My fears of joining a church....

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My fears of joining a church is that they will call me all the time and that i wont like most th epeople but ill have to be nicce and either go do what they ask me to or avoid them all together and feel bad, thats my fear...

Guest lovinghim4ever
My fears of joining a church is that they will call me all the time and that i wont like most th epeople but ill have to be nicce and either go do what they ask me to or avoid them all together and feel bad, thats my fear...

Psalm 56:11 In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

Psalm 118:6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

:P:noidea::24:

Guest Greg Davies

Yo Zol, It's O.K., God loves you and He wants to deliver you from all your fears. According to Eph 4:11-16 you will read why it is absolutely necessary for you to be part of a local assembly.

Will there be people there that are hard to get along with? Yes! Will there be some who might not like you? probably. You see the church is made up of people who need to grow up in Christ, just like you and me. None of us are perfect, but the only way we can mature in Christ is to learn to love one another in spite of our weaknesses. Remember, Jesus died for us while we were still in our sins and He wants us to be like Him, loving the unlovely, lifting up the down trodden, healing the sick, finding the lost, and saving those who are dead in there sins, just like someone did for you.

Have you received Jesus as your Saviour? I always assume people on Worthy Chat are, but hey, maybe you have never really believed He died for you and was raised from the dead for you and in now your Peace. Say, "Jesus, I believe You payed the penalty for my sin, You died for me. I beleive that God, the Father raised you from the dead and that you are alive. Your blood has redeemed me from death, You are my Saviour. Thank you for rescuing me. Now, sweet Jesus, lead me to a church that will teach me Your ways and help me be conformed to Your image. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

don't worry, no one can force you to do anything you don't want to do. if someone asks you to do something, just be honest about it if you don't feel you're ready. i didn't 'join up' at all until i knew i felt comfortable there. the good thing about church is you can just show up; you don't have to make anything official until you want to.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Zol, what is it that you have in mind that a servant of Christ is supposed to do? Sometimes, it not always easy to do the right thing, but when you are doing it for Christ, ,or for one of members of the Body of Christ, you are reaching out, as Christ had reached out. Dont be afraid to let God use you for His will. There are many needs in the church and in your community to where you can help your brothers and sisters in Christ and also your neighbor, letting him see Christ in you.

My fears of joining a church is that they will call me all the time and that I won't like most of the people but I'll have to be Nice and either go do what they ask me to or avoid them all together and feel bad, that's my fear...
:th_praying:

Unplug The Phone :24:

Dear Sister There Are Two Things You Can Keep In Mind, Just Say No And Trust In God

But You Knew That All The Time.

Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

You have nothing to fear from church folks.....as long as you pay your protection money on time.

.....which reminds me - you're late!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

There's an easy way to keep them from calling you until you're comfortable hearing from them: Don't give them your phone number!!

If they try to pressure you into getting more involved than you're comfortable with, just explain that you're still just trying to get familiar with the church and you're not ready for that much involvement yet. They'll understand. If they don't, well, that's a little creepy so you might want to find somewhere else anyway.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Yo Zol, It's O.K., God loves you and He wants to deliver you from all your fears. According to Eph 4:11-16 you will read why it is absolutely necessary for you to be part of a local assembly.

Will there be people there that are hard to get along with? Yes! Will there be some who might not like you? probably. You see the church is made up of people who need to grow up in Christ, just like you and me. None of us are perfect, but the only way we can mature in Christ is to learn to love one another in spite of our weaknesses. Remember, Jesus died for us while we were still in our sins and He wants us to be like Him, loving the unlovely, lifting up the down trodden, healing the sick, finding the lost, and saving those who are dead in there sins, just like someone did for you.

Have you received Jesus as your Saviour? I always assume people on Worthy Chat are, but hey, maybe you have never really believed He died for you and was raised from the dead for you and in now your Peace. Say, "Jesus, I believe You payed the penalty for my sin, You died for me. I beleive that God, the Father raised you from the dead and that you are alive. Your blood has redeemed me from death, You are my Saviour. Thank you for rescuing me. Now, sweet Jesus, lead me to a church that will teach me Your ways and help me be conformed to Your image. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

:taped:

Great stuff.

Zol, the only real way to see if your fears are unwarranted is to find out for yourself. :)

You may find that your fears are just that- fears. You may be pleasantly surprised at what you find when you go.

t.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:th_praying: from damo1

hay zol you are not alone i was once wear you are at look at it as being a servent jesus came to serve and he sets out basic principles for us to follow by when looking be wise test do not make any commitments until you are sure that this is were you are ment to be one thing people are people and you wil get on with some and you wil not get on with others even the leaders and pastor in what ever church you find your self in are humen as well if you have a mate or some one that can guide you on this chat with them tell them your fears but also be care full do not go towards and jehva witness church or morman church as these people are not of the real church they wil use you and take advantage off you

do not let what you hear like worship and people speaking in a diffrent language freak you out as this freaked me out i use to sit at the back of the church and when it was over i use to leave this is normal church life this is people just communicating with there father in heaven it is called speaking in tounges this wil all be xplained to you when you settle in to a church you wil find people are loving people are warm and they will welcome you even talk with the pastor of the church if you have fears he is there to help you out and he wil not judge you or throw your past at you

you are in the right place around some awsem :thumbsup: people people who wear once just like you

lord i pray for zol i pray that you just be with my sister and i pray that you wil guide her into a loving warming church wear she wil feel comfterbal i pray that you wil put good people around her lord and right now i pray for prottection over her place your angels around her and lead her and hear her heart felt prayers and even her fears lord show her that you are there for her in jesus name i ask

from damo1