Nebuchadnezza10

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

but if you get down to it, there is things about the baptist, nazarine, methodist, presbyterian, church of God, church of Christ, and so forth and so on that i do not accept as far as teachings.....

for the most part, denominations tend to put limits on the work they allow God to do, and also tend to be very exclusive of who can be used to work for God.....

I seen an entry not too long ago, that was a leaflet or hand out before internet was around, it is a mock up of a letter that was sent to Paul... telling Paul ( Saul ) that he is not accepted into their ministry for the following reasons... and there are many things, to start with his eye sight, then it goes on that he has part time employment, and and and.....

wow, he use to be a very well to do guy, one with great standing in the community.... and he lost it all......

well anyways, just a thought, we had too many threads going that was battles between the "religions" and sorry to say I ever posted in them.....

have a wonderful day...

mike

I agree.

I have thought for most of my life that "organized religon" is the best tool Satan has today. It takes up too much time and makes everything way too complicated.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/08/1971

I love the catholic people do you?

Angels :rofl:

I love the Catolic people as well but hate their false doctrines.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

please, we have enough catholic protestant debates going on.... I am right you are wrong things....

there is none that is perfect...... if you ever find the perfect church, you wont be allowed thru the doors ( me either ).....

I am former catholic, many of my family is still catholic, there are many things I do not agree with what so ever with the catholic teachings, but if you get down to it, there is things about the baptist, nazarine, methodist, presbyterian, church of God, church of Christ, and so forth and so on that i do not accept as far as teachings.....

for the most part, denominations tend to put limits on the work they allow God to do, and also tend to be very exclusive of who can be used to work for God.....

I seen an entry not too long ago, that was a leaflet or hand out before internet was around, it is a mock up of a letter that was sent to Paul... telling Paul ( Saul ) that he is not accepted into their ministry for the following reasons... and there are many things, to start with his eye sight, then it goes on that he has part time employment, and and and.....

wow, he use to be a very well to do guy, one with great standing in the community.... and he lost it all......

well anyways, just a thought, we had too many threads going that was battles between the "religions" and sorry to say I ever posted in them.....

have a wonderful day...

mike

Again, it is nice to tell ppl that no matter what they do they are right but that niceness clashes directly against being a truthful witness.

but if you get down to it, there is things about the baptist, nazarine, methodist, presbyterian, church of God, church of Christ, and so forth and so on that i do not accept as far as teachings.....

I seen an entry not too long ago, that was a leaflet or hand out before internet was around,  it is a mock up of a letter that was sent to Paul... telling Paul ( Saul ) that he is not accepted into their ministry for the following reasons... and there are many things, to start with his eye sight, then it goes on that he has part time employment, and and and.....

have a wonderful day...

mike

I agree.

I have thought for most of my life that "organized religon" is the best tool Satan has today. It takes up too much time and makes everything way too complicated.

Either that or Satan makes ppl believe "there's no such thing" as the true Church of Matt 16:18.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I seen an entry not too long ago, that was a leaflet or hand out before internet was around,

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

John 4:23 "But the time is coming-it has, in fact, come-when what you're called will not matter and where you go to worship will not matter. It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship."

Mobile21 Why does the fact that Mary lived in John's house prove that Mary had no other living children? The one I wonder about most is James. What reference do you have that James was not the true "half-brother" of Jesus?

To be honest, I have always thought of Mary and Joseph having other children. But put in the context of the times, and having some insight into Joseph's character, I guess it is certainly reasonable that he and Mary would have refrained from sex after what had happened.

Other than the references to Jesus's mother and brothers being outside to see Him, are there other references that intimate that Jesus did in fact have siblings?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

To be honest, I have always thought of Mary and Joseph having other children. But put in the context of the times, and having some insight into Joseph's character, I guess it is certainly reasonable that he and Mary would have refrained from sex after what had happened.

Do what???? This would go against the whole of Scripture! The Apostle Paul speaks that a man and wife shouldn't refrain from sexual activity within the bonds of marriage UNLESS it is for a short season of prayer and fasting. Why in the world would God put such a condition upon the marriage as no sex? That is ludicrous IMHO. There is no sort of vow, etc. from the OT that would give us something of that nature to be taken into the context of this situation.

As far as Joseph's character, he was no prude and would have known the possible results that would resulted from the temptation had he have not had sexual relations with Mary. Please quit trying to read things into the Bible that are simply not there. :(

John 4:23 "But the time is coming-it has, in fact, come-when what you're called will not matter and where you go to worship will not matter. It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship."

Mobile21 Why does the fact that Mary lived in John's house prove that Mary had no other living children? The one I wonder about most is James. What reference do you have that James was not the true "half-brother" of Jesus?

Other than the references to Jesus's mother and brothers being outside to see Him, are there other references that intimate that Jesus did in fact have siblings?

Mary was about 15 years old and Joseph was an old man by the time they married. God selected an old widower to marry her instead of a young fertile man because Jesus was to be born from the Holy Spirit anyway. Of course Mary couldn't have her child as a single mother because she would've been stoned to death. That clearly was not a normal situation.

In the Bible, not only is clear who the biological parents of the 4 alleged Jesus' brothers were, Acts 1:15 tells us:

"In those days Peter rose up in the middle of the brethren, and said; and there was a company of men together, almost an hundred and twenty;"

The same greek word for brothers (adelphos) is used in the original text, so that means the Virgin Mary had 120 children????!!!. According to the ones who choose to ignore the fact Mary had no other children, she did!.

It's clear there is a word for cousins in greek (anepsios), yet the evangelists chose not to use it because of their culture, not because they were really His biological brothers

So, was the Virgin Mary truly a virgin??? yes, yes she was :D

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  250
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

As far as Joseph's character, he was no prude and would have known the possible results that would resulted from the temptation had he have not had sexual relations with Mary.

The possible results? The possible results? Who the heck are you kidding? Are you saying that Mary would have cheated on Joseph or the other way around? The Mother of Christ not being able to control her lusts!!!!! What a hateful joke. Do you truly think that Mary and Joseph were like you in character, I said character, not nature, before you fly off the handle. Do you think God chose someone that could not control their lust to be the parents of his Son? Remember Joseph was already an old man by the time he married Mary. Do you think he was an adulterer before marriage? What a joke. You make me sad.

Guest mcm42
Do you think God chose someone that could not control their lust to be the parents of his Son

King David couldn't control his lusts... Maybe it ran in the family...

I don't agree or disagree with anyone, so far,this quote caught my eye and I thought I would shed some light on the idea.