kari21

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

Not for the equivalancy of the crimes committed by any means, strictly as a situational example of truth and lies.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I MAY accept 'error by omission' (not Lying) but you'd think that when they knew the film was going to be ABOUT science and religion they would have ASKED for Pete's sake.

I can't figure out why they wouldn't have....

The best I can come up with is that that they're just so arrogant, they assumed the film would reflect their own viewpoint because it's the only one???

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But the question is - was deceit intended?

It is one thing for the website to have information meant to mislead to get their desired results, and it is another for the title and marketing strategy to be changed (as happens with multiple films, a normal occurrence actually) down the road.

If an assumption was made by Dawkins based on one publication brief he read, then he is to blame for not doing his homework. He didn't even ask what the film was about. If he had asked directly, and been told directly it was something that it is not, then he would have a case. As is, his gripe is self-inflicted.

Besides, if he is so sure of his position, then what is his worry? Unless he said things that only serve to prove the point being made in the film?

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Actually, yes, it is. Its called "lying by ommission."

Ummm....I don't recall Ben Stein ever saying he was a Christian...

Oh, and as far as the irreducible complexity of the bacterial flagellum getting busted, here's a link to Mr. Behe's website:

http://www.arn.org/authors/behe.html

Scroll down to the "Responses to Critics" section. He takes on all comers...

One of the reasons that ID got hammered at the Dover trial was that Michael Behe himself admitted that it was on a par with astrology.

"Another misperception came out in the Q&A session. Behe was asked if he believed astrology was science because he had been quoted all over the media as saying astrology would fit in with his definition of science. Behe stated that at that point in the trial they were discussing the definition of science. He was asked if astrology was science and Behe said he stated astrology was considered science in the 13th and 14th century and that it in part led to astronomy. He was referring to historical times, not current times. But, the media only picked up his reference to astrology being acceptable in his definition of science."

About 500 years ago, most "scientists" believed (albeit incorrectly) that the Earth was the center of the solar system. Had you asked an early astronomer in the year 1500 if the geocentric model of the solar system was "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, and tested hypotheses ... that develop[ed] from extensive observation, experimentation, and creative reflection ... [and] incorporate a large body of scientific facts, laws, tested hypotheses, and logical inferences" she would have probably told you YES!

Put the NAS [National Academy of Sciences] on the witness stand, and they would admit that 500 years ago, some people would have said that geocentrism qualified under their definition of "theory." In fact, 500 years ago, many of these same people would have put "astrology" under the NAS definition [of science] (note: we find this incredible today, but in his time, it was not scandalous that Newton was an astrologer). Today we know both astrology and geocentrism are totally wrong, and so nobody wants them taught as science in school.

Further info: http://www.evolutionnews.org/2005/10/500_y..._astrology.html

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Dave:

Of COURSE there will be no admissions that they were fired because of their anti-evolution views.

Of COURSE they'll give other reasons.

Would you beleive that evolutionists may try to find ways to fire scientists who beleive in creation?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

and I've never seen Ben Stein.

Beuller, Beuller, Beuller...

I don't know what they said to RD, but here's what they sent to PZ Myers:

Hello Mr. Myers, My name is Mark Mathis. I am a Producer for Rampant Films. We are currently in production of the documentary film, "Crossroads: The Intersection of Science and Religion."

At your convenience I would like to discuss our project with you and to see if we might be able to schedule an interview with you for the film. The interview would take no more than 90 minutes total, including set up and break down of our equipment.

We are interested in asking you a number of questions about the disconnect/controversy that exists in America between Evolution, Creationism and the Intelligent Design movement.

Please let me know what time would be convenient for me to reach you at your office. Also, could you please let me know if you charge a fee for interviews and if so, what that fee would be for 90 minutes of your time.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,

Mark Mathis

Rampant Films

4414 Woodman Ave. #203

Sherman Oaks, CA 91423

www.rampantfilms.com

A little research reveals that the film is mainly about two individuals who lost their job for quite different reasons. One lost tenure at University because he bypassed the peer-review process in order to get an ID paper into a scientific journal, the other because he couldn't raise enough funds, and although he was employed as an astronomer and physicist, he concentrated on biology instead, and wanted to teach an ID biology class. That might not be sacking grounds in a kindergarten, but it is at a university.

Does "the little research" contradict what was told PZ Myers? Is he excused from not having asked for a more in-depth explanation?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Didn't Dawkins do the same thing, with an interview in his film, the God delusion?

Do tell!

Well if the God delusion, I believe he interviewed Haggard, and cut out anything that made any sense from the film, though I don't like Haggard at all, Dawkins still did the same thing.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

to davem

hear is the link just go into the sight and you wil see what i saw as i have down loaded a lot of stuff for my self and i am still going over other stuff i have been reading this since tuesday night

www.scienceagainstevolution.org

simple once you are in side and you wil see for your self yet many brain heads can not admit what darwin admited as if they have something to prove even my mate who is a crime sceen investigator and who teaches at uni admits that darwin had the guts to admit he was wrong

Darwin was wrong and he eventualy admited this fact before he died

Darwins score card

For Evolution

more individuals are born than can survive

there is a lot of variation in species

Evolution depends upon inherited variations

Against Evolution

the laws governing inheritance were quiet unkown to darwin

correlation of growth in breeding has side effects that limit variation

inter crossing causes variations to revert to the norm

the fossils record does not support evolution

there are no living intermediate forms