• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1972

I put this tract in with the candy...it gets a great response!

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp

That's a great track. I like this new one they have out now. It's a powerful message.

Do ya'll seriously mean you give these to children on Halloween??????

Well, Chick Publications does have tracts directed at younger children. Here's a list of suggested tracts

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

That's a great track. I like this new one they have out now. It's a powerful message.

What is wrong with it. i remember this tract when i was a kid, think the first time i saw it was around 7 or 8 years old.

its Gods word. i haven't seen any of Gods word that wasn't good for kids yet!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

What is wrong with it. i remember this tract when i was a kid, think the first time i saw it was around 7 or 8 years old.

Okay, if ya'll say so...............personally I wouldn't use it to to start a fire. I should have known just by seeing who puts it out.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Okay, if ya'll say so...............personally I wouldn't use it to to start a fire. I should have known just by seeing who puts it out.

Sorry i don't understand. Where in the tract does it not tell the truth!??? i don't see any error in its message.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

In the past we had a Hallelujah Party and had games singing (christian songs) and food.

At home I give out stuff from the local christian bookstore, pencils rubbers etc all with a message on them.

Tell them God bless you and to take care.

:unsure:

No one comes to my place I live on a major road here. But I do take my daughter out on 1 particular block. She understands that it is not a religious holiday. As she gets older she can make her own decision.. It is the school that bothers me..they go way overboard... My sister had gotten into druidism for a while and it became a big celebration to her. I do not know how it Got Started by my grandmother said the going to houses actually started on thanksgiving to give food, a potatoe , celery and so forth so all around the neighbors would make sure every one had something to eat and to celebrate the shareing of the Indians and pilgrams. the original thing I heard was that this was the day that spirits of others rose up for revenge or to do harm to others thus masks were worn to try and trick the spirits of their identity, Now where I leave it is a day for satanists and so on. My church use to do a harvest party to give a alternative. In the past I gave out tracks and jellyapples making sure I can touch them with a blessing. I am expecting to see a few or more up there. when I go door to door with my daughter and her dad I pronounce a blessin on each household. I have been going to the same houses and they all know me.... sometimes a track is given out to me and I have fellowship for a short time.. :emot-wave: patricia

• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I see nothing wrong with giving a child a cartoon tract with the gospel message... :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315

Put up a big cross in your front yard. Paint it bright white and put a spot light on it while you are playing Christain music and dress like Moses.

:)

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

No one comes to my house because of the road it's on. There are no sidewalks and the houses are too far apart.

I've watched rated "G" kids shows that had more violence than the message in those tracks. Kids should be told the truth about Hell and the consequences of sin. I don't agree with every single message in all of Jack Chick's tracks, just like not every pastor is always right. To believe someone is always right is idolatry. Most of them are scripturally accurate. We should always test everything we read, it's our job, then pass on what is good. Chick makes it easy.

Not every track is kid-friendly, though.

I think they'd be a great thing to put in someone's basket, especially if there's candy(chocolate) attached to it. :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Living in political society these days and as a public school teacher we no longer celebrate halloween. We have a Fall or Autum festival. The only children or students that are allowed to dress up if they want are those in grades K - Seconds grade.

Now as far as church goes I'm now never home on halloween because I'm at church were we have Trunk or Treat. The children are asked to dress up as Bible characters. There are some creative kids out there. Talk about a scary costume I asked one boy who he was dressed as and said he was a unic. (spelling) ouch my man manhood just hurt thinking about who he was.

Parents were also creative in decorating the back of ther trunks. while others did no decorations the kids got there free candy which is what it halloween means to most kids is free candy.

Then our church had a game night for the children and a bon fire we they got to make somores. For those that did not want to particpate in games they watched videos Charlie Brown in the pumpkin patch and Veggie Tales the one with song in it about "God is bigger than the boogie man....."

That all lasted from about 6 to 9 pm than after that the middle to high school students had a lock-in at the church. Menaing with adult adult supervison they played games and had pizza and slept in the church or see who could stay up all night watching videos or playing board games or haveing prayer groups and small devos and of course they all got about 2 or 3 hours of sleep maybe. IF they were lucky and got more but that was not normal. For the kids that were afraid to sleep over in the church they had have their parents arrange to pick them up at midnight and those were the only time any could leave the building other wise it was locked up so no one gets in or out.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Living in political society these days and as a public school teacher we no longer celebrate halloween. We have a Fall or Autum festival. The only children or students that are allowed to dress up if they want are those in grades K - Seconds grade.

Now as far as church goes I'm now never home on halloween because I'm at church were we have Trunk or Treat. The children are asked to dress up as Bible characters. There are some creative kids out there. Talk about a scary costume I asked one boy who he was dressed as and said he was a unic. (spelling) ouch my man manhood just hurt thinking about who he was.

Parents were also creative in decorating the back of ther trunks. while others did no decorations the kids got there free candy which is what it halloween means to most kids is free candy.

Then our church had a game night for the children and a bon fire we they got to make somores. For those that did not want to particpate in games they watched videos Charlie Brown in the pumpkin patch and Veggie Tales the one with song in it about "God is bigger than the boogie man....."

That all lasted from about 6 to 9 pm than after that the middle to high school students had a lock-in at the church. Menaing with adult adult supervison they played games and had pizza and slept in the church or see who could stay up all night watching videos or playing board games or haveing prayer groups and small devos and of course they all got about 2 or 3 hours of sleep maybe. IF they were lucky and got more but that was not normal. For the kids that were afraid to sleep over in the church they had have their parents arrange to pick them up at midnight and those were the only time any could leave the building other wise it was locked up so no one gets in or out.

Okay Mr. won't you be my neighbor, and ernie is your ..... I see a theme here... haha... Hope you get the pun. I looked to see where you are from. My daughters classroom had a cauldron...real cauldron in it. Teachers dressed up as well. All were given a paper with a so-called POEM on it for all to say together. You may also be talking about a christian school,maybe. But I am from New york. The teacher kept her eyes on me...I believe it was something else, well anyway my daughter did not say that corporate poem and I had already anointed my hands. Touched each child as they went out the door.. :whistling: