person talks about things falling out of the sky like stars that melt skin down to their bones... even the prophets knew it was all from God, but knew not what they were really seeing...It gives a whole new look to the prophet of today who is not believed. These prophecies had not come to fruition in their time and they were not stoned to death because it did not come to pass.... I often wonder how they escaped such scrutiny.. must've been the Lords' Miracle. patricia1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

Philips daughters were reconized as prophetesses, so was John the baptist, peter, paul, Jesus and more. Remove all the writings of the prophets old and new we would not have much left of the bible.

Look at that nutty woman running around after Paul proclaiming that the apostles were from God. She said nothing wrong. But what she was saying was coming from a demonic realm. Paul knew it.

If that happened in this day would we know Some may have agreed with her for she said not a lie? Thats how tricky satan is. You need to know the voice of your father, your Savior.

skyline...hello there. I do agree that post of the fortelling of future events have been written and we still remain to see some of them to be fulfilled. But I believe there are other things that can be forseen still.All the old testament prophecies if you actually sit and think if you heard them in that day how much would you believe to be true....be honest here.

If a person talks about things falling out of the sky like stars that melt skin down to their bones... even the prophets knew it was all from God, but knew not what they were really seeing...It gives a whole new look to the prophet of today who is not believed. These prophecies had not come to fruition in their time and they were not stoned to death because it did not come to pass.... I often wonder how they escaped such scrutiny.. must've been the Lords' Miracle. patricia1

My understanding of prophecy is that it is twofold, forthtelling (being God's mouthpiece and telling of God's will) and foretelling (Prediction of future events)

As far as foretelling goes, I would say the the end of the book of revelation had closed the chapter on foretelling future events.

Rev 22:18 I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book:

Rev 22:19 and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.

Rev 22:20 He who testifieth these things saith, Yea: I come quickly. Amen: come, Lord Jesus.

as for dreams and visions, I would have said that the prophecy as fulfilled in Acts .

New creature

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

My understanding of prophecy is that it is twofold, forthtelling (being God's mouthpiece and telling of God's will) and foretelling (Prediction of future events)

As far as foretelling goes, I would say the the end of the book of revelation had closed the chapter on foretelling future events.

Rev 22:18 I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book:

Rev 22:19 and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.

Rev 22:20 He who testifieth these things saith, Yea: I come quickly. Amen: come, Lord Jesus.

as for dreams and visions, I would have said that the prophecy as fulfilled in Acts .

New creature

Simply put it that those words from Revalation 22:18-20, are going to shed light on modern bibles and the King James Bible which over the years from the orignal publishing of the New Testament by Will Tyndale 1526. If you compare the verses you are going to realize that some power is left out on the cuttingtable where bible corrupters meld and fix the word as the want adds or deletes or both. That goes with prophecy of the prophets especially, whose words are designed to turn men onto God's health and power from the doctrine of the world.

Understand Habbukuk, the prophecy revealed at exactly the right time, by using the least corrupt source as possible, like the modern internet reprint of the 1537 Matthew's O.T at faithofGod.net

Habbukuk 2:17

For the wrong that thou hast done in Libanus, shall overwhelm thee, and the wild beasts shall make thee afraid: because of men's blood, and for the wrong done in the land, in the city, and to all such as dwell therein.

2:18

What help then will the Image do, whom the workman hath fashioned? Or the vain cast Image, wherein because the craftsmen putteth his trust, therefore maketh he dumb Idols?

2:19

Woe unto him, that sayeth unto a piece of wood: arise, and to a dumb stone: stand up. For what instruction may such one give? Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver, and there is no breath in it.

2:20

But the LORD in his holy temple is he, whom all the world should fear. (New Testament companion scripture, Acts 15:20, 29, I Cor 10:7,

Titus 2 2:9 (1526)

The servants exhort to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please in all things, not answering again,

2:10

neither be pickers, but that they shew all good faithfulness, that they may do worship to the doctrine of God our saviour in all things.

2:11

For the grace of God, that bringeth health unto all men, hath appeared

2:12

and teacheth us that we should deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, and that we should live honestly, righteously, and godly in this present world,

2:13

looking for that blessed hope and glorious appearing of the mighty God, and of our saviour Jesu Christ:

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

New creature

If there are no more prophecies or prophets,Then why is prophecy mentioned in 1st cor 12:8-10 as one of the spiritual gifts,and why are prophets said to be one of the 5 fold ministries in eph 4:11?

I get very weary of prophets who give new revelations from God when we already have the Bible as the ultimate revelation from God especially when there are mad men out there claiming to have new revelations. The last person to claim that started a new religion called Islam.

New creature