• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/29/1985

I am a Christian, I believe God's Word to be true and I am trying to change my life in a way that pleases God ... but, apart from many sins, there is one particular sin that i am having a real hard time with and that is Lust.

Throughout my school and college years, I was forunate in the sense that I didn't fall into the same trappings that my peers did (drinking, partying, smoking, etc.), but there was one area that I've often struggled with and that is lust.

For alot of years I justified it, but now as I'm trying to rebuild my relationship with Christ, I see now that it is very selfish and very wrong - it brings me nothing but guilt, emptiness, and depression.

I need help on how to deal with this ... any advice would help me out greatly. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Brian

wow i think its truly awesome that you've admiitted to yourself your wrongs and want to change your future!

honestly i don't have any specific pointers indealing with lust but i think for starters we need to renew ourselves each day and ask God to take control of our lives, thoughts and actions...Pray that we would become more like Jesus each day and that our views of the opposite sex would be changed and replaced with seeing them as brothers and sisters in Christ..

I will keep you in prayer...

Just be persistent and don't lose hope, keep the focus on Jesus.

Love,

Kyra

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

The bible says to FLEE YOUTHFUL LUSTS. Lots of places we are told to stand, to fight, but in this area, we are told to flee.

The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, the pride of life, are not of the Father, but are of the world.

If you think about pizza all day, you will dream of pizza at night. Dreams come through the multitude of business (what you are occupied with).

The bible says to think on whatever is lovely, of good report, faithful... we are commanded to think about certain things and to NOT think about others, so we have to make an effort to think about good and godly. Whatever you meditate on in your heart you will speak, the mouth speaks the abundance of the heart, and soon your words will become wholesum speech, and your actions will follow your words. Then you overcome by the blood of the Lamb (washed clean and saved), the word of your testimony (the new things that you are saying), and not loving your life unto death (mortify the deeds of the flesh).

When you are tempted in this area, flee! Go to a better place of thinking, a better view of the sight of the eyes, and don't feed the lust of the flesh.

I hope this helps you.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

The bible says to FLEE YOUTHFUL LUSTS. Lots of places we are told to stand, to fight, but in this area, we are told to flee.

The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, the pride of life, are not of the Father, but are of the world.

If you think about pizza all day, you will dream of pizza at night. Dreams come through the multitude of business (what you are occupied with).

The bible says to think on whatever is lovely, of good report, faithful... we are commanded to think about certain things and to NOT think about others, so we have to make an effort to think about good and godly. Whatever you meditate on in your heart you will speak, the mouth speaks the abundance of the heart, and soon your words will become wholesum speech, and your actions will follow your words. Then you overcome by the blood of the Lamb (washed clean and saved), the word of your testimony (the new things that you are saying), and not loving your life unto death (mortify the deeds of the flesh).

When you are tempted in this area, flee! Go to a better place of thinking, a better view of the sight of the eyes, and don't feed the lust of the flesh.

I hope this helps you.

We live in a society where dress code is not what GOD INTENDED! Unfortunately we as men are designed by God to be attracted to the opposite sex and ours eyes deceive us in that we are attracted somewhat by sight. Now in all this we should understand that women should dress somewhat more discrete to help us, but how can this be in our society! As perfect as we men think we are most all of us struggle with this temptation. How to overcome this? I have to repent MYSELF many times during the week! This does not make me a bad person it is just when I indulge in these thoughts that makes it bad so I choose to think of the word and Jesus and my beautiful Loving Wife, she is my one and only.

So you are not alone my brother. I hope someday maybe in my 80's I can not look at a beatiful women in Lust.

Go with God and he will go with you as he forgives us old fellows and still Loves us!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Sounds like you are a guy.

Welcome to the club.

There are two WRONG WAYS to deal with lust of the flesh. The first wrong way is to fulfill it. The second wrong way is to suppress it.

What we have never learned to do here as Christians in America is to simply say 'So what?' to it. You don't have to do ANYTHING with it!

"I had a genital urge; so what?" and go on with life.........

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/29/1985

thanks for your responses everyone, i really do appreciate it. and i know that prayer is a huge part of overcoming this ... but i'm still obviously not doing something right.

i've heard that fellowshipping with other Christians helps immensely, but i haven't gone to church in a while (i'm sad to say) and even though i am planning on going back, i have no clue on how to tell people about this issue. i've also thought about going to SAA meetings in the past, but unfortunately i don't have a car at the moment so i'm relying on family for transportation which means that they would have to take me to these meetings and i really don't feel all that comfortable having them know about this issue.

but it's nice to know that i'm not the only person out there who has this problem.

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Hi Brian,

I suggest praying for an accountability partner. You also need to get involved in a local church. This doesn't necessarily mean that you'd have to tell someone in whatever church God leads you to about this weakness.

You're absolutely not alone in this struggle. It's easy to be held captive by this because there is so much shame involved. You are brave in not only admitting to this but in bringing it out in the open here and asking for help.

You are in my prayers.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I am a Christian, I believe God's Word to be true and I am trying to change my life in a way that pleases God ... but, apart from many sins, there is one particular sin that i am having a real hard time with and that is Lust.

Throughout my school and college years, I was forunate in the sense that I didn't fall into the same trappings that my peers did (drinking, partying, smoking, etc.), but there was one area that I've often struggled with and that is lust.

For alot of years I justified it, but now as I'm trying to rebuild my relationship with Christ, I see now that it is very selfish and very wrong - it brings me nothing but guilt, emptiness, and depression.

I need help on how to deal with this ... any advice would help me out greatly. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I've had the same problem, and this is what I did: read the Bible, prayed, listened the Gospel music, and told my self that my love for God is stronger than anything. And that with fate in Him I can overcome anything.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:P from damo1

high Brian i reccomend every mans battle you can get this at a christian book store and its a very good book for guys like your self also as 4given1 stated find some one you can be accountable to in church like pastor or friend

i was wear you are at know and that is one of the things i needed to work on as a man my self and christ just simply took that off me

you should know what Jesus say on this subject read MAtthew 5 verses 27 to 30 most bibles have a different message on adultery

when you are in church and if it enters your mind do not entertain that thought deal with it there and then also ask the spirit to help you with this fill your head with positive things like try to remember a bible vere and pray over your self i am not sure how far you are in your walk yet most men i know have also been there and dealt with this issue and have moved on to wear its not a problem to them

i am in a good mens group wear i can talk openly on these things in your church is there a mens group that you can be apart of and be around other men that you can talk to

though i will say one thing there are guys also who will not talk openly on these issues as i have found this hear in Australia its like its a taboo for them to be open and human

i use to work in strip clubs as a boucner and this was around me 7 days a week yet i sort of got use to it to wear it never use to play on my mind the women i was looking after treated me as one of there brothers and it did not worry me that they wear naked and they knew they could trust me and i would not do nothing to hurt them yet this is just me

when i am talking to a women in church i look her in the eye not at what she is wearing or at her breasts as this is uncomfterbal for a women and this is something you need to also think about if you are having problems with lust

also seek counseling your counselor in church will be able to help you deal with some things and show you how to handle certain things

Lenord gave you some points very good points for a man and speaking as a man i am on the same terms as what Lenord stated it should be so what and never suppres things

be open with your self as you are a man my friend and get that book i told you every mans battle it goes into deeper things and you will find it very helpful

we use this in our mens group a pastor gave me this book for my self and we always talk openly so don't be afraid to be your self around other brothers they will understand wear you are at

Remeber one thing brian when walking in your town try not to let your thoughts go into hypo drive my friend as women are human they might be wearing things that would almost make a man go weak at the kness and satan is very good at attacking us guys like this as you wil also need to learn to handle this not just in the real world but in your job and also when shopping as what makes a women comfterbal it wil almost play on your mind and women can tell when i guy is checking them out even if you think you are good at hiding this never undress a women never think what she might look like in the nude or what you can do to her if she wear your partner as this is one of satans tools that he uses

and put the armor of god on prottect your self also the holy spirit lives with in you and do not do nothing to defile the holy spirit

remember 1 thing every man is different yet most men would have dealt with what you are dealing with know Brian

i hope you get to a point in your walk wear you over come this

take care from damo1

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  9,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

well...i have same problem sometimes.....everytime i think i got it mastered....it comes right back!!!but i wont give up....i not long ago starting seeking God again....and feel forgivin.....which is great.....now i feel like its time to reach back deep down within to my hope and dreams....and once i do this ....i know most of the lust problems should be gone.....anyway hope this made anykind of since..... :P