Ehrenkreuz

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

With regards to the resurrection, do you believe that Christ was resurrected in the flesh or merely in spirit? And why, please?

I've seen other Christians go either way, I'm wondering what you guys think.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

With regards to the resurrection, do you believe that Christ was resurrected in the flesh or merely in spirit? And why, please?

Jesus told Thomas to touch the holes in His hand. :thumbsup:

Jesus told Thomas to touch the holes in His hand. :thumbsup:

Yes, I'm aware, but this particular fact is not mentioned in the first 3 gospels and could therefore be disregarded a an fictitious embellishment.

If I'm correct Doubting Thomas was mentioned only in John, which was written at least a decade after Luke and Matthew who make no mention of the event.

Edited by Ehrenkreuz

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Yes, I'm aware, but this particular fact is not mentioned in the first 3 gospels and could therefore be disregarded a an fictitious embellishment.

If I'm correct Doubting Thomas was mentioned only in John, which was written at least a decade after Luke and Matthew who make no mention of the event.

A couple of things, Ehrenkreuz. First, one can not see a spirit. Secondly, God's Word is final, without mistake. There are other things in the Bible that appear only once. Because you can not cross reference something, does not meant it is not true.

Edited by OneLight

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I believe his body was raised, It was missing from the tomb, ;)

Matthew 28:5-7

5 But the angel answered and said to the women,

A couple of things, Ehrenkreuz. First, one can not see a spirit. Secondly, God's Word is final, without mistake. There are other things in the Bible that appear only once. Because you can not cross reference something, does not meant it is not true.

First, None of this "God's Word is final" buisness, please. I'm sure that's fine when you're at church, but you sound rather pretentious from a non-believer's POV.

Second, assuming that Jesus was only resurrected in spirit, it's still entirely possible that he appeared to the Disciples in a vision. Or a 'revelation' as Paul says in Galatians 1. And in 1 Corinthians 15, verse 44 Paul says, "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body." It may also be worth reading the verses that follow, as they cling to the same pattern. There seems to be a chance that Paul believed that Christ rose not in a flesh body, but in a spiritual body.

I believe his body was raised, It was missing from the tomb, ;)

Matthew 28:5-7

5 But the angel answered and said to the women,

Guest Biblicist

Several times Jesus ate with his disciples.

"36 While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you."

37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38 He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

40 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?" 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate it in their presence." [Luke 24]

Ghosts, Holy Spirit or otherwise, do not eat. Jesus was flesh and blood, He said so.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, let's look at the Scriptures:

Matthew 28:1-15

1 Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. 2 And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, F164 and sat on it. 3 His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. 4 And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men. 5 But the angel answered and said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. 7 And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you." 8 So they went out quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to bring His disciples word. 9 And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, "Rejoice!" So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell My brethren to go to Galilee, and there they will see Me."

11 Now while they were going, behold, some of the guard came into the city and reported to the chief priests all the things that had happened. 12 When they had assembled with the elders and consulted together, they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers, 13 saying, "Tell them, 'His disciples came at night and stole Him away while we slept.' 14 And if this comes to the governor's ears, we will appease him and make you secure." 15 So they took the money and did as they were instructed; and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day.

Does it sound to you like Jesus' body was still in the tomb?

Luke 24:1-12

1 Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them,* came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. 2 But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. 3 Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. 5 Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead? 6 He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, 7 saying, 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.' " 8 And they remembered His words. 9 Then they returned from the tomb and told all these things to the eleven and to all the rest. 10 It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them, who told these things to the apostles. 11 And their words seemed to them like idle tales, and they did not believe them. 12 But Peter arose and ran to the tomb; and stooping down, he saw the linen cloths lying by themselves; and he departed, marveling to himself at what had happened.

If He did not resurrect bodily, where did His body go?

Luke 24:24 - And certain of those who were with us went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said; but Him they did not see."

Mark 16

1 Now when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him. 2 Very early in the morning, on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen. 3 And they said among themselves, "Who will roll away the stone from the door of the tomb for us?" 4 But when they looked up, they saw that the stone had been rolled away--for it was very large. 5 And entering the tomb, they saw a young man clothed in a long white robe sitting on the right side; and they were alarmed. 6 But he said to them, "Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid Him. 7 But go, tell His disciples--and Peter--that He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you." 8 So they went out quickly and fled from the tomb, for they trembled and were amazed. And they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.

The angel said He was no longer there, but risen, and see the place where He lay (as in, the place is empty).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Jesus body today is still not there. I wonder if people try to do dna test, but Jesus was conceived by holy spirit, unless someone knocks on heaven door and ask God for dna test. ;) but still today Jesus body not in tomb he is alive and lives in my heart. :24: