IGNORED

Heyy

Guest Megan(:

Hey! I'm Megan. I'm 13 and a swimmer (:

I just have a question. Tonight, I'm going to youth group. And I've been going through something that I've been quite depressed about.

At youth group, everyone has the chance to get prayer whether you're going through something or want to pray for someone else.

I really want to get prayer by someone because I'm really hurting inside.

But I'm not sure if i'm going to...

it's kind of embarrassing because people see me as a really happy person from the outside. And inside, i'm not happy.

Do you think I should? i mean, it's not something TOO serious.

I'm just nervous to tell someone how I feel.

because i feel like all my friends hate me, one of my friends is always rude to me, and I'm so uncomfortable with my weight and how I look.

Edited by Megan(:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Hi and welcome! :blink:

My advice to you would be to go to the youth group tonight and receive prayer if you have that opportunity. If people are offering to pray for you, it is because they care about you. I am sure that they would want to help you if they knew how you were really feeling and wouldn't want you to pretend that everything is OK when you are hurting inside.

Go along and be blessed! :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

Hi and welcome! Afal gave the advice I would give :)

Also, if you feel you can't talk about specifics in the group, you could ask for prayer in general & not feel you have to go into details with the larger group. God knows what is on your heart :blink:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from Worthy Welcome to Looking for Advise. Welcome to the boards!!

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Hi Megan :emot-highfive:

Don't be shy about taking that initial step of going forward and getting prayer. Only good things will come of it :emot-partyblower:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  970

Megan,

Dont be embarrassed to ask for prayer. You can ask for prayer and not mention to others why you need prayer, because God already knows your heart and situation.

I know the pains of being overweight when I was 13. God did bring me through it and He will bring you through it too. Remember who you are in Christ Jesus. You are a child of God. Jesus calls you friend. Those are awesome tributes to have since we were unworthy of any of them. We are forgiven. What an awesome act of love. God wants us to lean on Him, mature in Him and to love Him. For what ever the reasons others choose not to believe in God, many of these choose also to hate those whom have chosen to follow God. We, as Christians will face persecution in many different ways. Much of this is satan trying to get us to turn away from God. God does not forsake us during these times, but He allows our faith to get stronger in Him.

Anyway Megan, welcome to Worthy, and dont ever be afraid to ask for prayer, even from us here at Worthy. We will pray with you and for you. :emot-partyblower:

Blessings in Christ Jesus

Wingwalker

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Welcome Megan. Sometimes we don't feel like we should ask for prayer for ourselves because of pride. It is humbling to ask for prayer. You say that people see you as a happy person (I like you already :emot-partyblower: ) Well, it could be that there is someone else in the group, too, who is afraid to ask for prayer. If you ask, it may make it easier for the others to ask. Even though you don't give the details to the group, God will know. Sometimes it is better not to give details.

It's not easy going through the teen years. I am sure that your friends don't hate you, but if they do then you need new friends....or to be the best witness for Christ that you can. Pray for your friends.

May God help you with your problem.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  864
  • Birthday:  04/22/1954

Hey Megan, Welcome

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Welcome Megan. Sometimes we don't feel like we should ask for prayer for ourselves because of pride. It is humbling to ask for prayer. You say that people see you as a happy person (I like you already :) ) Well, it could be that there is someone else in the group, too, who is afraid to ask for prayer. If you ask, it may make it easier for the others to ask. Even though you don't give the details to the group, God will know. Sometimes it is better not to give details.

It's not easy going through the teen years. I am sure that your friends don't hate you, but if they do then you need new friends....or to be the best witness for Christ that you can. Pray for your friends.

May God help you with your problem.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Hello there sweety,

There are times where we do not need to give out a lot of information to the person who will be praying. I do not know of any 13 year old who does not need prayer. Your smile may not be fooling those with descernment who know better. Just put your hands up and recieve from the Lord what He has for you. There also have been many times I have gone up for prayer and Jesus did something else.

I have learned and I pray you do to...not to care about what anyone thinks about you.. Only care about what Jesus is saying to you and your relationship with Him.

In James it also says that you recieve not because you ask not, and you ask not because you don't know what to ask for. Now if Jesus is talking to adult mature christians that goes to show you we are all in the same boat at some time.

I very rarely asked Jesus for anything really believing Salvation was enough and just grateful for that. Did that change quickly :b:

Jesus cares for every thing you care about, worry about, wonder about and want to do. Your needs and wants plus your desires. He cares and Loves you very much and the greatest response you can have is to love Him back and let Him love YOU. He has a whole lot up there in those storehouses for each one of us and is more than happy to give to His children... God Bless you in Jesus Name sincerly patricia1 :emot-highfive: